Skip to main content

Birchbox #5 - February 2016

I saw the sneak peek for this month’s box so I decided to re-subscribe again. What caught my eye the most was the Spectrum brush that is included. This month’s box design is also very nice and has the quote “Shine bright like a diamond” in the middle of the design. There was three colour themes for this month’s box; purple, blue and pink. I received the pink version. Here is what goodies I received this month:
Spectrum Collections Tapered Powder Brush
| Full Size - £7.99 |
I’ve seen these brushes before and they all look cool. The bristles are so soft too! It’s nice to get a different type of brush, instead of the usual eyeshadow brush that most beauty boxes tend to include. It is a great brush and I would probably just use it for applying blush because I prefer my powder brushes to be a bit larger.

LOC One and Done Shadow Stick in Champagne Problems
| 1.35g - £8.00 |
Every box this month includes this product, but you got to choose the shade. There were two choices; champagne or gold. I chose the champagne colour and it does swatch quite nice. I just wish that these types of eye pencils would twist up instead of requiring sharpening because it is less messy.

Herbalosophy Balance Shampoo
| 40ml - £16.00 |
It smells quite nice, but as it is a hair product it doesn’t interest me.

Korres Milk Proteins 3-in-1 Cleansing Emulsion
| 16ml - £15.00 |
I’m always up for trying new face cleansers and this one seems very beneficial with it containing milk proteins.

Aromatherapy Associates Revive Body Gel
| 40ml - £33.00 |
This product smells nice too. I’m not into body moisturising, mostly because I’m too lazy, so I probably won’t use this much. I have tried it on my hands and it was ok.

Egyptian Magic All Purpose Skin Cream
| 3ml (Sample Sachet) - £29.00 |
This is the BEAUTY BONUS product of the box. I’m not really interested in using this sample, but from reading the instructions it is a cream, but when you rub it into your hands it should turn to oil, which can then be applied to your face. I think that is what the ‘magic’ claim is.
It was a good box this month, but it just confirms the reasons I unsubscribed in the first place. I will be unsubscribing again, but I can’t promise that I won’t subscribe again in the future, especially if the sneak peeks look too good to miss.

What are your thoughts on this box?

♥ ♥ ♥

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Katie Price 'Stunning' Perfume VS JoJo Siwa 'Be You' Perfume - Are they the same?

I was browsing on AllBeauty.com and looking at celebrity fragrances and I saw that one was listed for JoJo Siwa. I had heard of JoJo before, but I don’t really know anything about her. I clicked on it out of interest and when I first saw the image of the perfume, I thought maybe the wrong photograph had been uploaded until I clicked on it and saw the description of the perfume. When I first saw the photograph, before I clicked on it to read the description, I instantly thought, that’s Stunning by Katie Price! I looked into it a bit more and compared it to Stunning. The JoJo Siwa “version” is called Be You. Photo Source: Perfume.com Stunning by Katie Price ·          Released in 2007 (12 years ago). ·          Contains the notes; Mandarin Orange, Jasmine & Patchouli. ·          Classed as a floral scent. ·       ...

Benefit Cheek Stars Reunion Tour Palette

I’ve wanted to try the highlighter Cookie from Benefit for ages, but always decided against purchasing a single of it as I always declutter the single boxed powders by Benefit, so I didn’t want to waste money again. Also, I have far too many single highlighters (OFRA ♥) as it is! I kept seeing Beauty Influencers on YouTube use this palette, so I decided to purchase it for myself. You get five full sized powders inside a cute compact palette. You also get a free face brush which also fits inside the palette and a Tips & Tricks Card. You can purchase it for £53.50 ($60.00) from BenefitCosmetics.com. There is also a mini version available of this palette (Cheek Stars Mini Reunion Tour Palette), which includes; Georgia, Sugarbomb and Hoola for £26.00 ($30.00). All five powders are also available in singles and mini/travel singles. Swatch Stencil: Stripes 7 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk Dallas - rosy bronze blush (9g) Sugarbomb - rosy pink blush (7g) Cookie - golden...

Charlotte Tilbury Charlotte Darling Easy Eye Palette

I have another Charlotte Tilbury palette post for you today; I have been on a roll with them! You can definitely tell I am a fan of her eyeshadow formula. There are loads of other CT products I would love to try, but I am slowing down the purchases for now as I do have a confession to make at the end of this post! THE PACKAGING The packaging is made of shiny maroon plastic and it has a short, thin and rectangular shape. It has a metallic gold starburst design across the front. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift up to reveal the rectangular eyeshadow pans arranged in threes across a mirrored gold base. The group names are printed on the back of the palette. The shades don’t really have names, but there is a removable plastic insert included which labels the eyeshadows as 1 Prime, 2 Enhance or 3 Smoke. There is also a mirror on the underside of the lid. THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA You get six 0.9g eyeshadows in Matte (M) and Metallic (ME) finishes.   ·    ...