Skip to main content

Review: Rimmel Wake Me Up

Wake Me Up Foundation
I bought this after seeing the advertisement for it on Rimmel’s Facebook, and I thought the description sounded perfect for me.
The packaging is made of glass and it has a curved shape, with the Rimmel logo and product name printed in the centre on a bit of plastic tape. The cap is a slanted block shape made of plastic and it is a bright orange colour with glitter sparkle. This product has an orange plastic pump, which dispenses the product. All the relevant information is printed on the back, like most products. It is also packaged in a plastic wrapper, with a security tag.
This product is marketed as a foundation that “instantly reawakens skin, with a healthy, radiant glow”. It is also mean’t to be light weight and give a poreless and flawless complexion. It also contains SPF15 for sun protection and illuminating pearls, which is mean’t to give your face a natural glow. It is also mean’t to “bounce your skin back to life” and banish the signs of fatigue and tiredness from the face. It should  stay put for ten hours and to give a natural coverage of medium to full. This product is currently available in six shades.

I have this product in the shade 100 Ivory and it is 30ml. I do like this product, but I have oily skin and I think this product makes me look shiny in an oily way, rather than being a natural radiant glow. I use one full pump and a tiny bit extra, if I use two full pumps it is too much and it emphasises my pores. It is not bad coverage, but I still need to use concealer on any redness. I would say it is medium or less coverage, as it has a thin and creamy consistency, probably because of the SPF15, but that allows it to spread more and evenly, which is why I don’t use so much. It does make my face look more wide awake, which is great seeing as though I don’t get enough sleep (fatigue). It definitely doesn’t last ten hours on me, my face is oily and my face can get very warm during the day, which means it will wear away over time. It doesn’t completely disappear, because it still looks like I have a bright face and I notice a big difference when I wipe it off at night. I feel as though it kind of sinks into my skin, which gives the illusion of it all being there, even though some of it will have disappeared! As for it being poreless and flawless, I don’t think my face will ever look flawless with make-up, until it is without! It does cover up the pores on my nose quite well, but sometimes it can make the little hairs, that you can’t see on a bare face , show up on your cheeks.

Overall I do like this foundation and I did re-purchase a back-up when it was on offer again, but I will be using it up and trying a different foundation that has more matte qualities, to see if that makes the difference in regards of my face appearing shiny.

Rate: 4/5           Re-Purchase: No                Recommend: Yes
Product Link: click here!
RRP Price: £8.99
Where I Got It & How Much For: Morrisons (UK) for £5.99
You Can Buy It At:- Boots (UK), Superdrug (UK)

 Wake Me Up Concealer
This came out a bit after the foundation, so I decided to get it so that they match.
The packaging is made of plastic and the cap is also made of orange plastic, which doesn’t have the glitter like the foundation does. The cap is also the applicator, which is a slanted, dough foot sponge. The product info and logo have worn off mine, so I have inserted another picture from someone else which shows the writing.
This product is marketed as Rimmel’s first full coverage concealer and it is mean’t to “visibly reawaken and illuminate under the eyes” it is also mean’t to “completely cover spots and other blemishes”. It is also mean’t to cover up the signs of fatigue and have a peptide and vitamin moisturising complex. This is available in many shades.

I have this in the shade 010 Ivory and it is 7ml. I quite like this product, but it hasn’t really been working for me lately, plus I am still in love with my other Rimmel concealer. The applicator is really easy to use and the product’s texture is light and creamy, but it feels dryer than the texture of the foundation. It is not bad coverage, but it hasn’t been working for under my eyes lately, because I have not been getting enough sleep, which means the blue/purple tones under my eyes are getting brighter and too bright to completely cover, however that is really my fault. It does cover up redness of spots and redness on my nose quite well, but you can still see where the spots are, but I’m not really bothered, as long as I don’t look like a beetroot! It also looks a bit dry under my eyes and doesn’t feel moisturising. It also settles in small creases very easily, and it does last by covering up discolouration, but that doesn’t matter when it makes the creases under your eyes more prominent! However it does brighten a little and combined with the foundation, you don’t have to worry about signs of fatigue!

Overall it is not a bad concealer, but when I have run out of the foundation, I am going to start using a BB cream. And I have tried this concealer with the BB cream I will be using and they do not match, as the concealer looks orange under my eyes. I also still really love my other Rimmel concealer and I feel it works better for me.

Rate: 3/5           Re-Purchase: No                Recommend: Yes
Product Link: click here!
RRP Price: £5.49
Where I Got It & How Much For: Boots (UK) for £5.99
You Can Buy It At:- Boots (UK), Superdrug (UK)

I hope you found these reviews helpful. I have the Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder and Match Perfection Concealer reviews coming soon, so keep your eyes peeled for those.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Katie Price 'Stunning' Perfume VS JoJo Siwa 'Be You' Perfume - Are they the same?

I was browsing on AllBeauty.com and looking at celebrity fragrances and I saw that one was listed for JoJo Siwa. I had heard of JoJo before, but I don’t really know anything about her. I clicked on it out of interest and when I first saw the image of the perfume, I thought maybe the wrong photograph had been uploaded until I clicked on it and saw the description of the perfume. When I first saw the photograph, before I clicked on it to read the description, I instantly thought, that’s Stunning by Katie Price! I looked into it a bit more and compared it to Stunning. The JoJo Siwa “version” is called Be You. Photo Source: Perfume.com Stunning by Katie Price ·          Released in 2007 (12 years ago). ·          Contains the notes; Mandarin Orange, Jasmine & Patchouli. ·          Classed as a floral scent. ·       ...

Charlotte Tilbury Charlotte Darling Easy Eye Palette

I have another Charlotte Tilbury palette post for you today; I have been on a roll with them! You can definitely tell I am a fan of her eyeshadow formula. There are loads of other CT products I would love to try, but I am slowing down the purchases for now as I do have a confession to make at the end of this post! THE PACKAGING The packaging is made of shiny maroon plastic and it has a short, thin and rectangular shape. It has a metallic gold starburst design across the front. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift up to reveal the rectangular eyeshadow pans arranged in threes across a mirrored gold base. The group names are printed on the back of the palette. The shades don’t really have names, but there is a removable plastic insert included which labels the eyeshadows as 1 Prime, 2 Enhance or 3 Smoke. There is also a mirror on the underside of the lid. THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA You get six 0.9g eyeshadows in Matte (M) and Metallic (ME) finishes.   ·    ...

Benefit Cheek Stars Reunion Tour Palette

I’ve wanted to try the highlighter Cookie from Benefit for ages, but always decided against purchasing a single of it as I always declutter the single boxed powders by Benefit, so I didn’t want to waste money again. Also, I have far too many single highlighters (OFRA ♥) as it is! I kept seeing Beauty Influencers on YouTube use this palette, so I decided to purchase it for myself. You get five full sized powders inside a cute compact palette. You also get a free face brush which also fits inside the palette and a Tips & Tricks Card. You can purchase it for £53.50 ($60.00) from BenefitCosmetics.com. There is also a mini version available of this palette (Cheek Stars Mini Reunion Tour Palette), which includes; Georgia, Sugarbomb and Hoola for £26.00 ($30.00). All five powders are also available in singles and mini/travel singles. Swatch Stencil: Stripes 7 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk Dallas - rosy bronze blush (9g) Sugarbomb - rosy pink blush (7g) Cookie - golden...