Skip to main content

Impulsive Spraying....

Spray me, I’m Impulsive....
This is a review on canned body sprays I have tried and some I still have because I love them. I was initially going to just review the Impulse ones, but I decided to include the Wilko’s ones too as a less expensive option, plus I love one of them.

Impulse
Impulse is a perfume deodorant/body spray brand, which is part of the Unilever brand of products. It was first launched in 1972 in South Africa, but only launched in the UK in 1981. They have a wide range of scents compatible for all females of all ages.

I have also tried Very Pink, but I used it up a while ago and didn’t want to re-purchase it just for this review, but it was a very nice scent, but not one I would re-purchase. I have also tested a Hint of Musk, when I was younger and I didn’t like it! I have also got two other one’s to try, which I will do a separate review on and they are Loving Words and Love Puzzle.
True Love
I first knew of this scent when I received it in a gift set for Christmas a few years ago and from then on I have loved it.

The current can design is a light pink colour with a few small hearts making a big heart.

The scent notes are:-

Freesias, Muguet & Amber Notes

It smells really clean, fresh and girly and I can really smell the freesia. It also smells quite fruity to me. The scent lasts quite a while, because it is very strong but not overpowering, but sadly it does not last all day. It is currently my second favourite Impulse scent.

I will always re-purchase this one, until it is discontinued. I have bought it several times and I have three back-ups at the moment because I buy quite a few when they are on offer.

Price - £1.99     Rating - 5/5
Recommend - Yes        Re-Purchase - Yes
Available at - Boots, Superdrug

Goddess
I first found this scent whilst I was shopping and I just happened to see that Impulse was on offer and I already had back-ups of True Love, so I decided to try something different, so I chose this one. I first smelled it when I got home, and I fell in LOVE!

The can design is similar to True Love, but it is a warm yellow gold colour and the big heart is made up of smaller hearts and jewels.

The scent notes are:-

Citrus, Jasmine, Gardenia & Pear

It smells really fruity and you get the hint of the floral notes and I think I can smell the pear. From my experience Impulse body sprays last the same amount of time, this one is no exception. This is not as strong as true love, but it is more sophisticated and it is my favourite Impulse scent ever, so it is just my luck that it has been discontinued! L

I would love to keep re-purchasing this, but unfortunately it has been discontinued! If you are lucky enough you may come across it in discount stores or some supermarkets, but eventually there will be no more stock left! L

Price - £1.99     Rating - 5/5
Recommend - Yes        Re-Purchase - Yes
Available at - DISCONTINUED!


Into Glamour
I first smelled this when I received a gift set a few years ago. I was initially disappointed because I wanted it to be a True Love set, but after smelling it I was truly grateful.

The can is all one colour and it is a very nice royal kind of dark blue. The large heart is made up of small diamonds. I also think it’s the nicest can Impulse has other than the newer ones, such as, Very Pink, Love Puzzle and Loving Words.

The scent notes are:-

Citrus, Floral, Woody, Pepper, Amber & White Honey

It smells quite citrusy and floral and I think I can smell the amber and white honey. To me it is a kind of night scent and it’s not sweet and to me it’s quite masculine scent, but it still smells girly. It’s not a typical Impulse scent! This lasts the same as the other two and it is my third favourite Impulse scent.

I would re-purchase it if I fancied a change, but that might not be for a while.

Price - £1.99     Rating - 5/5
Recommend - Yes        Re-Purchase - Yes
Available at - Boots, Superdrug

Wilko
Wilko is a name given to own branded products from the UK superstore Wilkinson’s. Wilkinson’s have a wide range of home products, and their own body sprays, which are inexpensive, but I actually quite like them. They are a less expensive alternative to Impulse.
Dreamy
I came across this scent when I was younger and my Mum would buy a mixture of body sprays and put them in a box and me and Sister would go and get one out when we needed a new one, so I ended up choosing this one time and I have liked it ever since.

The can is all one hot pink/fuchsia colour and it has a funky silver pattern near the end of it.

The scent notes are:-

Orange, Jasmine, Lily, Neroli & Coconut

To me it smells really fresh, feminine and fruity, but I can also smell some floral hints. It is quite a strong scent and it lasts quite a while, but again not all day. This is currently my favourite Wilko body spray.

