Skip to main content

Charlotte Tilbury Charlotte Darling Easy Eye Palette

I have another Charlotte Tilbury palette post for you today; I have been on a roll with them! You can definitely tell I am a fan of her eyeshadow formula. There are loads of other CT products I would love to try, but I am slowing down the purchases for now as I do have a confession to make at the end of this post!
THE PACKAGING
The packaging is made of shiny maroon plastic and it has a short, thin and rectangular shape. It has a metallic gold starburst design across the front. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift up to reveal the rectangular eyeshadow pans arranged in threes across a mirrored gold base. The group names are printed on the back of the palette. The shades don’t really have names, but there is a removable plastic insert included which labels the eyeshadows as 1 Prime, 2 Enhance or 3 Smoke. There is also a mirror on the underside of the lid.
THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA
You get six 0.9g eyeshadows in Matte (M) and Metallic (ME) finishes.
 
·         Luxurious
·         Velvety-Smooth
·         Super Blendable
·         Cruelty-Free
 
THE SHADES & SWATCHES
DAY EYE
1 Prime - bright light gold (ME)
2 Enhance - peachy warm coral (ME)
3 Smoke - medium dark coral (M)
DATE EYE
1 Prime - bright warm reddish copper (ME)
2 Enhance - muted warm orange brown (M)
3 Smoke - medium warm brown (M)
 
MY THOUGHTS
·         Primer/Base - The eyeshadows are pigmented enough without a primer or base, but I would always lay one down. I used Too Faced Shadow Insurance and Too Faced Glitter Glue.
·         Pigmentation - I have no complaints, they are smooth and buttery.
·         Application (wet/dry) - The eyeshadows can be applied wet or dry. I always use mattes dry, unless I am applying them to my lower lash line or using them as eyeliner. I sometimes apply metallics/shimmers wet, but it depends on the formula and whether they contain glitters. Wet application can max up the pigmentation and help prevent fallout.
·         Blending - Smooth, easy, effortless and seamless. Like a dream!
·         Kick-Back - Obviously, there is always going to be kick-back in your eyeshadow pans as you are disturbing powders. The kick-back was not a concern or issue for me in this particular palette.
·         Fallout - I didn’t notice any fallout, but it could be possible form the metallic shades.
 
The concept does remind me a little of the Urban Decay Naked Basics Palettes, they were also this small with a small selection of shades. I love the colour story, it is basic but beautiful and it is so me. I just love warm toned neutrals! The matte shades blend out so smooth and the metallic shades are so buttery and molten looking. It is exactly what I was after when I was looking at small neutral palettes for everyday sort of looks. I think the ratio of finishes is great. You can still get a variety of looks with this simple colour story. You can start out with a natural soft look and then deepen it and smoke it out for more drama. My favourite shades are Day Eye - 2 Enhance and Date Eye - 1 Prime. I only wish that the shade Day Eye - 1 Prime was slightly more golden. It comes across more beige on my eyes. Other than that, this palette is perfect. I definitely already have these shades in my collection, but it’s Charlotte Tilbury! If you are interested in CT palettes, I would say that the twelve pan ones are better value. This six pan palette is £45.00, but the twelve pan palettes usually sell for £60.00. I still recommend this little pocket size beauty.
 
I have something to confess. I went on Depop and found the Charlotte Tilbury Stars-In-Your-Eyes Palette and I bought it! I previously had this palette, but decluttered it last year and I did regret it. I have tried three more Charlotte Tilbury palettes since then and I just fell in love with the formula again. So I am expecting the arrival of that palette soon. It has been lightly used, but so was mine when I decluttered it. I can’t wait to dip into it again. I have also changed my mind about the Pillow Talk Instant Eye Palette. I did say I definitely wasn’t going to buy it, but now I really want it! I haven’t bought it as of yet, but you should probably expect to see a post on it in the near future. I haven’t tried any quads yet from CT, but I am a bit reluctant to try them as they are expensive for four shades. If she releases another twelve pan palette at some point this year, you better believe I will be buying it!
 
You can purchase the Charlotte Tilbury Charlotte Darling Easy Eye Palette for £45.00 from CharlotteTilbury.com.
 
| I purchased this palette for £38.25 from CultBeauty.co.uk |
 
| Swatch Stencil: Stripes 7 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk |

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perfume Power! - Avon 'Femme'

I recently started looking at the Avon catalogues again and I saw this perfume had a test circle. Whenever I see the test circles, I just have to rub them! I tested this perfume and I instantly wanted it, plus it was on offer with the matching body spray and lotion. The bottle is clear glass and is inspired by diamonds. The cap is clear plastic and is a squared diamond shape. It has a regular perfume spritzer, which is silver to blend in with the clear cut look. The fragrance notes are:- Top Notes: Pink Grapefruit, Plum & Violet Middle Notes: Jasmine, Wild Orchid & Magnolia Base Notes: Amber, Peach, Wood & Musk I really like the bottle because it is beautifully simple and you can see how much liquid you have left. The cap is not very secure though because it just sits on top of the spritzer, which means it can easy fall off in your bag. The spritzer is very easy to use and it distributes the perfume evenly in a concentrated mist. The scent I would say...

Swatches: Maybelline Colour Sensational Stripped Nudes Lipstick in Tantalizing Taupe

Tantalizing Taupe (725) - light, but deep nude beige Quite smooth, slight shine and pretty nude colour, but sadly it doesn’t really suit me. £6.99 - Maybelline.co.uk What do you think of this product? ♥ ♥ ♥