Skip to main content

Urban Decay Naked 2 Basics Palette

I have finally given in and decided to get this palette. The first one never really interested me, so it was a surprise that this one did.
The palette itself is tiny and made of a frosted nude brown plastic material. The logo and product name is shown on the front and is in a slightly raised font. When you open it up, there is a small mirror one side and the eyeshadows on the other side.
The eyeshadows are 1.3g and all shades are taupe hued and complement each other. The idea is that all six shades are matte, but the first (lightest) shade from the Naked Basics was slightly shimmery. The first shade from this palette, Skimp, also has a little shimmer to it, but it is not extremely noticeable.
SKIMP - Pale nude satin
STARK - Matte nude pink
FRISK - Warm matte grey
COVER - Muted matte reddish brown
PRIMAL - Muted matte brown
UNDONE - Deep smoky matte brown

This palette doesn’t include any extras like most UD palettes do, but it is supposed to be basic, but beautiful.

I really love this little palette. It has all the shades you need for a simple neutral look, which can be amped up! The shades are so soft, buttery and amazingly pigmented. I would say they are much more pigmented than the matte shades in any other Urban Decay palette. I wonder if this is because it is supposed to be just a mattes palette? I am still glad I didn’t purchase the first one because the shades just didn’t appeal to me, but this one is absolutely perfect!!

Price - £22        Rating - 5/5
Recommend - Yes       Re-Purchase - Yes
Available at - UrbanDecay.co.uk, Sephora

What do you think of the Naked 2 Basics?

♥ ♥ ♥

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perfume Power! - Avon 'Femme'

I recently started looking at the Avon catalogues again and I saw this perfume had a test circle. Whenever I see the test circles, I just have to rub them! I tested this perfume and I instantly wanted it, plus it was on offer with the matching body spray and lotion. The bottle is clear glass and is inspired by diamonds. The cap is clear plastic and is a squared diamond shape. It has a regular perfume spritzer, which is silver to blend in with the clear cut look. The fragrance notes are:- Top Notes: Pink Grapefruit, Plum & Violet Middle Notes: Jasmine, Wild Orchid & Magnolia Base Notes: Amber, Peach, Wood & Musk I really like the bottle because it is beautifully simple and you can see how much liquid you have left. The cap is not very secure though because it just sits on top of the spritzer, which means it can easy fall off in your bag. The spritzer is very easy to use and it distributes the perfume evenly in a concentrated mist. The scent I would say...

Charlotte Tilbury Charlotte Darling Easy Eye Palette

I have another Charlotte Tilbury palette post for you today; I have been on a roll with them! You can definitely tell I am a fan of her eyeshadow formula. There are loads of other CT products I would love to try, but I am slowing down the purchases for now as I do have a confession to make at the end of this post! THE PACKAGING The packaging is made of shiny maroon plastic and it has a short, thin and rectangular shape. It has a metallic gold starburst design across the front. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift up to reveal the rectangular eyeshadow pans arranged in threes across a mirrored gold base. The group names are printed on the back of the palette. The shades don’t really have names, but there is a removable plastic insert included which labels the eyeshadows as 1 Prime, 2 Enhance or 3 Smoke. There is also a mirror on the underside of the lid. THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA You get six 0.9g eyeshadows in Matte (M) and Metallic (ME) finishes.   ·    ...

Swatches: Maybelline Colour Sensational Stripped Nudes Lipstick in Tantalizing Taupe

Tantalizing Taupe (725) - light, but deep nude beige Quite smooth, slight shine and pretty nude colour, but sadly it doesn’t really suit me. £6.99 - Maybelline.co.uk What do you think of this product? ♥ ♥ ♥