I will be definitely re-purchasing this again soon, like I have done for a few years now!

WILKO BODY SPRAY IN DREAMY
Price - 49p        Rating - 4/5
Recommend - Yes        Re-Purchase - Yes
Available at - Wilkinson

Passion
The story of this scent is the same as above, apart from I am not so keen on it anymore.

The can is a silver colour with pink circular patterns at end. It also has a light dusty pink lid.

I cannot find the scent notes for this body spray but Wilko describe it as being delicate, fresh, feminine, fruity, florally and breezy.

Although I cannot find the scent notes, I know for definite that it has hints of musk because that’s the more prominent note, which makes it easily detectable if you know what musk smells like. I can also smell the slight hints of fruitiness and it also smells clean and fresh and it does come across as slightly delicate. It lasts about the same amount of time as Dreamy, but maybe less because it is not as strong scented.

I don’t think I will be re-purchasing this scent again because I prefer Dreamy, but I still really like this one!

WILKO BODY SPRAY IN PASSION
Price - 49p        Rating - 4/5
Recommend - Yes        Re-Purchase - No
Available at - Wilkinson

The easiest way to decide if you want to purchase these body sprays is to go to the shop and smell them for yourselves because it is all about personal preference!

I hope you didn’t get too bored reading these reviews, and more will be coming soon!

Thanks J

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jouer Skinny Dip Palette

I first saw this palette when Jouer released their Skinny Dip make-up collection and I nearly bought it, but I changed my mind because I already have a million palettes. As you can see, I have changed my mind again and I am very glad that I did. The packaging is quite compact. It is made out of reflective foil gold cardboard and the typography is simple. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift to reveal a small rectangular mirror on one side and then the six eyeshadow pans on the other. The shade names are written underneath each pan. You get six ultra-foil shimmer eyeshadows in blinding shades with a net weight of 7.5g. The sixth shade is actually described as more of a glitter shade. STAR LIGHT - platinum BIKINI - champagne pink SKINNY DIP - champagne gold TAN LINES - antique bronze MAGIC HOUR - warm taupe MIDNIGHT SWIM - cocoa bronze The eyeshadows should be highly pigmented, have an intense shimmery and metallic finish, be long wearing and cre

KALEIDOS Space Age Highlighters

A few posts ago I mentioned that I purchased a Kaleidos Space Age Highlighter from Depop and I said I really wanted the whole collection (8 highlighters) and was considering purchasing the whole bundle. The bundle was and is still out of stock, so I caved in and went for the second best option. I ended up purchasing The Six Highlighter Bundle, where you choose six of the shades and you get their Precision Highlighter Brush, all for $76.00 (£60.70). With this option I would only be missing out on one shade. My order was shipped from China and took 10 days to get to me. The shipping was FREE as I spent over $70.00 and I wasn’t charged any customs fees. Inside the main package is the bright bundle box, it looks like a present/gift. When you open this up, the highlighters and brush are inside the metallic padded envelope. I already own the shade Ray Rider (N03) (champagne sheen with a peach hint). Click HERE to read my first impressions of it and see a swatch. Please forgi

Zoella Beauty!

Zoe Sugg a.k.a Zoella has now launched her brand new beauty/girly collection! When I first heard she was going to launch products, I instantly thought it would be make-up, I was wrong. The products do reflect her personality and maybe in time she may release make-up too. Here is a list of the whole collection so far:- Blissful Mistful Fragrance Body Mist (45ml) - £8.00 Fizz Bar Bath Bomb (200g) - £5.00 Creamy Madly Dreamy Body Lotion (160ml) - £5.00 Soak Opera Bath/Shower Cream (490ml) - £5.00 Let’s Glow Candle - £5.00 Guinea Pig Beauty Bag - £8.00 Zoella Eyes Beauty Bag - £8.00 The products look and sound very interesting and the design is beautiful and so Zoe! I would have loved to have bought everything, but I only bought the items I knew I would use. I picked up two products overall and they are the perfume and a make-up bag. Blissful Mistful The bottle for this is stunning! It is cubed shaped and is made of transparent glass. On the back of