Skip to main content

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters

These were first launched in the USA and I remember waiting for a while for them to arrive in the UK. When they finally arrived I knew I had to try them out. I waited until they were on offer at £5.99 and I wanted to pick shades I knew I would wear and because they are not lipsticks I thought I would be safe to pick up a brighter colour I wouldn’t usually choose.
The packaging is made of plastic and has a sort of quilted design on two sides of four and the colour of the packaging corresponds to the shade it is housing. The base is black plastic, which has the shade sticker. The cylindrical tube the product is dispensed from is made of reflective silver plastic. To dispense the product, you pull the packaging off and twist the base. The butter is slanted in shape and has a flat base. It is a gel formula with mango, shea and cocoa butter. You get 2.5g of product in each tube. There are many shades ranging from light to dark, but I currently only have two.
The two shades I have are Peach Parfait (025), which is a light nude pink with a golden sheen and Sweet Tart (090), which is a bright slightly coral hot pink.
This product is supposed to be buttery in texture so that it glides onto your lips. It should be moisturising and hydrating, as well as making your lips feel soft and giving them a beautiful sheer to medium colour and a healthy shine.

First of all, the packaging is lovely and very practical and you can easily see the different shades. It glides onto your lips like butter, but it doesn’t give full coverage, so you may be able to see your natural lip colour through the shade you put on. The colour payoff is sheer to medium for the beautiful shades and your lips are finished off with a healthy shine. It does feel like a lip balm when you have applied it to your lips and it makes them feel soft. It only makes your lips feel moisturised and hydrated when you are actually wearing it. When the product has worn away the effects wear away with it. The major plus point is that they are very easy to build and the brighter the colour, the more vibrant it will look on your lips after being layered. The lip butters last around three hours on the lips without food and drink. The brighter colours tend to last a little longer.

Overall this is a great product and it perfect for people who would like to wear bolder colours on their lips, but find that lipsticks can be too harsh. The only downside I find is that since it is a lip butter, you would expect your lips to still feel a bit nourished even when the colour has worn away, but they don’t, having said that I have already got my eye on another shade called Berry Smoothie.

Price - £7.99     Rating - 4/5
Recommend - Yes        Re-Purchase - Yes
Available at - Superdrug, Boots, Target

Bye

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Charlotte Tilbury Bejewelled Eyes To Hypnotise Instant Eye Palette

I originally wanted to purchase this palette last year as I already had the Charlotte Tilbury Stars-In-Your-Eyes Palette, which is the same concept as this one but had a more neutral and bright sultry colour story. I actually ended up decluttering that palette, so I decided not to purchase this one just in case I ended up doing the same thing. A few days ago I was watching one of Angelika Oles videos on YouTube and she mentioned this palette and did a tutorial using it. I instantly changed my mind and set about purchasing the palette. It is limited edition and I believe it was released back in September 2020 so it was hard to find, I also didn’t really want to pay full price for it. I did a search on Depop and came across a reputable seller who was selling one brand new in packaging, so I snapped it up and here it is! THE PACKAGING The packaging is made of glittery silver plastic and it has a long, thin and rectangular shape. It has a silver starburst design across the front. I believe...

Charlotte Tilbury Charlotte Darling Easy Eye Palette

I have another Charlotte Tilbury palette post for you today; I have been on a roll with them! You can definitely tell I am a fan of her eyeshadow formula. There are loads of other CT products I would love to try, but I am slowing down the purchases for now as I do have a confession to make at the end of this post! THE PACKAGING The packaging is made of shiny maroon plastic and it has a short, thin and rectangular shape. It has a metallic gold starburst design across the front. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift up to reveal the rectangular eyeshadow pans arranged in threes across a mirrored gold base. The group names are printed on the back of the palette. The shades don’t really have names, but there is a removable plastic insert included which labels the eyeshadows as 1 Prime, 2 Enhance or 3 Smoke. There is also a mirror on the underside of the lid. THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA You get six 0.9g eyeshadows in Matte (M) and Metallic (ME) finishes.   ·    ...

Glossybox #21 - February 2016

I always look forward to the themed Glossyboxes and this box just looks lovely. I love the colours and the little love design on the lid (better than last February’s box!). Inside the tissue paper is the same hot pink colour as the base of the box and the tissue confetti is white. Here is what I got in my Valentine’s Day themed Glossybox for February:- Nicka K New York 24H Waterproof Eyeliner in Dark Brown | 0.3g - £3.99 | This is a nice product. I like the colour and it could also be used for your brows because it is so soft and the tip is quite fine. It definitely doesn’t stay on for twenty-four hours. It is slightly water resistant, but not waterproof. It doesn’t compare to the Urban Decay ones. MUA Power Pout Glaze Low Voltage Gloss in Rapture | 3.2ml - £3.50 | This looks like a chubby lipstick at first and when you take the cap off, it reveal the wide, flat lip brush applicator. They could have definitely got away with a slightly smaller applicator. You ...