Skip to main content

Glossybox #20 - January 2016

Say hello to the first Glossybox of the year! Let’s see what goodies I received this month:
UNANI Dermo Defense Face Mask
| 100ml - £11.36 |
I’m not really into face masks, but I do use them. I will be giving this ago and it smells quite nice too.

Teeez Cosmetics Oasis Gem Lipstick in Coral Onyx
| 2g - £11.93 |
The packaging for this product is quite funky and the shade looks really bright. It is a matte shade. It applies quite nice and slightly sheer, but the colour can be built up. It also has that old fashioned powder pearls smell (if you know what I mean), which is actually quite nice.

ANGÈLE Paris Nail Lacquer in Red
| 2ml - £6.32 |
This is a really nice red shade; it’s what I call a proper red shade because when you apply the first coat it doesn’t look like a streaky pink (like cheap red nail polishes). It recommends two coats, but I think you could get away with the one and it looks really elegant. You definitely need nicely conditioned nails for this shade, and my nails are in a little bit of a sorry state at the moment!

Madara Cellular Repair Serum
| 15ml - £38 |
Another serum for me to try. I’m not overly excited about this product because I don’t really see the point of serums, but I am only 22.

GLOSSYBOX Eyeshadow in Glossy Mauve
| 3g - £7.10 |
The pan for this product is huge! It’s like twice the size of a regular full size eyeshadow. It has nice pigmentation and applies quite nice too. I don’t tend to buy/keep single powder eyeshadows because I prefer palettes, so I don’t know if I will get too much use out of this product.
Overall this was a good box and a great start to the new Glossy year. I am looking forward to February’s box, mostly because it is free for me as I have cashed in some Glossydots. For next month’s box, everyone gets an MUA Power Pout Glaze and you get to pick the colour you want. You have to be subscribed to the e-mails to choose your shade because you will be sent an e-mail with the shade choices.

What are your thoughts on this box?

♥ ♥ ♥

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Katie Price 'Stunning' Perfume VS JoJo Siwa 'Be You' Perfume - Are they the same?

I was browsing on AllBeauty.com and looking at celebrity fragrances and I saw that one was listed for JoJo Siwa. I had heard of JoJo before, but I don’t really know anything about her. I clicked on it out of interest and when I first saw the image of the perfume, I thought maybe the wrong photograph had been uploaded until I clicked on it and saw the description of the perfume. When I first saw the photograph, before I clicked on it to read the description, I instantly thought, that’s Stunning by Katie Price! I looked into it a bit more and compared it to Stunning. The JoJo Siwa “version” is called Be You. Photo Source: Perfume.com Stunning by Katie Price ·          Released in 2007 (12 years ago). ·          Contains the notes; Mandarin Orange, Jasmine & Patchouli. ·          Classed as a floral scent. ·       ...

Charlotte Tilbury Charlotte Darling Easy Eye Palette

I have another Charlotte Tilbury palette post for you today; I have been on a roll with them! You can definitely tell I am a fan of her eyeshadow formula. There are loads of other CT products I would love to try, but I am slowing down the purchases for now as I do have a confession to make at the end of this post! THE PACKAGING The packaging is made of shiny maroon plastic and it has a short, thin and rectangular shape. It has a metallic gold starburst design across the front. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift up to reveal the rectangular eyeshadow pans arranged in threes across a mirrored gold base. The group names are printed on the back of the palette. The shades don’t really have names, but there is a removable plastic insert included which labels the eyeshadows as 1 Prime, 2 Enhance or 3 Smoke. There is also a mirror on the underside of the lid. THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA You get six 0.9g eyeshadows in Matte (M) and Metallic (ME) finishes.   ·    ...

Benefit Cheek Stars Reunion Tour Palette

I’ve wanted to try the highlighter Cookie from Benefit for ages, but always decided against purchasing a single of it as I always declutter the single boxed powders by Benefit, so I didn’t want to waste money again. Also, I have far too many single highlighters (OFRA ♥) as it is! I kept seeing Beauty Influencers on YouTube use this palette, so I decided to purchase it for myself. You get five full sized powders inside a cute compact palette. You also get a free face brush which also fits inside the palette and a Tips & Tricks Card. You can purchase it for £53.50 ($60.00) from BenefitCosmetics.com. There is also a mini version available of this palette (Cheek Stars Mini Reunion Tour Palette), which includes; Georgia, Sugarbomb and Hoola for £26.00 ($30.00). All five powders are also available in singles and mini/travel singles. Swatch Stencil: Stripes 7 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk Dallas - rosy bronze blush (9g) Sugarbomb - rosy pink blush (7g) Cookie - golden...