Skip to main content

Jeffree Star Cosmetics X Shane Dawson Conspiracy Palette

I managed to get my hands on the new JSC x Shane Dawson palette on launch day! It took a few hours to complete the purchase online, but I didn’t give up. I have been following the journey of the creation of the whole collection on YouTube and everything is eye catching. I decided to only pick up the main palette this time; I usually buy at least one liquid lipstick from every JSC collection launch.
Also available from the collection was the Mini Controversy Palette. I really love the shades Controversy and My Apology from the palette, but I knew I wouldn’t get much use out of the other shades, which is why I decided against purchasing it. There are also six velour liquid lipsticks (none of the shades appealed to me), pig mirrors, make-up bags/cases, clear version of the gloss and a lip balm. I believe the lip balm is only available in the USA. You can buy the products in bundles or buy the items separately.
The packaging of the Conspiracy Palette slightly resembles the case designs of the Blood Sugar and Blue Blood Palettes. It has a rectangular shape and it is made out of black cardboard. The lid has a sort of domed effect where there is a plastic triangle disc in the centre with Shane Dawson’s logo. The name of the palette is printed in bold white lettering across the palette. There are two black metal clips down one side of the palette that you flip up to be able to lift up the lid of the palette. Inside there is a mirror on the reverse side of the lid and there are eighteen eyeshadow pans spread across a black base with the shade names in a clear white font. You can purchase this palette for £48.00 from BeautyBay.com and JeffreeStarCosmetics.com.

You get eighteen 1.50g eyeshadows in Matte (M), Metallic (ME) and Foil (F) finishes.
Swatch Stencil: Stripes Double 18 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk
Ranch - white silver (ME)
My Pills - delicate pink (M)
Tanacon - dusty caramel (M)
Diet Root Beer - warm brown (M)
Just A Theory - rose gold shimmer (F)
Spiraling - steely grey shimmer (ME)
Conspiracy - khaki green shimmer (F)
Pig-Ment - bubble gum pink (M)
Food Videos - electric lime green (M)
Trisha - bright hot pink shimmer (F)
Cheese Dust - true orange (M)
Flaming Hot - bright pink-toned red (M)
What’s The Tea? - soft turquoise (M)
Diet Cola - silver shimmer (ME)
Not A Fact - plum purple (M)
Sleep Paralysis - dark grey shimmer (F)
Illuminatea - rich forest green shimmer (ME)
My Ride’s Here - black (M)

The eyeshadows should be buttery soft, immensely pigmented and extremely easy to blend. This palette is also vegan and cruelty-free, as is Jeffree Star Cosmetics as a whole brand. The following shades are not recommended for use around the immediate eye area: Cheese Dust, Sleep Paralysis, Food Videos, My Pills, Trisha, Not A Fact, Flaming Hot and Pig-Ment.

This palette is great, but I am not as excited over it as I thought I would be! The quality is perfection, the eyeshadows are buttery soft, blend like a dream and the pigmentation is most definitely there. You get a little kick back in the pans as they are powder eyeshadows/pigments, the only shade that really gave me noticeable fall out on my face was Trisha. The imprints in the pans are cute and the overall packaging is unique. You can also use some of the shades as bronzer/contour, blush and highlight. The colour story just doesn’t make sense to me and it doesn’t feel cohesive. I struggled for inspiration on what looks to do with it and I quickly realised that after testing it, I most likely wouldn’t use it again! The shades are lovely, but they don’t really all go together, a lot of the shades feel dark/grungy (which isn’t really my aesthetic at the moment). Overall, I liked this palette, but it doesn’t have the same sort of magic that the other JSC palettes have. I would recommend it if you are very creative with your looks, if you are a beginner or amateur like me, I would steer clear. You will notice soon that I decided to declutter this palette from my collection!

| I purchased this palette for £48.00 from BeautyBay.com |

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Katie Price 'Stunning' Perfume VS JoJo Siwa 'Be You' Perfume - Are they the same?

I was browsing on AllBeauty.com and looking at celebrity fragrances and I saw that one was listed for JoJo Siwa. I had heard of JoJo before, but I don’t really know anything about her. I clicked on it out of interest and when I first saw the image of the perfume, I thought maybe the wrong photograph had been uploaded until I clicked on it and saw the description of the perfume. When I first saw the photograph, before I clicked on it to read the description, I instantly thought, that’s Stunning by Katie Price! I looked into it a bit more and compared it to Stunning. The JoJo Siwa “version” is called Be You. Photo Source: Perfume.com Stunning by Katie Price ·          Released in 2007 (12 years ago). ·          Contains the notes; Mandarin Orange, Jasmine & Patchouli. ·          Classed as a floral scent. ·          Marketed as an adult’s fragrance. ·          Diamonds by Next is a confirmed dupe of this perfume, but the bottle is completely different. You w

Jouer Skinny Dip Palette

I first saw this palette when Jouer released their Skinny Dip make-up collection and I nearly bought it, but I changed my mind because I already have a million palettes. As you can see, I have changed my mind again and I am very glad that I did. The packaging is quite compact. It is made out of reflective foil gold cardboard and the typography is simple. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift to reveal a small rectangular mirror on one side and then the six eyeshadow pans on the other. The shade names are written underneath each pan. You get six ultra-foil shimmer eyeshadows in blinding shades with a net weight of 7.5g. The sixth shade is actually described as more of a glitter shade. STAR LIGHT - platinum BIKINI - champagne pink SKINNY DIP - champagne gold TAN LINES - antique bronze MAGIC HOUR - warm taupe MIDNIGHT SWIM - cocoa bronze The eyeshadows should be highly pigmented, have an intense shimmery and metallic finish, be long wearing and cre

Blogmas #17 | Christmas Wishlist 2013

It is Christmas Wishlist time! I haven’t really got much on my list this year and it is not really varied, definitely a beauty theme. To be honest, I’ve got everything I need and would want. Like most people, I would LOVE more money! 1. Soap & Glory Loved & Glossed™ Gift Set | £16 2. Paco Rabanne Lady Million 80ml Perfume | £65 3. Stila In The Light Palette | £25 4. CARGO Vintage Escape Palette | £35 5. Wilko Wild Print Storage Cases | £10 6. Lady GaGa 30ml Perfume | £24 7. Soap & Glory The Yule Monty™ Gift Set | £60 (£27 on 13 th Dec) Like I said last year, I will be sale shopping again on Boxing Day, so anything I don’t get as gifts I can buy myself at discounted prices! What would you like for Christmas? ♥ ♥ ♥