Skip to main content

Empties #5 - February 2013


I haven’t used too much up this month, but I am getting there. I actually have a few reviews planned which will hopefully be posted in March, which means I can start using up more make-up related products instead of just bath and body stuff.

Soap & Glory Peaches & Clean Deep Cleansing Milk – 200ml
I am still using this as my night cleanser and I still love it. There is no need for me to re-purchase one because I received one in a gift set at Christmas! Although I have noticed that if I don’t use it one night, my skin is terrible the next day and I think it happens because my skin is so used to the product now, but I don’t know whether that is a good thing or a bad thing. I am still going to carry on using though and try to use it every day instead of being lazy!
£7 – click here!

Morrisons Large Oval Cotton Wool Pads (100% Cotton) – 50 Pads
This was my third and last packet of these. I will probably just re-purchase any type when I go shopping. I will not be showing a packet for this type of product again because I now keep them in a container so there is no need for me to still have the packet and I don’t really want to save the empty packet until I have run out of them, just to show it in an Empties post!
40p – no link can be found!

Morrisons Daily Care Mouthwash in Cool Mint – 500ml
I’ve still been using this sort, but I re-purchased a different one to try out because I came across it whilst shopping when I needed one and thought, why not?
53p – no link can be found!

Macleans Confidence Anti-bacterial Mouth Spray – 15ml
I decided to buy this when it was on offer at £1 and I really like using it. When I first used it the taste was horrible, but obviously over time you must get used to the taste because I now can’t remember why I thought it tasted bad. It is definitely a good product but it is a bit expensive for what it is. I recently bought Morrisons own one and they are good but not as strong as this one. Plus I have a problem with the spray on the Morrison one because it has decided not to work, which means I cannot use it. So at the weekend I think I might buy more of this Macleans one.
£2.31 – click here!

Soap & Glory Hand Food – 125ml
I have had this tube nearly two years and have now finally used it up! I now have another tube and a bigger size in pump form to use up! I did like this hand cream but I preferred to use it a night time because it is quite thick. It smells really nice and is really smooth. I just wish Soap & Glory had this with other beneficial properties, such as, nail care. I am now trying to use up a Vaseline hand cream I have and then I am going to open my second tube of this hand cream.
£5 – click here!

Nivea Invisible For Black & White 48h Clear Anti-Perspirant Deodorant – 150ml
This is the smaller size and I still like this product and have just recently re-purchased it in the bigger size.
£2 to £4 – click here!

Morrisons Savers Shaving Foam – 250ml
This is just a basic shaving foam and it works and is very inexpensive. I have already re-purchased it and have been using it for years.
49p – no link can be found!

Home Bargains My Baby Wipes (Fragrance Free) – 72 Wipes
These wipes are actually unbranded, but you can find them in Home Bargains. They are just basic baby wipes that work and are cheap and easy to buy. I just bought them because they were convenient at the time. I am currently working my way through a second packet. I just tend to buy any baby wipes I see when I need them. I use them to remove my make-up before I wash and cleanse my face at night.
39p – no link can be found!

Soap & Glory Hand Maid Hand Cleansing Gel – 50ml
I really love this hand gel and I definitely used it quite quick compared to the hand gel in my January Empties. This one smells really nice and I have noticed I am using it all the time, which could have something to do with the scent and the fact that you don’t need to use too much because it spreads quite far and easily sinks in and leaves your hands lightly scented and germ free. I already had two more tubes of this and will continue re-purchasing when I have ran out. I just wish they did a bigger size in a pump to match the Soap & Glory hand food hand cream and wash your hands of it hand wash.
£2.50 – click here!

Don’t forget to look out for some reviews next month and maybe a nail polish collection post.

Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jouer Skinny Dip Palette

I first saw this palette when Jouer released their Skinny Dip make-up collection and I nearly bought it, but I changed my mind because I already have a million palettes. As you can see, I have changed my mind again and I am very glad that I did. The packaging is quite compact. It is made out of reflective foil gold cardboard and the typography is simple. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift to reveal a small rectangular mirror on one side and then the six eyeshadow pans on the other. The shade names are written underneath each pan. You get six ultra-foil shimmer eyeshadows in blinding shades with a net weight of 7.5g. The sixth shade is actually described as more of a glitter shade. STAR LIGHT - platinum BIKINI - champagne pink SKINNY DIP - champagne gold TAN LINES - antique bronze MAGIC HOUR - warm taupe MIDNIGHT SWIM - cocoa bronze The eyeshadows should be highly pigmented, have an intense shimmery and metallic finish, be long wearing and cre

KALEIDOS Space Age Highlighters

A few posts ago I mentioned that I purchased a Kaleidos Space Age Highlighter from Depop and I said I really wanted the whole collection (8 highlighters) and was considering purchasing the whole bundle. The bundle was and is still out of stock, so I caved in and went for the second best option. I ended up purchasing The Six Highlighter Bundle, where you choose six of the shades and you get their Precision Highlighter Brush, all for $76.00 (£60.70). With this option I would only be missing out on one shade. My order was shipped from China and took 10 days to get to me. The shipping was FREE as I spent over $70.00 and I wasn’t charged any customs fees. Inside the main package is the bright bundle box, it looks like a present/gift. When you open this up, the highlighters and brush are inside the metallic padded envelope. I already own the shade Ray Rider (N03) (champagne sheen with a peach hint). Click HERE to read my first impressions of it and see a swatch. Please forgi

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil

I received this product as part of the Oz: The Great and Powerful Theodora Palette, which also includes a lipgloss crayon. I am going to review this product as a whole, even though I only have it in one shade. This looks like a standard eyeliner pencil, but the design is a lot nicer looking. The majority of them have the silver lid, but I have noticed that a couple of the shades have a different colour lid. Each barrel of each pencil is a different colour, to clearly show the colour of each shade. Zero is a soft black shade and it is not the darkest black Urban Decay do. This shade is part of the regular line and mine is the 0.8g sample size, the full sized product is 1.2g. Like the majority of pencil eyeliners, you have to sharpen it to dispense more product and the formula is smooth and creamy. This eyeliner is supposed to be creamy, long lasting, waterproof, highly pigmented and velvety soft. It is also said to contain moisturising ingredients, which makes it very safe f