Skip to main content

Glossybox #11 - August 2014

This month’s Glossybox has arrived! I received it this morning and it is the three year anniversary box.
The box design is slightly different and more like it used to be, but still in the newer brighter pink colour. It also has different tissue paper and a 3 sticker, instead of the regular Glossybox logo.
So let’s see what I got:-
Kryolan Cream Highlighter in Cashmere
| £12.95 | Uk.Kryolan.com |
This brand is not new to me and I kind of find this product odd. I am interested in trying it, but I am tempted to try and make it work as a cream eyeshadow instead of highlighter!

Figs & ROUGE Hand Cream in Mango Mandarin
| £6.95 | FigsAndRouge.com |
I’ve had a lip balm from this brand before, which I received in a Glossybox. It smells lovely and I will try it, but I am not big on hand creams!

YVES ROCHER Nail Polish in 14.Rose
| £3.60 | Yves-Rocher.co.uk |
This product is the Birthday bonus! You get a mini size of this and it is a really pretty light pink shade. I tried it on one nail and the formula seems decent, but you would need around two coats for an opaque colour.

PHILIP KINGSLEY Elasticizer
I’ve said previously that I am not into hair care; therefore I will not be trying this product, even though it is a cult favourite. I think my Sister would appreciate this product more!

LALIQUE L’Amour Eau De Parfum
| £67 | Lalique.com |
This happens to be a rather expensive perfume! It smells quite nice and it is not too floral and will appeal to any woman. It is a mini sample vial with a dotter dispenser. I have looked for this perfume on other sites and I have found it cheaper at 50% off! If I really fall for the scent in sample size, I may consider purchasing it in the 50ml bottle!

Essence I ♥ EXTREME Crazy Volume Mascara
| £2.79 | Essence.eu/uk/ |
My first Essence product! I’ve seen this brand around for a while now and I have been interested, but it is not widely available in the UK. I am excited to try this product, even more so with it being mascara! It does look promising and the brush is exactly how I like them.

This is a very good box! Some of the products I’m not really interested in, but there is an amazing range and you get six products to sample. I was going to unsubscribe for a bit, but I really want to see what September brings. This is definitely one of my favourite Glossyboxes overall!

PLEASE NOTE: I PURCHASED THIS BOX WITH GLOSSYDOTS!

What are your thoughts on this box?

♥ ♥ ♥

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Katie Price 'Stunning' Perfume VS JoJo Siwa 'Be You' Perfume - Are they the same?

I was browsing on AllBeauty.com and looking at celebrity fragrances and I saw that one was listed for JoJo Siwa. I had heard of JoJo before, but I don’t really know anything about her. I clicked on it out of interest and when I first saw the image of the perfume, I thought maybe the wrong photograph had been uploaded until I clicked on it and saw the description of the perfume. When I first saw the photograph, before I clicked on it to read the description, I instantly thought, that’s Stunning by Katie Price! I looked into it a bit more and compared it to Stunning. The JoJo Siwa “version” is called Be You. Photo Source: Perfume.com Stunning by Katie Price ·          Released in 2007 (12 years ago). ·          Contains the notes; Mandarin Orange, Jasmine & Patchouli. ·          Classed as a floral scent. ·       ...

Charlotte Tilbury Charlotte Darling Easy Eye Palette

I have another Charlotte Tilbury palette post for you today; I have been on a roll with them! You can definitely tell I am a fan of her eyeshadow formula. There are loads of other CT products I would love to try, but I am slowing down the purchases for now as I do have a confession to make at the end of this post! THE PACKAGING The packaging is made of shiny maroon plastic and it has a short, thin and rectangular shape. It has a metallic gold starburst design across the front. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift up to reveal the rectangular eyeshadow pans arranged in threes across a mirrored gold base. The group names are printed on the back of the palette. The shades don’t really have names, but there is a removable plastic insert included which labels the eyeshadows as 1 Prime, 2 Enhance or 3 Smoke. There is also a mirror on the underside of the lid. THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA You get six 0.9g eyeshadows in Matte (M) and Metallic (ME) finishes.   ·    ...

My Current Top 5 Beauty Influencers

The sort of purpose of the ‘Becca’s Babble’s’ posts are a way to get to know me a little, with me rambling on about topics that are not necessarily beauty or lifestyle related. I thought I would share my current top five favourite YouTube channels with you today and they all happen to be Beauty Influencers. I’m not actually sure how long I have been subscribed to any of the channels and I don’t know of a way to find out. In no particular order: Photo: © Property of Porcelain/Bridgette Porcelain Name: Bridgette   Age: 25   Based: United States of America (USA) Bridgette is the most consistent uploader and uploads the most per week out of all the Influencers I am subscribed to on YouTube. She does a lot of varied content and I really enjoy her videos (declutters, reviews). I feel like she is the only one whose videos I watch all of regardless of the content. Sometimes I skip others videos if they are not about something that interests me, but I feel like I have...