Skip to main content

My 3 Face Primers

As you can tell from the title, I am going to review three face primers. These are so far the only ones I have tried and thought I would share my opinions on them. They are all from the drugstore and very inexpensive.

Rimmel Fix & Perfect PRO
I was looking to try a face primer and a YouTube Beauty Guru mentioned she loved this one, so I decided to give it a try.

The packaging is slightly thick and made of white plastic with navy blue detailing on the front with the logo and all the relevant information on the back. It has a cylindrical navy blue cap and a raised short and wide nozzle, which dispenses the product when you squeeze the tube. The formula is very light and smooth. You get 30ml of product in the tube and the product is in a white cream gel form.
This product has a 5-in-1 claim, which means it should, Smooth, Resurface, Brighten, Mattify and Protect, so it is supposed to glide onto your face and make it easier for you to apply your foundation. Your foundation should apply more evenly and last longer. This product should smooth out your face, minimize your pores, give you an even complexion, brighten your skin and mattify and not make your face appear shiny in the slightest. You should also be able to wear it alone for a fresh look and even complexion and it overall should protect your skin.

The packaging is nice and simple and the actual product glides onto your face very easily and makes a perfect even base for your foundation to glide on after it. It makes your face feel smooth, silky soft and light before and after applying foundation. Alone it didn’t minimize my pores or even out my complexion, but when you have applied foundation the difference is noticeable. It does brighten up your face, but you will still look matte and shine free. I’m not really sure if it protects your skin, but it feels like it does. It also feels like is contains SPF, but it is not mentioned in the ingredient lists, but your face feels moisturised. I wouldn’t wear this alone because it doesn’t offer coverage and it doesn’t make a difference to my face until I have applied my foundation. Your foundation should last around nine hours or more.

Overall this is a great primer and is my favourite of the three I am reviewing.

Price - £6.99     Rating - 4.5/5
Recommend - Yes       Re-Purchase - Yes
Available at - Superdrug, Boots

SEVENTEEN Photo Flawless
I was looking to try another face primer to see if I could find a cheaper option and I decided on this one because I hadn’t tried many SEVENTEEN products before.

The packaging is really thin and made of black plastic with silver detailing on the front with the logo and all the relevant information on the back. It has a small cylindrical black cap and a raised short and thin nozzle, which dispenses the product when you squeeze the tube. The formula is very light and thin. You get 15ml of product in the tube and the product is in a cloudy white gel form.
This product is mean’t to be silky in texture so that it glides onto your face and makes your face smooth, so that your foundation can easily glide onto your face. It is also supposed to give you an even complexion when you have applied your foundation and it should reduce your pores and make your foundation last longer.

The packaging is a really nice size and is easy to dispense. It does dispense a little strangely because the texture/form is different, so you don’t really know how much you need until you have applied it to your face. The texture is slightly silky, but it kind of feels greasy when it is on your fingers. It glides on and does make your face feel smooth and also feels like there’s a slight film over your face, but it doesn’t really feel strange and I don’t feel that it is a problem because it is still smooth textured. Your foundation also glides effortlessly over the top and your foundation will last for around eight hours or more. It didn’t minimize my pores, but they did appear smaller after I applied my foundation and I only noticed the evenness in my complexion after I applied my foundation. Although it is not included in the product description, it does slightly mattify your face.

Overall it is a good primer, but you don’t get a lot of product for your money and I just don’t like the weird texture the product has when it is on your fingers!

Price - £4.99     Rating - 4/5
Recommend - Yes       Re-Purchase - No
Available at - Boots

MUA Professional
I decided to buy this face primer to try it out because I was making my very first MUA order online and decided to add a few items I was likely to use.

The packaging is quite thin and made of black plastic with silver detailing on the front with the logo and all the relevant information on the back. It has a wide black cap and a raised short and thick nozzle, which dispenses the product when you squeeze the tube. The formula is light and wet. You get 27ml of product in the tube and the product is in a white cream form.
This product is supposed to glide onto your skin and make your face really smooth, so that your foundation glides on too. It is also mean’t to slightly mattify your face, as well as minimise your pores. Your foundation should cling to the primer and last all day.

