Skip to main content

Tarte Tartelette Tease Palette

I saw this advertised last year and I have been interested in the full sized Tartelette palettes before, but couldn’t really justify buying one (plus I couldn’t find anywhere in the UK that sold them). I thought getting this little ‘tease’ would introduce me to the brand, plus the shades look very appealing.
This palette is described as being the “pocket-perfect version” of the original Tartelette palette.

I thought it would be slightly bigger, but it is actually pocket sized. It is a similar size to the Urban Decay Naked Basics Palettes, but it is shorter in length and slightly wider. It’s overall layout is landscape with a length of 9.7cm and width of 5.8cm. It is made of cardboard and has a pink, purple and gold theme. The lid of the palette is magnetised and you lift it up to reveal the eyeshadows. It also has a small mirror on the reverse side of the lid and the eyeshadow pans are laid out in two rows of three shades. The pans are rectangular in shape and the shades names are printed in purple underneath.
You get six limited edition eyeshadow shades in this palette and all are 0.85g. They are also of the Amazonian clay formula that Tarte is renowned for with regards to their eyeshadows.
WHISPER - light pink
CRUSH - taupe shimmer
HEARTBREAKER - brown
WINK - light mauve
FIRST KISS - mauve shimmer
BFF - plum
I am quite impressed with this little palette. The eyeshadows are really great quality and immensely pigmented. They are easy to apply and blend, although I always still recommend using eye primer no matter the quality of the eyeshadow. The only issue I had was that there was a hair baked into the BFF shade and when I pulled it out, it made a slight dent in the shade, but it is not really a problem because the eyeshadow can still be used. I don’t think I will be purchasing a full size Tartelette palette, because I’ve already got the core six shades you would want from a palette like that and the shades in the full sized palettes are probably just variations of the same colours. It is definitely worth purchasing and I would be interested in more palettes with this eyeshadow formula. I am now looking to try one of the Amazonian clay blushes.

Price - £21.00   Rating - 5/5
Recommend - Yes       Re-Purchase - Yes
Available at - RosesBeautyStore.com, Sephora

What do you think of this little Tease?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too Faced Pumpkin Spice Palette

I first saw a preview of this palette in early August on the Trendmood Instagram page. I just knew I had to have it. I also own and love the Gingerbread Spice and Gingerbread Extra Spicy Palettes by Too Faced. These are the only types of holiday palettes that actually interest me from Too Faced. All of their other holiday palettes tend to be gimmicky (but pretty looking) and not good quality. THE PACKAGING The packaging is a rounded rectangular shaped tin in a beautiful pumpkin orange colour. The design on the front kind of looks like spread on a cracker. The name of the palette is printed in two different raised fonts. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift up to reveal the inside of the palette. The little rectangular eyeshadow pans are arranged across a metallic gold base, with the shade names printed in a small black font above each pan. There is also a mirror on the underside of the lid of the palette. THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA You get eighteen 0.70g eyeshadows in Matte (M),...

Serial Sampler #17

I chose this sample as my free gift with purchase and I hadn’t heard of the brand before. It happens to be part of a series of four fragrances and they are all unisex/genderless. The designs of the full sized bottles are very interesting and artsy. Looking at the four, had I been able to pick which one to receive, I most likely would have chosen the one called 10am Flirt as it seems the fruitiest based of the four. The sample I have is Santal Sky by KIERIN NYC and it is a 1.5ml spritzer sample of the eau de parfum. “Intertwined like vines, we stroll through Central Park. Leaves release their woody fragrance. Under a canopy of trees, in the center of it all, we are a million miles from city life. Music from impromptu drum circles, the rhythm of runners’ footsteps, diverse languages fill my ears like poetry. This retreat into nature refreshes my soul. The sun smiling down upon us, I pull my loved one close. In synchronicity we breathe.” It contains a mixture notes, such ...

Swatches: Barry M Dazzle Dust

Khaki (14) - a dark shimmery forest green Yellow (76) - a bright shimmery yellow Teal (94) - a bright shimmery aqua Incredibly pigmented, very shimmery & lots of fallout These product shades are no longer available! *£4.59 - BarryM.com