Skip to main content

Birchbox #3 - August 2014

I have been patiently waiting for this box ever since I saw the sneak preview on Facebook and it looked promising to be a great box, or so I thought! Let’s get into what I got first, before I continue with the negatives!
N4. High Performance Hair Care Super Comb Prep & Protect
| £20 (Full Size) - Number4Hair.com |
This is a leave in spray conditioner in a mini sample size. I will probably give this product a miss seeing as though I have no interest in hair. I must say that it does smell quite funky though!

Chella Highlighter Pencil in Ivory Lace
| £15.95 - Chella.com |
This is a product that interests me and it is full size. The shade looks a bit concealer like, but I have yet to try it on my skin.

NUDE Progenius Omega Treatment Oil
| £58 (Full Size) - NudeSkinCare.com |
This is a totally new brand/product to me, but I will give it a go. I have the 5ml sample size and I just can’t believe how much it is for the full size!

VASANTI BrightenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator
| £26 (Full Size) - VasantiCosmetics.com |
This is a product I would be interested in and it is a 20g sample size.

Supergoop! Daily Correct CC Cream – SPF35
| £32 (Full Size) - Supergoop.com |
I received two mini 3ml samples of this in the shade Light to Medium. It is actually slightly too dark for me, so I probably won’t use it because I don’t really tan, so my skin will not be dark enough to match. Had this of been the lighter shade, I would have probably given it a go!

The Proposal by Tasmina Perry
| £7.99 (Paperback) - TasminaPerry.com |
This is the Lifestyle Extra and it is a sample chapter from a new novel/book and I am interested in giving it a read.

Overall I was extremely disappointed with this box! The range of brands is great, because I have never heard of them, but the product choices for me were very poor. I am a make-up girl and everything was really hair or skin care related. I will get use out of a few of the items, but I am not exited and it is a let-down seeing as my previous two boxes were good. I will be unsubscribing, not only for that reason, but I still have the Glossybox bug and I am enjoying that box more. I am glad to have tried Birchbox and I give them an A+* for my overall experience with them, thank you!

What are your thoughts on this box?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jouer Skinny Dip Palette

I first saw this palette when Jouer released their Skinny Dip make-up collection and I nearly bought it, but I changed my mind because I already have a million palettes. As you can see, I have changed my mind again and I am very glad that I did. The packaging is quite compact. It is made out of reflective foil gold cardboard and the typography is simple. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift to reveal a small rectangular mirror on one side and then the six eyeshadow pans on the other. The shade names are written underneath each pan. You get six ultra-foil shimmer eyeshadows in blinding shades with a net weight of 7.5g. The sixth shade is actually described as more of a glitter shade. STAR LIGHT - platinum BIKINI - champagne pink SKINNY DIP - champagne gold TAN LINES - antique bronze MAGIC HOUR - warm taupe MIDNIGHT SWIM - cocoa bronze The eyeshadows should be highly pigmented, have an intense shimmery and metallic finish, be long wearing and cre

KALEIDOS Space Age Highlighters

A few posts ago I mentioned that I purchased a Kaleidos Space Age Highlighter from Depop and I said I really wanted the whole collection (8 highlighters) and was considering purchasing the whole bundle. The bundle was and is still out of stock, so I caved in and went for the second best option. I ended up purchasing The Six Highlighter Bundle, where you choose six of the shades and you get their Precision Highlighter Brush, all for $76.00 (£60.70). With this option I would only be missing out on one shade. My order was shipped from China and took 10 days to get to me. The shipping was FREE as I spent over $70.00 and I wasn’t charged any customs fees. Inside the main package is the bright bundle box, it looks like a present/gift. When you open this up, the highlighters and brush are inside the metallic padded envelope. I already own the shade Ray Rider (N03) (champagne sheen with a peach hint). Click HERE to read my first impressions of it and see a swatch. Please forgi

BPERFECT Cosmetics X Stacey Marie Carnival III: Love Tahiti Palette - Swatches

Please Note: I mean’t to review this palette a while ago, but didn’t get around to it. I thought I would still share the pictures with you. You can purchase the BPERFECT Cosmetics X Stacey Marie Carnival III: Love Tahiti Palette for £36.95 from BPerfectCosmetics.com . | I purchased this palette for £36.95 from BeautyBay.com | | Swatch Stencil: Stripes Double 36 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk | | M = Matte, ME = Metallic, HPS = High Pigment Shimmer & DSPP = Duo-Shift Pressed Pigment |