Skip to main content

Urban Decay Naked Heat Palette

I managed to get my hands on one of these palettes quite early on! On 12th June, Urban Decay released a limited amount of these palettes for sale via their website. They actually launched in the UK on 27th July and are widely available. I’m not sure how many were released early, but I know I was lucky enough to get one, just a shame it has taken me this long to finally review it!
This is the fifth naked palette Urban Decay has released. They also have a Naked Basics range, but I consider those palettes to be separate from the original line up. I already own Naked 1, 2 and 3. I did have 4 (Smoky), but I gave this to my sister as the shades didn’t really appeal to me, the palette devil in me just had to buy it anyway! The Naked Heat palette is actually the one that appeals to me the most out of the five. I was originally going to wait until the official launch date to buy it because there were some Heat eyeliners and lipsticks that were released too and these were not available for pre-sale. I now have the Alkaline and Torch eyeliner pencils and Fuel lipstick.
The palette comes inside a card carton, which is supposed to represent a matchbox as you have to slide it open to get the palette out and it also reveals a graphic of matchsticks once you remove the palette from the box. The palette packaging is a bit like the Naked 4; it is made of light sleek plastic and has a magnetic opening/closing. Urban Decay says, “The artwork on the case seems as if you’re looking through vertical blinds into a hot, steamy sunset”. It has a magnetic closing and you just lift up the lid to reveal a mirror on one side and the twelve eyeshadow pans on the other.
You get twelve 1.3g of amber-hued neutral warm toned shades of eyeshadows in different finishes that will flatter all skin tones.
OUNCE - ivory shimmer
CHASER - light nude matte
SAUCED - soft terra-cotta matte
LOW BLOW - brown matte
LUMBRE - copper shimmer with gold pearl shift
HE DEVIL - burnt red matte
DIRTY TALK - metallic burnt red
SCORCHED - metallic deep red with gold micro-shimmer
CAYENNE - deep terra-cotta matte
EN FUEGO - burgundy matte
ASHES - deep reddish-brown matte
EMBER - deep metallic copper-burgundy

The palette also comes with a double ended eyeshadow brush.
The shades should be velvety in texture, rich in colour, blend easily and be very long wearing due to the pigment infusion system Urban Decay use for their eyeshadows.

The packaging is absolutely stunning! All of the shades are visually stunning and complement each other very well. The eyeshadows feel like velvet and are extremely rich in pigment. I also find them long wearing and easy to blend, just like my other UD palettes. I think this is my favourite Naked palette overall! I just can’t stop looking at it and the shimmer shades are my favourite. I love the shades Lumbre, Dirty Talk and Scorched. Although it is a summer release and the packaging reflects that, the shades a very fall inspired and Autumn happens to be my favourite season. I’m not sure what else to say about this palette, apart from I am in love with it and I can’t recommend it enough! I also recommend trying out the gorgeous eyeliners and striking lipsticks.

Price - £39.50   Rating - 5/5
Recommend - Yes       Re-Purchase - Yes
Available at - UrbanDecay.co.uk, Debenhams, Sephora

♥ ♥ ♥

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KALEIDOS Futurism VII: Sashimi City Palette

This was the futurism palette that I was the most excited about trying. It’s the one that has the most cohesive colour story to me and I do love me some warm neutrals! I still have three more futurism palettes to test out and I can’t wait. THE PACKAGING The packaging is a long thin rectangle shape and the concept reminds me of a wardrobe. There is a purple, pink and coral city skyscraper theme all over the packaging. It has a magnetic closing and you open up the left side first and then the right side to reveal the circular eyeshadow pans and long thin mirror inside. The outside theme continues to the inside. The eyeshadow shade names come printed on a removable plastic sheet. THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA You get six 1.33g eyeshadows/pressed pigments in Matte (M), Duo-Chrome (DC) and Multi-Chrome (MC) finishes.   ·          Rich and Velvety Texture ·          Smooth as Silk Application ·   ...

Swatches: Maybelline Colour Sensational Stripped Nudes Lipstick in Tantalizing Taupe

Tantalizing Taupe (725) - light, but deep nude beige Quite smooth, slight shine and pretty nude colour, but sadly it doesn’t really suit me. £6.99 - Maybelline.co.uk What do you think of this product? ♥ ♥ ♥

Perfume Power! - Avon 'Femme'

I recently started looking at the Avon catalogues again and I saw this perfume had a test circle. Whenever I see the test circles, I just have to rub them! I tested this perfume and I instantly wanted it, plus it was on offer with the matching body spray and lotion. The bottle is clear glass and is inspired by diamonds. The cap is clear plastic and is a squared diamond shape. It has a regular perfume spritzer, which is silver to blend in with the clear cut look. The fragrance notes are:- Top Notes: Pink Grapefruit, Plum & Violet Middle Notes: Jasmine, Wild Orchid & Magnolia Base Notes: Amber, Peach, Wood & Musk I really like the bottle because it is beautifully simple and you can see how much liquid you have left. The cap is not very secure though because it just sits on top of the spritzer, which means it can easy fall off in your bag. The spritzer is very easy to use and it distributes the perfume evenly in a concentrated mist. The scent I would say...