Skip to main content

Jeffree Star Cosmetics

I am reviewing some Jeffree Star Cosmetics products I recently picked up from BeautyBay.com. For those that don’t know, Jeffree Star is a Beauty YouTuber who has his own make-up brand. I have only recently become a fan and I can’t quite remember how! I like his make-up videos because they are honest and when he does tutorials it is like he is actually teaching you. I dislike the voiceover/quick cut edited tutorials most YouTubers create. He mostly uses really expensive high end products, but he is up front about it and it isn’t because he is snobby. I think he mentioned that he had some bad experiences with drugstore products when he first started out with make-up, so the higher end brands tended to be more quality made. As we all know, the quality of make-up has dramatically changed over the years, so he is gradually trying out more drugstore brands on his channel.

I have previously tried a Skin Frost™ in Peach Goddess. It was a good product, but it was wasted on me as I’m just not into highlighter, especially something that blinding! I prefer a more demure cream based highlighter if I actually decide to wear one. I gave it to my sister, who appreciates it a whole lot more than I did.

I decided to pick up Jeffree’s new palette (his version of a neutral palette) and one of his lipsticks. I liked the look of the first palette Beauty Killer™, but I knew I wouldn’t get a lot of use out of it as I am a neutral girl, but some of the shades are really appealing. I also tried to get a shade of lipstick that looked toned down, but still a pretty colour.
ANDROGYNY PALETTE
The packaging has a rectangular shape and is made of a hot pink leatherette material with a mock croc/repitle kind of pattern. It has the brand name and palette name printed in gold on the front and it has a gold border around the edges of the palette. On the back of the palette there is social media links printed in black. It has a magnetic open/close and once opened it reveals a mirror and the eyeshadows. The mirror has a card old fashioned rustic gold mirror design around it.
You get ten 2.5g eyeshadows in two different finishes; super matte and metallic. They also have the Jeffree Star logo pressed into the powder in the pans.
FROSTING - pale metallic gold
SAFE WORD - matte cool toned light brown
CHARM - warm matte burnt orange
DÉ JȦ VU - frosted antique brown with glitter
DOMINATRIX - warm matte chocolate brown
ANDROGYNY - matte plum/mauve purple hybrid
FETISH - deep metallic rusty red
MILITARY - matte military style green
POISON - matte teal green
SWALLOW - matte dark petrol blue

The eyeshadows should be extremely pigmented and the whole palette is vegan and cruelty free.
I really love this palette. I wasn’t sure I would get much use out of it, but the looks you can create are endless. The eyeshadows are all exceptionally pigmented and buttery. You do get a little fall out when you coat your make-up brush in the powders, but I get this with every powder eyeshadow I have ever tried, you simply tap the excess off. I still recommend a primer, no matter how pigmented an eyeshadow is. They all blend really well and I like the mixture of formulas. Another bonus is that the eyeshadow pans are slightly bigger than your average full sized eyeshadow, which means your favourite shade will last longer. I lover the packaging and my favourite shades are Frosting, Déjà Vu and Fetish. Overall I definitely recommend this palette.

Price - £40.00   Rating - 5/5
Recommend - Yes       Re-Purchase - Yes
Available at - JeffreeStarCosmetics.com, BeautyBay.com
LIP AMMUNITION™
The packaging is made of hot pink lightweight plastic and looks like a bullet. There is a mirrored rose gold tip on the cap. It also has gold printed detailing on it. You lift the cap off and then twist the base to reveal the lipstick.
I chose the shade Celebrity Skin, which is a soft neutral brown in a satin finish. There is also a Velour Liquid Lipstick available in the same shade. I love so many of the other shades, but realistically I wouldn’t wear them as I would be too scared too and I don’t think I could pull them off. I feel like you have to have the confidence in yourself, and well, I just don’t.
This lipstick should give you full coverage after one swipe, be extremely pigmented and smell of creamsicle ice-cream. This lipstick is also vegan and cruelty free.
It is a nice product and a nice shade, although I'm not sure it really suits me. The formula is very rich in pigment and it is smooth. It does have a scent which I can’t really describe and it isn’t really a scent that appeals to me. You do get full coverage after one swipe and there are a lot of colour options to choose from. I would recommend this lipstick.

Price - £16.00   Rating - 5/5
Recommend - Yes       Re-Purchase - Yes
Available at - JeffreeStarCosmetics.com, BeautyBay.com

Overall I have really enjoyed my experiences with this brand so far and I am looking forward to Jeffree’s new summer chrome collection which should be released very soon. Judging by some of the sneak peek pictures I have seen, the packaging looks rose gold and I can’t wait what he has created this time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jouer Skinny Dip Palette

I first saw this palette when Jouer released their Skinny Dip make-up collection and I nearly bought it, but I changed my mind because I already have a million palettes. As you can see, I have changed my mind again and I am very glad that I did. The packaging is quite compact. It is made out of reflective foil gold cardboard and the typography is simple. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift to reveal a small rectangular mirror on one side and then the six eyeshadow pans on the other. The shade names are written underneath each pan. You get six ultra-foil shimmer eyeshadows in blinding shades with a net weight of 7.5g. The sixth shade is actually described as more of a glitter shade. STAR LIGHT - platinum BIKINI - champagne pink SKINNY DIP - champagne gold TAN LINES - antique bronze MAGIC HOUR - warm taupe MIDNIGHT SWIM - cocoa bronze The eyeshadows should be highly pigmented, have an intense shimmery and metallic finish, be long wearing and cre

BPERFECT Cosmetics X Stacey Marie Carnival III: Love Tahiti Palette - Swatches

Please Note: I mean’t to review this palette a while ago, but didn’t get around to it. I thought I would still share the pictures with you. You can purchase the BPERFECT Cosmetics X Stacey Marie Carnival III: Love Tahiti Palette for £36.95 from BPerfectCosmetics.com . | I purchased this palette for £36.95 from BeautyBay.com | | Swatch Stencil: Stripes Double 36 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk | | M = Matte, ME = Metallic, HPS = High Pigment Shimmer & DSPP = Duo-Shift Pressed Pigment |

Review: Rimmel Wake Me Up

Wake Me Up Foundation I bought this after seeing the advertisement for it on Rimmel’s Facebook, and I thought the description sounded perfect for me. The packaging is made of glass and it has a curved shape, with the Rimmel logo and product name printed in the centre on a bit of plastic tape. The cap is a slanted block shape made of plastic and it is a bright orange colour with glitter sparkle. This product has an orange plastic pump, which dispenses the product. All the relevant information is printed on the back, like most products. It is also packaged in a plastic wrapper, with a security tag. This product is marketed as a foundation that “instantly reawakens skin, with a healthy, radiant glow”. It is also mean’t to be light weight and give a poreless and flawless complexion. It also contains SPF15 for sun protection and illuminating pearls, which is mean’t to give your face a natural glow. It is also mean’t to “bounce your skin back to life” and banish the signs of fat