This is not a bad product at all and the packaging is quite small, so handy for travelling. It does glide onto your face but when it dries your face kind of feels tacky instead of smooth, but your foundation still glides over it. Your foundation does cling to the primer and mattifies your face. It doesn’t last all day, unless it means all day as in a working day, which is eight hours and that’s around how long it lasted for me. Lastly I wouldn’t wear it alone because I need coverage and this product offers none. It didn’t really minimize or reduce my pores, until I applied my foundation, but that could have just been the primer clogging my pores which is supposedly bad for your skin.

Overall it is a good product and inexpensive. I’m just not crazy about the texture when you first dispense it onto your hand because it kind of separates and is slightly watery, but it still works.

Price - £4         Rating - 4/5
Recommend - Yes       Re-Purchase - No
Available at - MUAstore.co.uk, Superdrug

Overall out of the three I have tried, I prefer the Rimmel Fix & Perfect PRO. It has the nicest texture and it smells nice too. The other two work just as well, but it just comes down to personal preference.

The Rimmel one looks like it is the most expensive, but it is actually not. You are only getting 15ml for £4.99 for the SEVENTEEN one, instead of 30ml for £6.99 for the Rimmel one!

Thank you for reading, more reviews will follow ♥

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Katie Price 'Stunning' Perfume VS JoJo Siwa 'Be You' Perfume - Are they the same?

I was browsing on AllBeauty.com and looking at celebrity fragrances and I saw that one was listed for JoJo Siwa. I had heard of JoJo before, but I don’t really know anything about her. I clicked on it out of interest and when I first saw the image of the perfume, I thought maybe the wrong photograph had been uploaded until I clicked on it and saw the description of the perfume. When I first saw the photograph, before I clicked on it to read the description, I instantly thought, that’s Stunning by Katie Price! I looked into it a bit more and compared it to Stunning. The JoJo Siwa “version” is called Be You. Photo Source: Perfume.com Stunning by Katie Price ·          Released in 2007 (12 years ago). ·          Contains the notes; Mandarin Orange, Jasmine & Patchouli. ·          Classed as a floral scent. ·       ...

Benefit Cheek Stars Reunion Tour Palette

I’ve wanted to try the highlighter Cookie from Benefit for ages, but always decided against purchasing a single of it as I always declutter the single boxed powders by Benefit, so I didn’t want to waste money again. Also, I have far too many single highlighters (OFRA ♥) as it is! I kept seeing Beauty Influencers on YouTube use this palette, so I decided to purchase it for myself. You get five full sized powders inside a cute compact palette. You also get a free face brush which also fits inside the palette and a Tips & Tricks Card. You can purchase it for £53.50 ($60.00) from BenefitCosmetics.com. There is also a mini version available of this palette (Cheek Stars Mini Reunion Tour Palette), which includes; Georgia, Sugarbomb and Hoola for £26.00 ($30.00). All five powders are also available in singles and mini/travel singles. Swatch Stencil: Stripes 7 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk Dallas - rosy bronze blush (9g) Sugarbomb - rosy pink blush (7g) Cookie - golden...

Charlotte Tilbury Charlotte Darling Easy Eye Palette

I have another Charlotte Tilbury palette post for you today; I have been on a roll with them! You can definitely tell I am a fan of her eyeshadow formula. There are loads of other CT products I would love to try, but I am slowing down the purchases for now as I do have a confession to make at the end of this post! THE PACKAGING The packaging is made of shiny maroon plastic and it has a short, thin and rectangular shape. It has a metallic gold starburst design across the front. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift up to reveal the rectangular eyeshadow pans arranged in threes across a mirrored gold base. The group names are printed on the back of the palette. The shades don’t really have names, but there is a removable plastic insert included which labels the eyeshadows as 1 Prime, 2 Enhance or 3 Smoke. There is also a mirror on the underside of the lid. THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA You get six 0.9g eyeshadows in Matte (M) and Metallic (ME) finishes.   ·    ...