Skip to main content

Review: Rimmel Wake Me Up

Wake Me Up Foundation
I bought this after seeing the advertisement for it on Rimmel’s Facebook, and I thought the description sounded perfect for me.
The packaging is made of glass and it has a curved shape, with the Rimmel logo and product name printed in the centre on a bit of plastic tape. The cap is a slanted block shape made of plastic and it is a bright orange colour with glitter sparkle. This product has an orange plastic pump, which dispenses the product. All the relevant information is printed on the back, like most products. It is also packaged in a plastic wrapper, with a security tag.
This product is marketed as a foundation that “instantly reawakens skin, with a healthy, radiant glow”. It is also mean’t to be light weight and give a poreless and flawless complexion. It also contains SPF15 for sun protection and illuminating pearls, which is mean’t to give your face a natural glow. It is also mean’t to “bounce your skin back to life” and banish the signs of fatigue and tiredness from the face. It should  stay put for ten hours and to give a natural coverage of medium to full. This product is currently available in six shades.

I have this product in the shade 100 Ivory and it is 30ml. I do like this product, but I have oily skin and I think this product makes me look shiny in an oily way, rather than being a natural radiant glow. I use one full pump and a tiny bit extra, if I use two full pumps it is too much and it emphasises my pores. It is not bad coverage, but I still need to use concealer on any redness. I would say it is medium or less coverage, as it has a thin and creamy consistency, probably because of the SPF15, but that allows it to spread more and evenly, which is why I don’t use so much. It does make my face look more wide awake, which is great seeing as though I don’t get enough sleep (fatigue). It definitely doesn’t last ten hours on me, my face is oily and my face can get very warm during the day, which means it will wear away over time. It doesn’t completely disappear, because it still looks like I have a bright face and I notice a big difference when I wipe it off at night. I feel as though it kind of sinks into my skin, which gives the illusion of it all being there, even though some of it will have disappeared! As for it being poreless and flawless, I don’t think my face will ever look flawless with make-up, until it is without! It does cover up the pores on my nose quite well, but sometimes it can make the little hairs, that you can’t see on a bare face , show up on your cheeks.

Overall I do like this foundation and I did re-purchase a back-up when it was on offer again, but I will be using it up and trying a different foundation that has more matte qualities, to see if that makes the difference in regards of my face appearing shiny.

Rate: 4/5           Re-Purchase: No                Recommend: Yes
Product Link: click here!
RRP Price: £8.99
Where I Got It & How Much For: Morrisons (UK) for £5.99
You Can Buy It At:- Boots (UK), Superdrug (UK)

 Wake Me Up Concealer
This came out a bit after the foundation, so I decided to get it so that they match.
The packaging is made of plastic and the cap is also made of orange plastic, which doesn’t have the glitter like the foundation does. The cap is also the applicator, which is a slanted, dough foot sponge. The product info and logo have worn off mine, so I have inserted another picture from someone else which shows the writing.
This product is marketed as Rimmel’s first full coverage concealer and it is mean’t to “visibly reawaken and illuminate under the eyes” it is also mean’t to “completely cover spots and other blemishes”. It is also mean’t to cover up the signs of fatigue and have a peptide and vitamin moisturising complex. This is available in many shades.

I have this in the shade 010 Ivory and it is 7ml. I quite like this product, but it hasn’t really been working for me lately, plus I am still in love with my other Rimmel concealer. The applicator is really easy to use and the product’s texture is light and creamy, but it feels dryer than the texture of the foundation. It is not bad coverage, but it hasn’t been working for under my eyes lately, because I have not been getting enough sleep, which means the blue/purple tones under my eyes are getting brighter and too bright to completely cover, however that is really my fault. It does cover up redness of spots and redness on my nose quite well, but you can still see where the spots are, but I’m not really bothered, as long as I don’t look like a beetroot! It also looks a bit dry under my eyes and doesn’t feel moisturising. It also settles in small creases very easily, and it does last by covering up discolouration, but that doesn’t matter when it makes the creases under your eyes more prominent! However it does brighten a little and combined with the foundation, you don’t have to worry about signs of fatigue!

Overall it is not a bad concealer, but when I have run out of the foundation, I am going to start using a BB cream. And I have tried this concealer with the BB cream I will be using and they do not match, as the concealer looks orange under my eyes. I also still really love my other Rimmel concealer and I feel it works better for me.

Rate: 3/5           Re-Purchase: No                Recommend: Yes
Product Link: click here!
RRP Price: £5.49
Where I Got It & How Much For: Boots (UK) for £5.99
You Can Buy It At:- Boots (UK), Superdrug (UK)

I hope you found these reviews helpful. I have the Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder and Match Perfection Concealer reviews coming soon, so keep your eyes peeled for those.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jouer Skinny Dip Palette

I first saw this palette when Jouer released their Skinny Dip make-up collection and I nearly bought it, but I changed my mind because I already have a million palettes. As you can see, I have changed my mind again and I am very glad that I did. The packaging is quite compact. It is made out of reflective foil gold cardboard and the typography is simple. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift to reveal a small rectangular mirror on one side and then the six eyeshadow pans on the other. The shade names are written underneath each pan. You get six ultra-foil shimmer eyeshadows in blinding shades with a net weight of 7.5g. The sixth shade is actually described as more of a glitter shade. STAR LIGHT - platinum BIKINI - champagne pink SKINNY DIP - champagne gold TAN LINES - antique bronze MAGIC HOUR - warm taupe MIDNIGHT SWIM - cocoa bronze The eyeshadows should be highly pigmented, have an intense shimmery and metallic finish, be long wearing and cre

BPERFECT Cosmetics X Stacey Marie Carnival III: Love Tahiti Palette - Swatches

Please Note: I mean’t to review this palette a while ago, but didn’t get around to it. I thought I would still share the pictures with you. You can purchase the BPERFECT Cosmetics X Stacey Marie Carnival III: Love Tahiti Palette for £36.95 from BPerfectCosmetics.com . | I purchased this palette for £36.95 from BeautyBay.com | | Swatch Stencil: Stripes Double 36 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk | | M = Matte, ME = Metallic, HPS = High Pigment Shimmer & DSPP = Duo-Shift Pressed Pigment |