Skip to main content

Perfume Power! - Diesel 'Loverdose'

Photo: TheFragranceCounter.co.uk
I received this perfume as a Christmas present and it was part of a gift set. This is the eau de parfum version of the fragrance.

The bottle is very gorgeous indeed! The bottle is made of glass and it is heart shaped with amethyst colouring. If you look closely at the bottle you can see that the spray also acts as a sort of dagger, ‘a dagger to the heart’. Also the edges of the heart are not straight, which means the bottle can be stood three different ways, only two of the ways work for me because when it is stood on the longest edge it falls over, but once I've used more of the perfume up that might solve the problem!
The fragrance notes are:-

Top Notes: Mandarin & Star Anise
Middle Notes: Jasmine, Gardenia & Liquorice
Base Notes: Amber, Vanilla & Wood

This perfume is described as being oriental with a liquorice heart. It is definitely more of a night time scent because it is quite strong and sexy smelling and lasts a long time on the skin. The liquorice is definitely the strongest note and sometimes I think it is too strong because I don’t like liquorice, but I do really like this scent. It reminds me of a masculine type scent but I think the star anise and the mix of floral notes make it very feminine and sort of fruity smelling.

I do not wear this perfume often, partly because I identify it as being a night time/clubbing scent and I would not get much use out of that sort of scent, but I do really like wearing it and I LOVE the bottle. Heart shaped and purple, who wouldn’t love that? J

Rate: 5/5          Re-Purchase: Yes               Recommend: Yes
Product Link: click here!
RRP Price: £36
Where I Got It & How Much For: I received it as a Christmas present!
You Can Buy It At:- Boots (UK), Sephora (USA)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perfume Power! - Avon 'Femme'

I recently started looking at the Avon catalogues again and I saw this perfume had a test circle. Whenever I see the test circles, I just have to rub them! I tested this perfume and I instantly wanted it, plus it was on offer with the matching body spray and lotion. The bottle is clear glass and is inspired by diamonds. The cap is clear plastic and is a squared diamond shape. It has a regular perfume spritzer, which is silver to blend in with the clear cut look. The fragrance notes are:- Top Notes: Pink Grapefruit, Plum & Violet Middle Notes: Jasmine, Wild Orchid & Magnolia Base Notes: Amber, Peach, Wood & Musk I really like the bottle because it is beautifully simple and you can see how much liquid you have left. The cap is not very secure though because it just sits on top of the spritzer, which means it can easy fall off in your bag. The spritzer is very easy to use and it distributes the perfume evenly in a concentrated mist. The scent I would say...

Charlotte Tilbury Charlotte Darling Easy Eye Palette

I have another Charlotte Tilbury palette post for you today; I have been on a roll with them! You can definitely tell I am a fan of her eyeshadow formula. There are loads of other CT products I would love to try, but I am slowing down the purchases for now as I do have a confession to make at the end of this post! THE PACKAGING The packaging is made of shiny maroon plastic and it has a short, thin and rectangular shape. It has a metallic gold starburst design across the front. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift up to reveal the rectangular eyeshadow pans arranged in threes across a mirrored gold base. The group names are printed on the back of the palette. The shades don’t really have names, but there is a removable plastic insert included which labels the eyeshadows as 1 Prime, 2 Enhance or 3 Smoke. There is also a mirror on the underside of the lid. THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA You get six 0.9g eyeshadows in Matte (M) and Metallic (ME) finishes.   ·    ...

Swatches: Maybelline Colour Sensational Stripped Nudes Lipstick in Tantalizing Taupe

Tantalizing Taupe (725) - light, but deep nude beige Quite smooth, slight shine and pretty nude colour, but sadly it doesn’t really suit me. £6.99 - Maybelline.co.uk What do you think of this product? ♥ ♥ ♥