Skip to main content

Blogmas #1 | TAG - Christmas Favourites

For today’s post, I am going to share with you a few of my Christmas favourites. These are things I look forward to each year and have kind of become a tradition in itself.
Source: dvdactive.com
FILM
This film has been a favourite Christmas film of mine for many years and it is something I look forward to watching every year. It is ... Santa Clause: The Movie (1985). It is quite an old film now, but I still enjoy watching it year after year. It is magical, funny and sad and it spreads a clear message of Christmas joy and charity.
Click here to view the plot of the film.
Source: en.wikipedia.org
SONG
My favourite Christmas themed song is ‘Fairytale of New York’ by The Pogues ft. Kirsty MacColl. It is viewed as a more adult type of song because it’s lyrics contain words like, bum, punk, slut, junk, scumbag, maggot and faggot. I don’t consider any of the words to be offensive, but some people regard them as crude words. So when it is played on radio during the day, some of the words are bleeped out, which really ruins the song. Regardless, it is still a favourite of mine and it is loved by many more.
Click here to listen to the song.
Source: chocolatebuttons.co.uk
FOOD
I love having and look forward to a big Christmas roast dinner each year, but I also long to have a small sweet treat. So every year I look forward to the Cadbury Magical Elves. They are small chocolate elf figures with popping candy inside and they are delicious. I always collect all the colours and each elf has different name corresponding to their colour and a gemstone. There is Alexandrite (red), Sunstone (yellow), Peridot (green), Amethyst (purple), Citrine (orange), Quartz (white), Topaz (pink) and last but not least Zircon (blue). Sadly, Cadbury have discontinued them for this year and have instead released popping candy Freddo’s. I loved Freddo’s as a child and I’m sure they will be even better with popping candy within them. So all is not lost, I just won’t get to see my favourite and colourful little elves!
Source: 123rf.com
COLOURS
Red, Emerald Green & Silver. I like these colours in general, but when they are put together, they just remind me of Christmas.

I hope you found this TAG insightful and I TAG YOU to do the same. Only 24 days to go!

What are some of your Christmas favourites?

♥ ♥ ♥

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Katie Price 'Stunning' Perfume VS JoJo Siwa 'Be You' Perfume - Are they the same?

I was browsing on AllBeauty.com and looking at celebrity fragrances and I saw that one was listed for JoJo Siwa. I had heard of JoJo before, but I don’t really know anything about her. I clicked on it out of interest and when I first saw the image of the perfume, I thought maybe the wrong photograph had been uploaded until I clicked on it and saw the description of the perfume. When I first saw the photograph, before I clicked on it to read the description, I instantly thought, that’s Stunning by Katie Price! I looked into it a bit more and compared it to Stunning. The JoJo Siwa “version” is called Be You. Photo Source: Perfume.com Stunning by Katie Price ·          Released in 2007 (12 years ago). ·          Contains the notes; Mandarin Orange, Jasmine & Patchouli. ·          Classed as a floral scent. ·       ...

Charlotte Tilbury Charlotte Darling Easy Eye Palette

I have another Charlotte Tilbury palette post for you today; I have been on a roll with them! You can definitely tell I am a fan of her eyeshadow formula. There are loads of other CT products I would love to try, but I am slowing down the purchases for now as I do have a confession to make at the end of this post! THE PACKAGING The packaging is made of shiny maroon plastic and it has a short, thin and rectangular shape. It has a metallic gold starburst design across the front. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift up to reveal the rectangular eyeshadow pans arranged in threes across a mirrored gold base. The group names are printed on the back of the palette. The shades don’t really have names, but there is a removable plastic insert included which labels the eyeshadows as 1 Prime, 2 Enhance or 3 Smoke. There is also a mirror on the underside of the lid. THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA You get six 0.9g eyeshadows in Matte (M) and Metallic (ME) finishes.   ·    ...

Benefit Cheek Stars Reunion Tour Palette

I’ve wanted to try the highlighter Cookie from Benefit for ages, but always decided against purchasing a single of it as I always declutter the single boxed powders by Benefit, so I didn’t want to waste money again. Also, I have far too many single highlighters (OFRA ♥) as it is! I kept seeing Beauty Influencers on YouTube use this palette, so I decided to purchase it for myself. You get five full sized powders inside a cute compact palette. You also get a free face brush which also fits inside the palette and a Tips & Tricks Card. You can purchase it for £53.50 ($60.00) from BenefitCosmetics.com. There is also a mini version available of this palette (Cheek Stars Mini Reunion Tour Palette), which includes; Georgia, Sugarbomb and Hoola for £26.00 ($30.00). All five powders are also available in singles and mini/travel singles. Swatch Stencil: Stripes 7 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk Dallas - rosy bronze blush (9g) Sugarbomb - rosy pink blush (7g) Cookie - golden...