Skip to main content

Jeffree Star Cosmetics

I am reviewing some Jeffree Star Cosmetics products I recently picked up from BeautyBay.com. For those that don’t know, Jeffree Star is a Beauty YouTuber who has his own make-up brand. I have only recently become a fan and I can’t quite remember how! I like his make-up videos because they are honest and when he does tutorials it is like he is actually teaching you. I dislike the voiceover/quick cut edited tutorials most YouTubers create. He mostly uses really expensive high end products, but he is up front about it and it isn’t because he is snobby. I think he mentioned that he had some bad experiences with drugstore products when he first started out with make-up, so the higher end brands tended to be more quality made. As we all know, the quality of make-up has dramatically changed over the years, so he is gradually trying out more drugstore brands on his channel.

I have previously tried a Skin Frost™ in Peach Goddess. It was a good product, but it was wasted on me as I’m just not into highlighter, especially something that blinding! I prefer a more demure cream based highlighter if I actually decide to wear one. I gave it to my sister, who appreciates it a whole lot more than I did.

I decided to pick up Jeffree’s new palette (his version of a neutral palette) and one of his lipsticks. I liked the look of the first palette Beauty Killer™, but I knew I wouldn’t get a lot of use out of it as I am a neutral girl, but some of the shades are really appealing. I also tried to get a shade of lipstick that looked toned down, but still a pretty colour.
ANDROGYNY PALETTE
The packaging has a rectangular shape and is made of a hot pink leatherette material with a mock croc/repitle kind of pattern. It has the brand name and palette name printed in gold on the front and it has a gold border around the edges of the palette. On the back of the palette there is social media links printed in black. It has a magnetic open/close and once opened it reveals a mirror and the eyeshadows. The mirror has a card old fashioned rustic gold mirror design around it.
You get ten 2.5g eyeshadows in two different finishes; super matte and metallic. They also have the Jeffree Star logo pressed into the powder in the pans.
FROSTING - pale metallic gold
SAFE WORD - matte cool toned light brown
CHARM - warm matte burnt orange
DÉ JȦ VU - frosted antique brown with glitter
DOMINATRIX - warm matte chocolate brown
ANDROGYNY - matte plum/mauve purple hybrid
FETISH - deep metallic rusty red
MILITARY - matte military style green
POISON - matte teal green
SWALLOW - matte dark petrol blue

The eyeshadows should be extremely pigmented and the whole palette is vegan and cruelty free.
I really love this palette. I wasn’t sure I would get much use out of it, but the looks you can create are endless. The eyeshadows are all exceptionally pigmented and buttery. You do get a little fall out when you coat your make-up brush in the powders, but I get this with every powder eyeshadow I have ever tried, you simply tap the excess off. I still recommend a primer, no matter how pigmented an eyeshadow is. They all blend really well and I like the mixture of formulas. Another bonus is that the eyeshadow pans are slightly bigger than your average full sized eyeshadow, which means your favourite shade will last longer. I lover the packaging and my favourite shades are Frosting, Déjà Vu and Fetish. Overall I definitely recommend this palette.

Price - £40.00   Rating - 5/5
Recommend - Yes       Re-Purchase - Yes
Available at - JeffreeStarCosmetics.com, BeautyBay.com
LIP AMMUNITION™
The packaging is made of hot pink lightweight plastic and looks like a bullet. There is a mirrored rose gold tip on the cap. It also has gold printed detailing on it. You lift the cap off and then twist the base to reveal the lipstick.
I chose the shade Celebrity Skin, which is a soft neutral brown in a satin finish. There is also a Velour Liquid Lipstick available in the same shade. I love so many of the other shades, but realistically I wouldn’t wear them as I would be too scared too and I don’t think I could pull them off. I feel like you have to have the confidence in yourself, and well, I just don’t.
This lipstick should give you full coverage after one swipe, be extremely pigmented and smell of creamsicle ice-cream. This lipstick is also vegan and cruelty free.
It is a nice product and a nice shade, although I'm not sure it really suits me. The formula is very rich in pigment and it is smooth. It does have a scent which I can’t really describe and it isn’t really a scent that appeals to me. You do get full coverage after one swipe and there are a lot of colour options to choose from. I would recommend this lipstick.

Price - £16.00   Rating - 5/5
Recommend - Yes       Re-Purchase - Yes
Available at - JeffreeStarCosmetics.com, BeautyBay.com

Overall I have really enjoyed my experiences with this brand so far and I am looking forward to Jeffree’s new summer chrome collection which should be released very soon. Judging by some of the sneak peek pictures I have seen, the packaging looks rose gold and I can’t wait what he has created this time.

♥ ♥ ♥

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perfume Power! - Avon 'Femme'

I recently started looking at the Avon catalogues again and I saw this perfume had a test circle. Whenever I see the test circles, I just have to rub them! I tested this perfume and I instantly wanted it, plus it was on offer with the matching body spray and lotion. The bottle is clear glass and is inspired by diamonds. The cap is clear plastic and is a squared diamond shape. It has a regular perfume spritzer, which is silver to blend in with the clear cut look. The fragrance notes are:- Top Notes: Pink Grapefruit, Plum & Violet Middle Notes: Jasmine, Wild Orchid & Magnolia Base Notes: Amber, Peach, Wood & Musk I really like the bottle because it is beautifully simple and you can see how much liquid you have left. The cap is not very secure though because it just sits on top of the spritzer, which means it can easy fall off in your bag. The spritzer is very easy to use and it distributes the perfume evenly in a concentrated mist. The scent I would say...

Charlotte Tilbury Charlotte Darling Easy Eye Palette

I have another Charlotte Tilbury palette post for you today; I have been on a roll with them! You can definitely tell I am a fan of her eyeshadow formula. There are loads of other CT products I would love to try, but I am slowing down the purchases for now as I do have a confession to make at the end of this post! THE PACKAGING The packaging is made of shiny maroon plastic and it has a short, thin and rectangular shape. It has a metallic gold starburst design across the front. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift up to reveal the rectangular eyeshadow pans arranged in threes across a mirrored gold base. The group names are printed on the back of the palette. The shades don’t really have names, but there is a removable plastic insert included which labels the eyeshadows as 1 Prime, 2 Enhance or 3 Smoke. There is also a mirror on the underside of the lid. THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA You get six 0.9g eyeshadows in Matte (M) and Metallic (ME) finishes.   ·    ...

Swatches: Maybelline Colour Sensational Stripped Nudes Lipstick in Tantalizing Taupe

Tantalizing Taupe (725) - light, but deep nude beige Quite smooth, slight shine and pretty nude colour, but sadly it doesn’t really suit me. £6.99 - Maybelline.co.uk What do you think of this product? ♥ ♥ ♥