Skip to main content

Urban Decay Naked Heat Palette

I managed to get my hands on one of these palettes quite early on! On 12th June, Urban Decay released a limited amount of these palettes for sale via their website. They actually launched in the UK on 27th July and are widely available. I’m not sure how many were released early, but I know I was lucky enough to get one, just a shame it has taken me this long to finally review it!
This is the fifth naked palette Urban Decay has released. They also have a Naked Basics range, but I consider those palettes to be separate from the original line up. I already own Naked 1, 2 and 3. I did have 4 (Smoky), but I gave this to my sister as the shades didn’t really appeal to me, the palette devil in me just had to buy it anyway! The Naked Heat palette is actually the one that appeals to me the most out of the five. I was originally going to wait until the official launch date to buy it because there were some Heat eyeliners and lipsticks that were released too and these were not available for pre-sale. I now have the Alkaline and Torch eyeliner pencils and Fuel lipstick.
The palette comes inside a card carton, which is supposed to represent a matchbox as you have to slide it open to get the palette out and it also reveals a graphic of matchsticks once you remove the palette from the box. The palette packaging is a bit like the Naked 4; it is made of light sleek plastic and has a magnetic opening/closing. Urban Decay says, “The artwork on the case seems as if you’re looking through vertical blinds into a hot, steamy sunset”. It has a magnetic closing and you just lift up the lid to reveal a mirror on one side and the twelve eyeshadow pans on the other.
You get twelve 1.3g of amber-hued neutral warm toned shades of eyeshadows in different finishes that will flatter all skin tones.
OUNCE - ivory shimmer
CHASER - light nude matte
SAUCED - soft terra-cotta matte
LOW BLOW - brown matte
LUMBRE - copper shimmer with gold pearl shift
HE DEVIL - burnt red matte
DIRTY TALK - metallic burnt red
SCORCHED - metallic deep red with gold micro-shimmer
CAYENNE - deep terra-cotta matte
EN FUEGO - burgundy matte
ASHES - deep reddish-brown matte
EMBER - deep metallic copper-burgundy

The palette also comes with a double ended eyeshadow brush.
The shades should be velvety in texture, rich in colour, blend easily and be very long wearing due to the pigment infusion system Urban Decay use for their eyeshadows.

The packaging is absolutely stunning! All of the shades are visually stunning and complement each other very well. The eyeshadows feel like velvet and are extremely rich in pigment. I also find them long wearing and easy to blend, just like my other UD palettes. I think this is my favourite Naked palette overall! I just can’t stop looking at it and the shimmer shades are my favourite. I love the shades Lumbre, Dirty Talk and Scorched. Although it is a summer release and the packaging reflects that, the shades a very fall inspired and Autumn happens to be my favourite season. I’m not sure what else to say about this palette, apart from I am in love with it and I can’t recommend it enough! I also recommend trying out the gorgeous eyeliners and striking lipsticks.

Price - £39.50   Rating - 5/5
Recommend - Yes       Re-Purchase - Yes
Available at - UrbanDecay.co.uk, Debenhams, Sephora

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Katie Price 'Stunning' Perfume VS JoJo Siwa 'Be You' Perfume - Are they the same?

I was browsing on AllBeauty.com and looking at celebrity fragrances and I saw that one was listed for JoJo Siwa. I had heard of JoJo before, but I don’t really know anything about her. I clicked on it out of interest and when I first saw the image of the perfume, I thought maybe the wrong photograph had been uploaded until I clicked on it and saw the description of the perfume. When I first saw the photograph, before I clicked on it to read the description, I instantly thought, that’s Stunning by Katie Price! I looked into it a bit more and compared it to Stunning. The JoJo Siwa “version” is called Be You. Photo Source: Perfume.com Stunning by Katie Price ·          Released in 2007 (12 years ago). ·          Contains the notes; Mandarin Orange, Jasmine & Patchouli. ·          Classed as a floral scent. ·          Marketed as an adult’s fragrance. ·          Diamonds by Next is a confirmed dupe of this perfume, but the bottle is completely different. You w

Jouer Skinny Dip Palette

I first saw this palette when Jouer released their Skinny Dip make-up collection and I nearly bought it, but I changed my mind because I already have a million palettes. As you can see, I have changed my mind again and I am very glad that I did. The packaging is quite compact. It is made out of reflective foil gold cardboard and the typography is simple. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift to reveal a small rectangular mirror on one side and then the six eyeshadow pans on the other. The shade names are written underneath each pan. You get six ultra-foil shimmer eyeshadows in blinding shades with a net weight of 7.5g. The sixth shade is actually described as more of a glitter shade. STAR LIGHT - platinum BIKINI - champagne pink SKINNY DIP - champagne gold TAN LINES - antique bronze MAGIC HOUR - warm taupe MIDNIGHT SWIM - cocoa bronze The eyeshadows should be highly pigmented, have an intense shimmery and metallic finish, be long wearing and cre

Serial Sampler #40

I have smelled this particular fragrance before. I remember at one point walking down the street and every other woman that passed me, smelled of this fragrance. This was a few years ago now, but it is still an incredibly popular scent. I never really got the hype around it, but I had a sample of it and I thought I would give it a second chance, as it has been over a year since I last remember smelling it on someone in passing.   It is Flowerbomb by Viktor & Rolf and it is a 1.5ml spritzer sample of the eau de parfum.   “ The first ever perfume by Viktor & Rolf ” Launched: 2005   Type: Oriental Floral / Feminine Notes Top: Tea, Bergamot and Osmanthus. Middle: Orchid, Jasmine, Rose, Freesia and African Orange Flower. Base: Patchouli and Musk. It does smell exactly how I remember, it is nice but I still don’t get the obsession over it! It smells like a mature powder floral to me, which isn’t really my vibe. I can really smell the Bergamot, Orchid, Jasmine, Rose, Patchouli