Skip to main content

Midas Cosmetics X Smokey Glow Palette

This palette is in collaboration with Smokey Glow (Hannah), who is a Beauty Influencer on YouTube. I believe it launched in February and it is exclusively available at MidasCosmetics.com. Midas Cosmetics is an indie brand based in the USA. If you live outside the USA, you can still purchase the palette from their website but there may be extra costs involved (custom fees etc). I only started watching Hannah on YouTube about 3 months ago and this palette colour story is right up my street!

I ordered the palette and got my confirmation e-mail on Friday 10th July, I received my dispatched e-mail on Tuesday 14th July and it said to allow for ten days for delivery. I got a tracking update a day later and it estimated that the palette would be delivered on Wednesday 29th July. My palette did indeed arrive on the estimation day and I was so happy it came! I didn’t need to pay any custom fees (it was posted straight through my cat flap), so bonus! Not everyone has to pay custom fees, but I wasn’t sure if I would have to or not as the package was small (1 item only) and it is sometimes based on the value of the contents inside the package. My order as a whole cost me $46.54/£38.38 (Palette, Shipping, Discount & Tip), which you could say is expensive for one palette from an Indie brand, but I have spent more on a smaller palette before and I wanted to support Hannah and I have only heard good things about Midas products!
The outer sleeve of the palette is a mauvy grey colour with the writing printed in rose gold font. When you slide off the sleeve it reveals the palette. The packaging of the palette is made out of cardboard but it is wrapped with a glittery pink plastic cover. The same rose gold font from the outer sleeve is on the palette. It has a magnetic closing which you lift to reveal the inside of the palette. The inside of the palette is the same mauvy grey colour from the outer sleeve and there is a mirror on one side with “Hi Friends!” printed underneath in a pink font. The eyeshadow pans are square and are equally spread out with the shade names written in a sans serif black font underneath each pan. You can purchase the palette for $36.00 (£28.50) from MidasCosmetics.com.

You get eighteen 1.98g eyeshadows in Matte (M), Satin Shimmer (SS), Foiled Shimmer (FS), Duo-Chrome (DC) and Extremely Sparkly Shimmer (ESS) finishes.
Swatch Stencil: Stripes Double 18 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk
Basic - pure white (M)
Friends - coral peachy pink (SS)
Jump Cut - coral (M)
Group Chat - light pink with silver undertones (ESS)
Rose - hot pink (M)
Leno - light purple with blue glitters (ESS)
Nutty - blue to pink (DC)
Colleague - bright flamingo pink (M)
Warrior - imperial red (M)
Vote - cocoa brown (M)
Instagram Model - copper gold (FS)
Amaziiing - deep maroon (M)
Hello! - taffy pink (SS)
Half Pony - dark cocoa brown (M)
*A Rant* - pure light gold (FS)
Cold Brew - cream nude (M)
Content - red violet purple (M)
Dofa - dark royal purple (DC)

There are not really any claims for this palette. I am expecting the eyeshadows to be very pigmented and blend nicely. The website says you should apply the shimmers wet for a more foiled effect and apply the mattes to a dry base (or wait for your primer to dry fully). It is also vegan and cruelty-free.

This palette is absolutely gorgeous and I am impressed with the quality of this palette! The packaging is nice and simple, but pretty and I love the colour story and I am really enjoying the Extremely Sparkly Shimmer and Duo-Chrome formulas specifically. The shades names are something really personal and each shade has a story and this fits perfectly with Hannah’s personality and it is a nice touch. The eyeshadows are very soft and smooth, vividly pigmented, long wearing and they blend like a dream! They are pigmented enough without eye primer, but I would always use primer and glitter glue. You can use the shimmer and metallic shades wet for more intensity and they are best applied with your finger or a stiff flat synthetic brush. You get a bit of kick back in the pans, which is always expected for powder eyeshadows. You will only get fallout from the shimmer and metallic shades if you do not use a tacky enough base/primer. My favourite shades are Leno and Nutty. I actually expected the shade Dofa to be a dud shade. A lot of the time a black or dark based eyeshadow with glitter or shimmer tends to turn out flat on the eye, but Dofa looks incredible. You get the dark base but you can actually see the beautiful purple glitters on the eye and it kind of gives you a 3D effect.  I am happy that I decided to purchase this palette and support Hannah. She did a really great job of picking the shades and the finishes. Here’s hoping for a round two collaboration!

| I purchased this palette for $28.80 (£22.81) from MidasCosmetics.com |

| Use Code: SMOKEYGLOW to get 20% off your order at MidasCosmetics.com |

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Katie Price 'Stunning' Perfume VS JoJo Siwa 'Be You' Perfume - Are they the same?

I was browsing on AllBeauty.com and looking at celebrity fragrances and I saw that one was listed for JoJo Siwa. I had heard of JoJo before, but I don’t really know anything about her. I clicked on it out of interest and when I first saw the image of the perfume, I thought maybe the wrong photograph had been uploaded until I clicked on it and saw the description of the perfume. When I first saw the photograph, before I clicked on it to read the description, I instantly thought, that’s Stunning by Katie Price! I looked into it a bit more and compared it to Stunning. The JoJo Siwa “version” is called Be You. Photo Source: Perfume.com Stunning by Katie Price ·          Released in 2007 (12 years ago). ·          Contains the notes; Mandarin Orange, Jasmine & Patchouli. ·          Classed as a floral scent. ·       ...

Perfume Power! - Britney Spears 'Maui Fantasy'

Today’s perfume power is quite a short one. I purchased this perfume not so long ago because it is a Britney scent and I just had to test it. The bottle is made of light azure blue frosted glass and has a spherical shape with a pink and white hibiscus flower pattern on the front. The textured band around the neck of the bottle is white and the cap is rounded and made of translucent red plastic. Lastly, it has the regular perfume spritzer to dispense the liquid. The fragrance notes are:- Top Notes: Strelitzia, Passionfruit & Pink Grapefruit Middle Notes: Hibiscus, Cyclamen, Tiare Flower & Orange Blossom Base Notes: Coconut, Vanilla, Musk, White Amber & White Wood The bottle is beautiful and the scent is quite light and delicate and actually quite nice considering I don’t like coconut. I can mostly smell the coconut, grapefruit and vanilla notes. It does last a while on the skin. Although it is pleasant, it is definitely not my typical scent and I proba...

KALEIDOS Futurism VII: Sashimi City Palette

This was the futurism palette that I was the most excited about trying. It’s the one that has the most cohesive colour story to me and I do love me some warm neutrals! I still have three more futurism palettes to test out and I can’t wait. THE PACKAGING The packaging is a long thin rectangle shape and the concept reminds me of a wardrobe. There is a purple, pink and coral city skyscraper theme all over the packaging. It has a magnetic closing and you open up the left side first and then the right side to reveal the circular eyeshadow pans and long thin mirror inside. The outside theme continues to the inside. The eyeshadow shade names come printed on a removable plastic sheet. THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA You get six 1.33g eyeshadows/pressed pigments in Matte (M), Duo-Chrome (DC) and Multi-Chrome (MC) finishes.   ·          Rich and Velvety Texture ·          Smooth as Silk Application ·   ...