Skip to main content

Make-Up Declutter 2017

I recently did a declutter of my cosmetics and I thought I would share with you how many products I got rid of. I decided to do a declutter because I haven’t done one since March 2016 and I also recently had my bedroom re-decorated and I bought everything brand new, a lot of IKEA furniture! I wanted to sort through everything and then organise it into my new furniture.

I bought the cult IKEA Alex 9 Drawer unit for my make-up products and I have to say I am a little underwhelmed by it. I bought some inserts to use in the drawers and they didn’t fit, so I was annoyed at that anyway. You can only pull the drawers out two thirds of the way, so you have a little wasted space at the back that you can’t reach. I suppose you could modify it, but I’m not messing about. I had to buy some cutlery trays to store my make-up in and I am not overly happy with the results, but it will do for now! The unit is a lot smaller than it looks and I always wondered why bloggers tend to have more than one, I have my answer now because if you have a ridiculous amount of make-up, you will need more than one. Let’s get into what I managed to purge from my collection:

FACE
Foundations - 2
Bronzers - 1
Blushes - 4
Cheek Duos - 1
Various Samples - 7

That is a total of 15 face products. The brands of products I got rid of are; e.l.f, Rimmel, NARS, Benefit, theBalm, Stila, Too Faced and Urban Decay.

EYES
Eye Primers - 9
Single Powder Eyeshadows - 10
Cream Eyeshadows - 5
Liquid Eyeliner - 1
Pencil Eyeliner - 1
Mascaras - 7
Brow Products - 4
Various Samples - 4

That is a total of 41 eye products. The brands of products I got rid of are; Urban Decay, Colour Pop, Maybelline, e.l.f, NYC, MAC, Too Faced, Rimmel and Benefit.

LIPS
Lipsticks - 14
Lipgloss - 3
Lipstains - 2
Various Samples - 4

That is a total of 23 lip products. The brands of products I got rid of are; Revlon, Tanya Burr, MAC, Rimmel, Urban Decay, Too Faced and Maybelline.

PALETTES
Eye Palettes - 13
Cheek Palettes - 2
Multi Use Palettes - 2

That is a total of 17 palettes. The brands of palettes I got rid of are; Jeffree Star Cosmetics, Too Faced, Cargo, Urban Decay, e.l.f and Tarte.

BRUSHES
Face - 7
Eye - 11

That is a total of 18 brushes. The brands of brushes I got rid of are; Zoeva, Lauren Luke and e.l.f.

FRAGRANCE
Perfume - 1
Mini Perfumes - 3
Samples - 15

That is a total of 19 fragrances. The brands of fragrances I got rid of were a mixture of Celebrity and Designer.

NAIL POLISH
Full Size Bottles - 15
Mini - 25

That is a total of 40 nail polishes. The brands of nail polishes I got rid of are; Essie, Barry M and O.P.I.

On a whole it doesn’t seem as though I got rid of that much, but I did my first and major declutter last year and since then I haven’t subscribed to any beauty boxes, which helps a lot because I don’t end up hoarding a lot of stuff I don’t really need or want. Everything I got rid of either went to my Sister, in the bin or in a bag that I am going to donate in the new year. I am going to wait until at least after Christmas to donate it, just in case I end up collecting any more cosmetics I don’t really need or want. I actually decluttered everything I own, but I only really wanted to share the cosmetic portion with you.

♥ ♥ ♥

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Katie Price 'Stunning' Perfume VS JoJo Siwa 'Be You' Perfume - Are they the same?

I was browsing on AllBeauty.com and looking at celebrity fragrances and I saw that one was listed for JoJo Siwa. I had heard of JoJo before, but I don’t really know anything about her. I clicked on it out of interest and when I first saw the image of the perfume, I thought maybe the wrong photograph had been uploaded until I clicked on it and saw the description of the perfume. When I first saw the photograph, before I clicked on it to read the description, I instantly thought, that’s Stunning by Katie Price! I looked into it a bit more and compared it to Stunning. The JoJo Siwa “version” is called Be You. Photo Source: Perfume.com Stunning by Katie Price ·          Released in 2007 (12 years ago). ·          Contains the notes; Mandarin Orange, Jasmine & Patchouli. ·          Classed as a floral scent. ·       ...

My Current Top 5 Beauty Influencers

The sort of purpose of the ‘Becca’s Babble’s’ posts are a way to get to know me a little, with me rambling on about topics that are not necessarily beauty or lifestyle related. I thought I would share my current top five favourite YouTube channels with you today and they all happen to be Beauty Influencers. I’m not actually sure how long I have been subscribed to any of the channels and I don’t know of a way to find out. In no particular order: Photo: © Property of Porcelain/Bridgette Porcelain Name: Bridgette   Age: 25   Based: United States of America (USA) Bridgette is the most consistent uploader and uploads the most per week out of all the Influencers I am subscribed to on YouTube. She does a lot of varied content and I really enjoy her videos (declutters, reviews). I feel like she is the only one whose videos I watch all of regardless of the content. Sometimes I skip others videos if they are not about something that interests me, but I feel like I have...

KALEIDOS Futurism VII: Sashimi City Palette

This was the futurism palette that I was the most excited about trying. It’s the one that has the most cohesive colour story to me and I do love me some warm neutrals! I still have three more futurism palettes to test out and I can’t wait. THE PACKAGING The packaging is a long thin rectangle shape and the concept reminds me of a wardrobe. There is a purple, pink and coral city skyscraper theme all over the packaging. It has a magnetic closing and you open up the left side first and then the right side to reveal the circular eyeshadow pans and long thin mirror inside. The outside theme continues to the inside. The eyeshadow shade names come printed on a removable plastic sheet. THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA You get six 1.33g eyeshadows/pressed pigments in Matte (M), Duo-Chrome (DC) and Multi-Chrome (MC) finishes.   ·          Rich and Velvety Texture ·          Smooth as Silk Application ·   ...