Skip to main content

e.l.f Studio Cream Eyeliners

A while back I decided I wanted to try a different type of eyeliner because liquid wasn’t working so well for me, so I decided to look into cream/gel eyeliners. I had heard about the e.l.f one before and decided I would give it ago, plus I was already into e.l.f products and I had never experienced anything negative from the brand.
I’ve tried four shades and they are Black, which is a dark charcoal black, Coffee, which is a matte medium toned coffee brown and Punk Purple, which is a metallic deep royal. I had to throw all three away for reasons I will explain.
The packaging is a cube shaped clear plastic container with a black plastic lid. You have to twist the lid to get it off and it is mean’t to be air tight. You also get a free small angled eyeliner brush with each shade. The formula is dryer than gel eyeliners because it is cream based and the formula is not really glossy looking. You get 4.7g of product in each container.

This product is mean’t to give you smooth, defined and precise lines and it is mean’t to be smudge-proof, budge-proof and water resistant, as well as combating against sweat, tears and rain.

When you first use it, the product is brilliant. It is creamy, smooth, defining and precise and has great pigmentation. The downside is that it doesn’t take long for the product to dry out and shrink. One day the container is full and then it is barely there. I only used mine a couple of times before that happened. Even when it was at it’s best, I still wouldn’t say it was completely smudge-proof, budge-proof and water resistant. Also, the purple shade arrived cracked so the whole thing fell out as a dry purple lump! The brush that is included is ok, but it is very small if you are not used to doing your eyeliner with a brush, especially an angled brush.

Overall, it starts out as a perfect cream eyeliner and then gradually disappears, literally! The shade selection is brilliant, but my experiences with all three of mine have put me off completely.

Price - £3.75     Rating - 3/5
Recommend - Yes        Re-Purchase - No
Available at - eyeslipsface.co.uk, eyeslipsface.com, Target

I hope you found this review helpful and please let me know your thoughts on this product below.

Thanks. Bye! J

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Katie Price 'Stunning' Perfume VS JoJo Siwa 'Be You' Perfume - Are they the same?

I was browsing on AllBeauty.com and looking at celebrity fragrances and I saw that one was listed for JoJo Siwa. I had heard of JoJo before, but I don’t really know anything about her. I clicked on it out of interest and when I first saw the image of the perfume, I thought maybe the wrong photograph had been uploaded until I clicked on it and saw the description of the perfume. When I first saw the photograph, before I clicked on it to read the description, I instantly thought, that’s Stunning by Katie Price! I looked into it a bit more and compared it to Stunning. The JoJo Siwa “version” is called Be You. Photo Source: Perfume.com Stunning by Katie Price ·          Released in 2007 (12 years ago). ·          Contains the notes; Mandarin Orange, Jasmine & Patchouli. ·          Classed as a floral scent. ·       ...

Benefit Cheek Stars Reunion Tour Palette

I’ve wanted to try the highlighter Cookie from Benefit for ages, but always decided against purchasing a single of it as I always declutter the single boxed powders by Benefit, so I didn’t want to waste money again. Also, I have far too many single highlighters (OFRA ♥) as it is! I kept seeing Beauty Influencers on YouTube use this palette, so I decided to purchase it for myself. You get five full sized powders inside a cute compact palette. You also get a free face brush which also fits inside the palette and a Tips & Tricks Card. You can purchase it for £53.50 ($60.00) from BenefitCosmetics.com. There is also a mini version available of this palette (Cheek Stars Mini Reunion Tour Palette), which includes; Georgia, Sugarbomb and Hoola for £26.00 ($30.00). All five powders are also available in singles and mini/travel singles. Swatch Stencil: Stripes 7 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk Dallas - rosy bronze blush (9g) Sugarbomb - rosy pink blush (7g) Cookie - golden...

Charlotte Tilbury Charlotte Darling Easy Eye Palette

I have another Charlotte Tilbury palette post for you today; I have been on a roll with them! You can definitely tell I am a fan of her eyeshadow formula. There are loads of other CT products I would love to try, but I am slowing down the purchases for now as I do have a confession to make at the end of this post! THE PACKAGING The packaging is made of shiny maroon plastic and it has a short, thin and rectangular shape. It has a metallic gold starburst design across the front. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift up to reveal the rectangular eyeshadow pans arranged in threes across a mirrored gold base. The group names are printed on the back of the palette. The shades don’t really have names, but there is a removable plastic insert included which labels the eyeshadows as 1 Prime, 2 Enhance or 3 Smoke. There is also a mirror on the underside of the lid. THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA You get six 0.9g eyeshadows in Matte (M) and Metallic (ME) finishes.   ·    ...