Skip to main content

Empties #3 - December 2012

This is my last Empties post of the year and it is only the third one I have ever done, but I hope to use up a lot more products in the new year as I am having my bedroom re-decorated and I don’t want my draws cluttered with products, especially products I have no intention of re-purchasing.

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation – 30ml
I am the shade 100 Ivory, and this was my first bottle. I really liked this foundation and have already re-purchased it, but I will be trying a different foundation when my second bottle has run out. I have already reviewed this foundation, as well as the matching concealer so click here to read the reviews.
£8.99 – click here!

Dove Invisible Dry Deodorant – 150ml
I am still using this type, but I have purchased a different one to see if it’s the same, because it is cheaper than Dove.
£3.69 – click here!

Soap & Glory Clear Here Moisture Lotion – 50ml
I was using this product at night and it was very cooling and smelt really nice. I don’t think it really did anything for my pores or help with oil control, but my face did feel smoother. I will not be re-purchasing because I’m going to try out a different brand for my skincare, plus I have one more Soap & Glory moisturiser to finish using.
£9 – click here!

Benefit BADgal Lash Mascara – 4g Sample Size
I had this in the black shade and didn’t take me long to use up this mascara because it starts to dry out quite fast, which is very annoying but I did enjoy using it. I will not be re-purchasing it because I have tried a lot cheaper mascaras that do the same thing and some are better. I won’t go into full details on this mascara because I will be doing a review on it in the New Year.
£16.50 – click here!

Morrisons Daily Care Mouthwash in Cool Mint – 500ml
I have used up yet another bottle of this and I am currently working my way through another, but I will be looking at other ones to try out.
49p – no link can be found!

e.l.f Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara – 2.5g
This is not a bad product at all. It has two sides, but both are actually the same in my opinion and it’s a shame it is not in one tube because it would look sleeker. It is cheap and it works, what more can I really say? I already have a back-up and a review on this product will be posted sometime next year.
£1.50 – click here!

e.l.f Eyelid Primer – 17oz
This is a good primer, but not the best and I already have another one to use up, but once that has gone I will not be re-purchasing it! A review of this product will be posted at some point in the new year, along with better alternatives I have tried
£1.50 – click here!

Tesco Baby Ultra Soft Fragranced Wipes (alcohol free) – 64 Wipes
I got these because they were on a 3 for 2 offer. I just used them to wipe my make-up off before I wash my face. This was my last packet and I just re-purchase wipes when it is convenient, meaning if I have run out and happen to be in a shop that sells them, I pick some up.
98p – click here!

Soap & Glory Clean On Me Shower Gel – 500ml
This was my second bottle and it is a nice scent, but I prefer the Mist You Madly scent, whose shower gel form is called Clean Girls. But for Christmas I ended up with two brand new bottles of shower gel from Soap & Glory in Clean On Me and Foam Call. I will not re-purchase, but I have a feeling by the time I have used them all up it will be Christmas again and I will have more, but it means I will no longer need to buy shower gel!
£5.50 – click here!

Impulse True Love Body Spray – 75ml
This is my second favourite Impulse scent and I have been using it for a couple of years now. I have had several cans of this and will probably continue to re-purchase it until it discontinues or my number one favourite is brought back!
£1.99 – click here!

Soap & Glory Feel Good Factor SPF25 Moisture Lotion – 50ml
I used this in the morning, after my cleanser and I quite liked it, but I think a basic and cheaper moisturiser would be just as good. It was like applying sun cream and that is what it smelt like. It was thicker than the Clear Here moisturiser and I think it would be better suited for someone living in a hotter climate, because in England we go through the seasons quite quick and when it is Summer it is mostly not very hot and I live fifteen minutes’ walk away from a beach!
£12 – click here!

Vera Wang Lovestruck eau de parfum – 1.2ml Sample Size
I quite liked this perfume and I used it up Boxing Day because Christmas morning at about 2am I heard Boots had already started their online Christmas sale on Christmas Eve, so I rushed to see what was left and the only thing that was left that was on my list was this perfume in a 30ml gift set, I bought it then and there, but I need to pick it up at the weekend because it was delivered to my local store. A review of this perfume will also be coming up.
£35 – click here!

Urban Decay Primer Potion – 3.7ml Sample Size
I got this free with my Naked Palette and I already had a full size before that, which I still have. I really liked this primer and I will be reviewing the primers I have tried sometime in the New Year, so I can find out once and for all which one works better for me. At the moment I think the winner is Urban Decay, but I don’t know whether it’s because the packaging is cute and it’s purple or whether it is just that good, but I hate the price! I’m having this debate because I want to make sure the review will be on point, plus my sister Grace hates this primer, but she loves Too Faced Shadow Insurance. But until my review is done I will just have to make do with the full size I already have, as well as the sample size of sin I got with my Vegan Palette!
£14.50 – click here!

I’ll see you next year for another Empties post at the end of January, hopefully with a lot more varied products!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jouer Skinny Dip Palette

I first saw this palette when Jouer released their Skinny Dip make-up collection and I nearly bought it, but I changed my mind because I already have a million palettes. As you can see, I have changed my mind again and I am very glad that I did. The packaging is quite compact. It is made out of reflective foil gold cardboard and the typography is simple. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift to reveal a small rectangular mirror on one side and then the six eyeshadow pans on the other. The shade names are written underneath each pan. You get six ultra-foil shimmer eyeshadows in blinding shades with a net weight of 7.5g. The sixth shade is actually described as more of a glitter shade. STAR LIGHT - platinum BIKINI - champagne pink SKINNY DIP - champagne gold TAN LINES - antique bronze MAGIC HOUR - warm taupe MIDNIGHT SWIM - cocoa bronze The eyeshadows should be highly pigmented, have an intense shimmery and metallic finish, be long wearing and cre

KALEIDOS Space Age Highlighters

A few posts ago I mentioned that I purchased a Kaleidos Space Age Highlighter from Depop and I said I really wanted the whole collection (8 highlighters) and was considering purchasing the whole bundle. The bundle was and is still out of stock, so I caved in and went for the second best option. I ended up purchasing The Six Highlighter Bundle, where you choose six of the shades and you get their Precision Highlighter Brush, all for $76.00 (£60.70). With this option I would only be missing out on one shade. My order was shipped from China and took 10 days to get to me. The shipping was FREE as I spent over $70.00 and I wasn’t charged any customs fees. Inside the main package is the bright bundle box, it looks like a present/gift. When you open this up, the highlighters and brush are inside the metallic padded envelope. I already own the shade Ray Rider (N03) (champagne sheen with a peach hint). Click HERE to read my first impressions of it and see a swatch. Please forgi

BPERFECT Cosmetics X Stacey Marie Carnival III: Love Tahiti Palette - Swatches

Please Note: I mean’t to review this palette a while ago, but didn’t get around to it. I thought I would still share the pictures with you. You can purchase the BPERFECT Cosmetics X Stacey Marie Carnival III: Love Tahiti Palette for £36.95 from BPerfectCosmetics.com . | I purchased this palette for £36.95 from BeautyBay.com | | Swatch Stencil: Stripes Double 36 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk | | M = Matte, ME = Metallic, HPS = High Pigment Shimmer & DSPP = Duo-Shift Pressed Pigment |