Skip to main content

HUDA BEAUTY Purple Haze Obsessions Palette

I’ve previously only tried one HUDA BEAUTY mini palette before, but this one really caught my eye. I almost bought the Khaki version too. I eventually decided on only picking up the purple one as I wasn’t massively impressed with the Topaz Obsessions Palette I previously tried.
 
THE PACKAGING
The packaging is made of translucent purple plastic and it is square shaped. It just has the palette branding across the front in place of a design and it has a clip closing, which you lift up to reveal the square eyeshadow pans arranged in threes across an opaque matte purple base. The eyeshadows do not have names. There is also a little mirror on the underside of the lid.
THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA
You get nine 0.64g eyeshadows in Matte (M), Metallic (ME) and Shimmery Topper (ST) finishes.
 
·         Smokey Shades
·         Buttery Mattes
·         Intense Metallics
·         Soft Shimmery Toppers
·         Cruelty-Free
 
THE SHADES & SWATCHES
Shade 1 - coppery red (ME)
Shade 2 - berry pink (ME)
Shade 3 - dark purple (M)
Shade 4 - pink bronze (ME)
Shade 5 - light pink (M)
Shade 6 - violet purple (ST)
Shade 7 - masala brown (M)
Shade 8 - dusty mauve (M)
Shade 9 - lavender (ST)
 
MY THOUGHTS
·         Primer/Base - The eyeshadows are pigmented enough without a primer or base, but I would always lay one down. I used Too Faced Shadow Insurance and Too Faced Glitter Glue.
·         Pigmentation - The pigmentation is decent. A couple of shades are a bit hard pressed so it is a little hard to pick them up. Two of the matte shades are also a bit light for my skin tone. One of them can be built up a little so that it shows up.
·         Application (wet/dry) - The eyeshadows can be applied wet or dry. I always use mattes dry, unless I am applying them to my lower lash line or using them as eyeliner. I sometimes apply metallics/shimmers wet, but it depends on the formula and whether they contain glitters. Wet application can max up the pigmentation and help prevent fallout.
·         Blending - They blended really easily and nicely, but the shades are really light so bad blending wouldn’t be a massive issue.
·         Kick-Back - Obviously, there is always going to be kick-back in your eyeshadow pans as you are disturbing powders. The kick-back was not a concern or issue for me in this particular palette.
·         Fallout - I only noticed sparkle fallout from the glittery shades.
 
I like that the packaging is really small, compact and purple (my favourite colour). The ratio of eyeshadow finishes is not bad, but you are really only going to get subtle hazy looks with a bright metallic pop as there are no deepening shades. The colour story for me just isn’t purple or versatile enough! My favourite shades are Shade 1 and Shade 6. I have a few issues with this palette. Two of the matte shades are very light and barely show up on my skin (Shade 5 & Shade 8), they really need building up. Shade 3 comes up a bit patchy, I know purple shades can be hard to formulate. Shade 1 and Shade 2 look really similar on the eye; they both didn’t really need to be included in the palette. This palette just doesn’t fill me with inspiration. I think all of the matte shades should have been purple based and have a wider range in tone, so that you can actually deepen transition shades. I also don’t like the little palettes don’t have shade names. If you are looking for a purple palette, I would steer clear of this one! I am a little bit disappointed and I am kind of glad I didn’t pick-up the Khaki version too. The bigger HUDA BEAUTY palettes are much better quality.
 
You can purchase the HUDA BEAUTY Purple Haze Obsessions Palette for £27.00 from HudaBeauty.com.
 
| I purchased this palette for £22.95 from CultBeauty.co.uk |
 
| Swatch Stencil: Stripes 10 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk |

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Katie Price 'Stunning' Perfume VS JoJo Siwa 'Be You' Perfume - Are they the same?

I was browsing on AllBeauty.com and looking at celebrity fragrances and I saw that one was listed for JoJo Siwa. I had heard of JoJo before, but I don’t really know anything about her. I clicked on it out of interest and when I first saw the image of the perfume, I thought maybe the wrong photograph had been uploaded until I clicked on it and saw the description of the perfume. When I first saw the photograph, before I clicked on it to read the description, I instantly thought, that’s Stunning by Katie Price! I looked into it a bit more and compared it to Stunning. The JoJo Siwa “version” is called Be You. Photo Source: Perfume.com Stunning by Katie Price ·          Released in 2007 (12 years ago). ·          Contains the notes; Mandarin Orange, Jasmine & Patchouli. ·          Classed as a floral scent. ·       ...

Charlotte Tilbury Charlotte Darling Easy Eye Palette

I have another Charlotte Tilbury palette post for you today; I have been on a roll with them! You can definitely tell I am a fan of her eyeshadow formula. There are loads of other CT products I would love to try, but I am slowing down the purchases for now as I do have a confession to make at the end of this post! THE PACKAGING The packaging is made of shiny maroon plastic and it has a short, thin and rectangular shape. It has a metallic gold starburst design across the front. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift up to reveal the rectangular eyeshadow pans arranged in threes across a mirrored gold base. The group names are printed on the back of the palette. The shades don’t really have names, but there is a removable plastic insert included which labels the eyeshadows as 1 Prime, 2 Enhance or 3 Smoke. There is also a mirror on the underside of the lid. THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA You get six 0.9g eyeshadows in Matte (M) and Metallic (ME) finishes.   ·    ...

Benefit Cheek Stars Reunion Tour Palette

I’ve wanted to try the highlighter Cookie from Benefit for ages, but always decided against purchasing a single of it as I always declutter the single boxed powders by Benefit, so I didn’t want to waste money again. Also, I have far too many single highlighters (OFRA ♥) as it is! I kept seeing Beauty Influencers on YouTube use this palette, so I decided to purchase it for myself. You get five full sized powders inside a cute compact palette. You also get a free face brush which also fits inside the palette and a Tips & Tricks Card. You can purchase it for £53.50 ($60.00) from BenefitCosmetics.com. There is also a mini version available of this palette (Cheek Stars Mini Reunion Tour Palette), which includes; Georgia, Sugarbomb and Hoola for £26.00 ($30.00). All five powders are also available in singles and mini/travel singles. Swatch Stencil: Stripes 7 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk Dallas - rosy bronze blush (9g) Sugarbomb - rosy pink blush (7g) Cookie - golden...