Skip to main content

Superdrug Haul #1

I went to Superdrug a couple of hours ago and bought a couple of things, hardly worth hauling I know, but I’ve just started blogging and it’s something to blog about.

I originally went to Superdrug to buy two nail polishes by NYC because there was an offer on for 3 for 2 on that brand. Plus Barry M (I collect their nail paints) didn’t have two shades similar to the ones I was going to purchase. I was going to get NYC’s Quick Dry Polish in Lincoln Square Lavender and Long Wearing Polish in Starry Silver Glitter. And I also went to get a headband because I have an interview tomorrow and I want to do something different with my hair rather than leaving it just down, because it is thick and doesn’t stay straight and in place that long, so a headband would give it some depth and break it up a bit on my head, plus it makes me look even more mature.

So back to what I actually bought from Superdrug, all of three items. I couldn’t find the two NYC polishes I was after, as they were sold out so I picked up Superdrug’s Wide Alice Headband for £2.59, Maybelline’s Volum’ Express the Colossal Cat Eyes Mascara in Glam Black for £5.99 (was £7.99) and lastly Carmex’s Moisturising Lip Balm in Cherry for £2.54. So overall I spent £11.12 and received 11 BeautyCard points, which I think is wrong seeing as though on their website the mascara is worth 25 points, the lip balm is worth 10 points and the headband is worth 10 points!!!! So I don’t know how they work it out if you buy all three together.

I haven't tried any of the products out yet, but I will be hopefully wearing the headband tomorrow, if I remember to put it on. I'm not really looking forward to the interview as it is about an hour and ten minutes drive from where I live, so I'll be very nervous and probably feeling crappy because of the boring car journey, but hay ho it should all be worth it in the end. On another note the lip balm smells ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!! I love the cherry scent so much. I was going to get the original one but when I saw the cherry one I thought I may as well buy it because it will have a scent and it's the exact same price as the original, so in my mind I was getting something kind of 'extra' for the same amount of money.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Katie Price 'Stunning' Perfume VS JoJo Siwa 'Be You' Perfume - Are they the same?

I was browsing on AllBeauty.com and looking at celebrity fragrances and I saw that one was listed for JoJo Siwa. I had heard of JoJo before, but I don’t really know anything about her. I clicked on it out of interest and when I first saw the image of the perfume, I thought maybe the wrong photograph had been uploaded until I clicked on it and saw the description of the perfume. When I first saw the photograph, before I clicked on it to read the description, I instantly thought, that’s Stunning by Katie Price! I looked into it a bit more and compared it to Stunning. The JoJo Siwa “version” is called Be You. Photo Source: Perfume.com Stunning by Katie Price ·          Released in 2007 (12 years ago). ·          Contains the notes; Mandarin Orange, Jasmine & Patchouli. ·          Classed as a floral scent. ·       ...

Benefit Cheek Stars Reunion Tour Palette

I’ve wanted to try the highlighter Cookie from Benefit for ages, but always decided against purchasing a single of it as I always declutter the single boxed powders by Benefit, so I didn’t want to waste money again. Also, I have far too many single highlighters (OFRA ♥) as it is! I kept seeing Beauty Influencers on YouTube use this palette, so I decided to purchase it for myself. You get five full sized powders inside a cute compact palette. You also get a free face brush which also fits inside the palette and a Tips & Tricks Card. You can purchase it for £53.50 ($60.00) from BenefitCosmetics.com. There is also a mini version available of this palette (Cheek Stars Mini Reunion Tour Palette), which includes; Georgia, Sugarbomb and Hoola for £26.00 ($30.00). All five powders are also available in singles and mini/travel singles. Swatch Stencil: Stripes 7 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk Dallas - rosy bronze blush (9g) Sugarbomb - rosy pink blush (7g) Cookie - golden...

Charlotte Tilbury Charlotte Darling Easy Eye Palette

I have another Charlotte Tilbury palette post for you today; I have been on a roll with them! You can definitely tell I am a fan of her eyeshadow formula. There are loads of other CT products I would love to try, but I am slowing down the purchases for now as I do have a confession to make at the end of this post! THE PACKAGING The packaging is made of shiny maroon plastic and it has a short, thin and rectangular shape. It has a metallic gold starburst design across the front. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift up to reveal the rectangular eyeshadow pans arranged in threes across a mirrored gold base. The group names are printed on the back of the palette. The shades don’t really have names, but there is a removable plastic insert included which labels the eyeshadows as 1 Prime, 2 Enhance or 3 Smoke. There is also a mirror on the underside of the lid. THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA You get six 0.9g eyeshadows in Matte (M) and Metallic (ME) finishes.   ·    ...