Skip to main content

LOOKFANTASTIC BEAUTY BOX #8 - December 2020

This is my last LF Beauty Box as I have now cancelled my subscription. If you read last month’s box unboxing post, you will know why. Last month’s box was the Firecracker Edition and this month we have the Christmas Edition with a black and gold themed box. The six items inside the box should be worth over £135.00 altogether!
 
The box quote this month is: “Merry Christmas with love from the Beauty Box Team”.
 
Here is what I received this month:-
 
PERCY & REED Reassuringly Firm Session Hold Hairspray
| 50ml - £6.00 |
This hairspray should be ultra-fine, humidity resistant and it should provide a flexible but firm hold. I was looking at trying a new hairspray anyway. I currently use a TRESemmé one and it makes my hair feel a little crispy if I use too much. I am hoping this one is different as it says it is ultra-fine. I only tend to use hairspray when I curl or wave/crimp my hair.
| Full Size: 250ml - £12.50 |
 
Jecca Blac Glow Drops in Champagne
| 20ml - £16.00 |
This face primer is supposed to prepare and brighten your complexion with a natural healthy glow, ready for you to apply your foundation. You can also use it alone or as a subtle highlighter. This isn’t really a product I would use. I don’t often use face primer and I prefer powder highlighters. It does seem like a nice product, there is a chance I would use it alone without make-up to give my skin a little pick me up.
| Full Size: 20ml - £16.00 |
 
Avant Pro-Radiance Brightening Eye Final Touch
| 10ml - £98.00 |
This eye cream is infused with hyaluronic acid and sea water to fight signs of ageing, deliver long-lasting moisture and combat the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, dark circles, and eye bags for a youthful glow. You can use it in the morning and evening. I really can’t believe how much this eye cream is worth! I will be giving it a go when I have finished up my current eye cream, but I know I will not re-purchase it as the price is crazy for an eye cream.
| Full Size: 10ml - £98.00 |
 
Medik8 HYDR8 B5 Liquid Rehydration Serum
| 10ml - Can’t find price! |
This serum contains hyaluronic acid and panthenol (vitamin B5). It is supposed to give you long-lasting hydration for a plumper and smoother complexion. I do like trying different serums, so this will be the next one for me to try before I use the Clarins Double Serum I purchased.
| Full Size: 30ml - £40.00 |
 
theBalm Petal to the Metal Va Va Vroom (Shift Into Overdrive) Cream Eyeshadow in Turbo
| 1.2g - Can’t find price! |
This cream eyeshadow is supposed to be creamy, buildable and easy to blend. The shade is a rose gold with silver flecks. This is a random edition. You can’t buy these eyeshadows in singles, they are only available in palettes and those palettes are no longer available. It kind of seems like this was included as they had a stock of samples they wanted rid of!
| Full Size: Can’t find information! |
 
Brushworks Double-Ended Eye Brush
| £3.99 |
This double-ended brush has a shader brush on one end and an angled eyeliner brush on the other end. The bristles are synthetic and are kind of stiff, which is what I like in precision use brushes.
| Full Size - £3.99 |
This box did arrive a little later than usual this month. I love the box design and there is a good range of products. They are a few items I won’t use, but I am happy with the ones I can try out. I am glad that I still went ahead with my subscription cancellation though. I also still have ten days of my LF calendar unboxing, so there will be more products for me to try. I’m not sure how much my box is worth this month as the edit leaflet didn’t include any of the prices again, which is what happened last month too! Even with some of the prices missing, if you add up the worth of products I actually found prices for; it does already go over the £150.00 mark which isn’t bad at all.
 
The Sneak Peak for January’s Box is that you should receive a 40ml tube of the SVR Hydraline Rich Intense Moisturising Cream (worth £15.00).
 
| I purchased my subscription box for £15.00 from LookFantastic.com |

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Katie Price 'Stunning' Perfume VS JoJo Siwa 'Be You' Perfume - Are they the same?

I was browsing on AllBeauty.com and looking at celebrity fragrances and I saw that one was listed for JoJo Siwa. I had heard of JoJo before, but I don’t really know anything about her. I clicked on it out of interest and when I first saw the image of the perfume, I thought maybe the wrong photograph had been uploaded until I clicked on it and saw the description of the perfume. When I first saw the photograph, before I clicked on it to read the description, I instantly thought, that’s Stunning by Katie Price! I looked into it a bit more and compared it to Stunning. The JoJo Siwa “version” is called Be You. Photo Source: Perfume.com Stunning by Katie Price ·          Released in 2007 (12 years ago). ·          Contains the notes; Mandarin Orange, Jasmine & Patchouli. ·          Classed as a floral scent. ·       ...

Charlotte Tilbury Charlotte Darling Easy Eye Palette

I have another Charlotte Tilbury palette post for you today; I have been on a roll with them! You can definitely tell I am a fan of her eyeshadow formula. There are loads of other CT products I would love to try, but I am slowing down the purchases for now as I do have a confession to make at the end of this post! THE PACKAGING The packaging is made of shiny maroon plastic and it has a short, thin and rectangular shape. It has a metallic gold starburst design across the front. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift up to reveal the rectangular eyeshadow pans arranged in threes across a mirrored gold base. The group names are printed on the back of the palette. The shades don’t really have names, but there is a removable plastic insert included which labels the eyeshadows as 1 Prime, 2 Enhance or 3 Smoke. There is also a mirror on the underside of the lid. THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA You get six 0.9g eyeshadows in Matte (M) and Metallic (ME) finishes.   ·    ...

My Current Top 5 Beauty Influencers

The sort of purpose of the ‘Becca’s Babble’s’ posts are a way to get to know me a little, with me rambling on about topics that are not necessarily beauty or lifestyle related. I thought I would share my current top five favourite YouTube channels with you today and they all happen to be Beauty Influencers. I’m not actually sure how long I have been subscribed to any of the channels and I don’t know of a way to find out. In no particular order: Photo: © Property of Porcelain/Bridgette Porcelain Name: Bridgette   Age: 25   Based: United States of America (USA) Bridgette is the most consistent uploader and uploads the most per week out of all the Influencers I am subscribed to on YouTube. She does a lot of varied content and I really enjoy her videos (declutters, reviews). I feel like she is the only one whose videos I watch all of regardless of the content. Sometimes I skip others videos if they are not about something that interests me, but I feel like I have...