Skip to main content

Christmas Beauty Haul #1

This post is a bit late I know, but I had to wait for the Vera Wang perfume to be delivered to my local store. I am going to share with you the beauty related gifts I received for Christmas, as well as a few extra bits I have bought myself.
On Christmas Day I received the Soap & Glory Best Of All gift set, which includes nine full sized products, Soap & Glory Showers That Glee gift set, which includes five full sized products, Nivea All About Luscious Lips gift set, which includes four lip balms, BaByliss Limited Edition Exquisite Hair Dryer set, which includes a hair dryer carry bag, hair brush and two styling hair clips and PRO Beauty Tools Twilight Sparkle Ceramic Styler hair straighteners.
Early on Christmas morning I discovered that the Boots.com Christmas Sale had started on Christmas Eve, so I quickly browsed and I found that everything I wanted was out of stock and I already knew my store didn’t do the gift set’s I wanted, so I was pretty annoyed! I managed to get one item I wanted, the Vera Wang Lovestruck Gift Set for £23.33 (was £35), which includes the 30ml eau de parfum; 75ml shower gel and 75ml body lotion all inside a gorgeous pink box, which can be re-used. On Boxing Day I went into Boots to see if there were any gift set’s left and there was very little and not any I wanted, but I picked up the Soap & Glory Cream and Soaper Set for £5 (was £10) anyway. The duo set consists of a 250ml Hand Food hand cream and 250ml Wash Your Hands Of It liquid hand soap.
Lastly I bought a few other bits recently that are not Christmas related, but I am going to include them anyway. I wanted to try out a different brand of basic skincare and I saw these a while ago, so I decided to get them. I got the Morrisons So Clear Deep Clean Cleanser, Morrisons So Clear Dual Action Moisturiser and Morrisons So Clear Deep Cleansing Facial Wipes, all were £1.99 each. I also went to Boots and bought some more Oral B Precision Clean Toothbrush Heads for £10.99 (was £16.49), it is a pact of four and Boots was the cheapest place to get them at the time as they can be quite expensive to say they are just toothbrush heads!

So that was my short Christmas/Random haul, it definitely won’t be the last of the year, but I am trying to cut down on the spending and use up what I have. With me it’s more quality than quantity because I don’t own masses amount of make-up, but what I do own is from brands like Urban Decay and I barely use the products. I aim to use them more, as well as using up other products like eyeliners, because I have a long list of products to buy and test this year. Bye for now J

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jouer Skinny Dip Palette

I first saw this palette when Jouer released their Skinny Dip make-up collection and I nearly bought it, but I changed my mind because I already have a million palettes. As you can see, I have changed my mind again and I am very glad that I did. The packaging is quite compact. It is made out of reflective foil gold cardboard and the typography is simple. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift to reveal a small rectangular mirror on one side and then the six eyeshadow pans on the other. The shade names are written underneath each pan. You get six ultra-foil shimmer eyeshadows in blinding shades with a net weight of 7.5g. The sixth shade is actually described as more of a glitter shade. STAR LIGHT - platinum BIKINI - champagne pink SKINNY DIP - champagne gold TAN LINES - antique bronze MAGIC HOUR - warm taupe MIDNIGHT SWIM - cocoa bronze The eyeshadows should be highly pigmented, have an intense shimmery and metallic finish, be long wearing and cre

BPERFECT Cosmetics X Stacey Marie Carnival III: Love Tahiti Palette - Swatches

Please Note: I mean’t to review this palette a while ago, but didn’t get around to it. I thought I would still share the pictures with you. You can purchase the BPERFECT Cosmetics X Stacey Marie Carnival III: Love Tahiti Palette for £36.95 from BPerfectCosmetics.com . | I purchased this palette for £36.95 from BeautyBay.com | | Swatch Stencil: Stripes Double 36 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk | | M = Matte, ME = Metallic, HPS = High Pigment Shimmer & DSPP = Duo-Shift Pressed Pigment |

Review: Rimmel Wake Me Up

Wake Me Up Foundation I bought this after seeing the advertisement for it on Rimmel’s Facebook, and I thought the description sounded perfect for me. The packaging is made of glass and it has a curved shape, with the Rimmel logo and product name printed in the centre on a bit of plastic tape. The cap is a slanted block shape made of plastic and it is a bright orange colour with glitter sparkle. This product has an orange plastic pump, which dispenses the product. All the relevant information is printed on the back, like most products. It is also packaged in a plastic wrapper, with a security tag. This product is marketed as a foundation that “instantly reawakens skin, with a healthy, radiant glow”. It is also mean’t to be light weight and give a poreless and flawless complexion. It also contains SPF15 for sun protection and illuminating pearls, which is mean’t to give your face a natural glow. It is also mean’t to “bounce your skin back to life” and banish the signs of fat