Skip to main content

Empties #4 - January 2013


Welcome to my first Empties post of the year! I’ve not really used much up because I have been trying to review things before using them up, but so far I’ve been slow on both tasks. Hopefully there will be new and more things next month!

e.l.f Tone Correcting Concealer – 2.4g
I had this concealer in two shades, Ivory and Rosy Beige. It wasn’t a bad concealer, I actually mixed both the shades, but they didn’t do enough for me coverage wise and lasting power. But for the price this concealer is great!
£1.50 – click here!

Soap & Glory FOAM Call Body Wash – 500ml
I bought this last year from my local Boots because I wanted to try all of Soap & Glory’s body washes, because they are so lovely. I do like this one and it is from the Fruitigo fragrance line, but the body washes last forever, so I got bored of the scent! I have a back-up that I got for Christmas though, but I will be using a Vera Wang shower gel before I start using Soap & Glory Clean Girls body wash. I’m sure this product will feature in an Empties post again this year though.
£6.50 – click here!

Katie Price Stunning Perfume (eau de parfum) – 30ml
I have finally used this up! I have had it for about two years and I really like it and have already re-purchased it. However I kind of regret re-purchasing it, because although I like it and think it smells lovely, it is still not my favourite
£19.50 – click here!

SchÜlke Desderman® International Disinfectant Hand Gel – 50ml
I got this for free when I worked at a Dental Practice. It is a very strong hand gel and it is not very good for your nails, but I needed to use it up. Plus I can now start using the Soap & Glory hand gels I bought. There is nothing special about this product; it was just what was available to me at the time, as the Dental Practice I worked at used the Desderman brand for hand disinfectant.
£1 or FREE – click here!

Morrisons Daily Care Mouthwash in Cool Mint – 500ml
As you can see, I am still using this type and I keep forgetting to check others out when I go out to purchase one.
49p – no link can be found!

Morrisons Large Oval Cotton Wool Pads (100% Cotton) – 50 Pads
This was my second packet of these and I have one packet left to use up.
40p – no link can be found!

Vera Wang Lovestruck Silky Shower Gel – 75ml
This shower gel smells exactly like the matching perfume. It smelt really nice when I used it in the shower, but you need to use quite a bit so that it lathers really good. Sadly the scent doesn’t last on your skin when you are out of the shower. Also as you may be able to see the packaging is a total mess because when the packaging gets wet the colouring peels off, which is very annoying because it gets everywhere!
£10 – click here!

Alberto Balsam Flexible Hold Hairspray – 300ml
I have had this hairspray for a few years now and I only used it if I plaited my hair, which was not very often. But a while before the end of last year, I started to get into the routine of using heat protectant on my hair before straightening and then when my hair was straight I sprayed it with hairspray, which resulted in my first ever bottle being empty, AT LAST! It is not a bad product at all, it doesn’t make your hair feel dry or clump together like most cheap hairsprays and it does hold your hair in place. I have had to purchase a different one because I couldn’t find this one, but I’ll keep looking for it.
£1.39 – click here!

Nivea Invisible For Black & White 48h Clear Anti-Perspirant Deodorant – 250ml
This is the first time this product has been featured in one of my Empties posts and I really like it. It is exactly the same if not better than the Dove deodorant I was using before. I thought this deodorant would turn out to be cheaper than the Dove, but there is not much difference in the price, but I have noticed this deodorant is sold at various prices and the cheapest I have seen is at Superdrug for £2.09. I have actually used up two cans, but I couldn’t find the other one for the picture.
£2--£4 – click here!

Katy Perry ‘Purr’ eau de parfum – 1.2ml Sample Size
I have recently purchased this in the full 100ml size for £22 from CheapSmells.com and I really love it and the bottle is gorgeous and can still be used as décor even when the perfume has run out. I also love the sample vile because it still carries the Purr theme, unlike most samples that come in a plain plastic vile with just a fancy font for the name. I will definitely be doing a review on this perfume very soon.
£29.99 – click here!

T-Zone Clear Pore Anti-bacterial Cleanser – 200ml
This wasn’t a bad cleanser, but it was not enough for my skin as I still had visible clogged pores. I am currently trying out a different cleanser and hopefully it works for me.
£2.99 – click here!

Soap & Glory The Righteous Butter Body Moisturiser – 150ml
I have finally managed to use this up! I have had it over a year now and it is the smaller size, and I also have four more full sized Soap & Glory body butters to use up. It is quite thick and very moisturising and I do love that it comes in a tub, but the product gets under my fingernails when I scoop it out, which I do not like. It has the S&P Original Pink scent and I am now so bored of this scent and I am also trying to use up my collection before Christmas when I will probably receive more S&P products.
£10.50 – click here!

Thank you for reading J

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jouer Skinny Dip Palette

I first saw this palette when Jouer released their Skinny Dip make-up collection and I nearly bought it, but I changed my mind because I already have a million palettes. As you can see, I have changed my mind again and I am very glad that I did. The packaging is quite compact. It is made out of reflective foil gold cardboard and the typography is simple. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift to reveal a small rectangular mirror on one side and then the six eyeshadow pans on the other. The shade names are written underneath each pan. You get six ultra-foil shimmer eyeshadows in blinding shades with a net weight of 7.5g. The sixth shade is actually described as more of a glitter shade. STAR LIGHT - platinum BIKINI - champagne pink SKINNY DIP - champagne gold TAN LINES - antique bronze MAGIC HOUR - warm taupe MIDNIGHT SWIM - cocoa bronze The eyeshadows should be highly pigmented, have an intense shimmery and metallic finish, be long wearing and cre

KALEIDOS Space Age Highlighters

A few posts ago I mentioned that I purchased a Kaleidos Space Age Highlighter from Depop and I said I really wanted the whole collection (8 highlighters) and was considering purchasing the whole bundle. The bundle was and is still out of stock, so I caved in and went for the second best option. I ended up purchasing The Six Highlighter Bundle, where you choose six of the shades and you get their Precision Highlighter Brush, all for $76.00 (£60.70). With this option I would only be missing out on one shade. My order was shipped from China and took 10 days to get to me. The shipping was FREE as I spent over $70.00 and I wasn’t charged any customs fees. Inside the main package is the bright bundle box, it looks like a present/gift. When you open this up, the highlighters and brush are inside the metallic padded envelope. I already own the shade Ray Rider (N03) (champagne sheen with a peach hint). Click HERE to read my first impressions of it and see a swatch. Please forgi

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil

I received this product as part of the Oz: The Great and Powerful Theodora Palette, which also includes a lipgloss crayon. I am going to review this product as a whole, even though I only have it in one shade. This looks like a standard eyeliner pencil, but the design is a lot nicer looking. The majority of them have the silver lid, but I have noticed that a couple of the shades have a different colour lid. Each barrel of each pencil is a different colour, to clearly show the colour of each shade. Zero is a soft black shade and it is not the darkest black Urban Decay do. This shade is part of the regular line and mine is the 0.8g sample size, the full sized product is 1.2g. Like the majority of pencil eyeliners, you have to sharpen it to dispense more product and the formula is smooth and creamy. This eyeliner is supposed to be creamy, long lasting, waterproof, highly pigmented and velvety soft. It is also said to contain moisturising ingredients, which makes it very safe f