Skip to main content

e.l.f Studio Cream Eyeliners

A while back I decided I wanted to try a different type of eyeliner because liquid wasn’t working so well for me, so I decided to look into cream/gel eyeliners. I had heard about the e.l.f one before and decided I would give it ago, plus I was already into e.l.f products and I had never experienced anything negative from the brand.
I’ve tried four shades and they are Black, which is a dark charcoal black, Coffee, which is a matte medium toned coffee brown and Punk Purple, which is a metallic deep royal. I had to throw all three away for reasons I will explain.
The packaging is a cube shaped clear plastic container with a black plastic lid. You have to twist the lid to get it off and it is mean’t to be air tight. You also get a free small angled eyeliner brush with each shade. The formula is dryer than gel eyeliners because it is cream based and the formula is not really glossy looking. You get 4.7g of product in each container.

This product is mean’t to give you smooth, defined and precise lines and it is mean’t to be smudge-proof, budge-proof and water resistant, as well as combating against sweat, tears and rain.

When you first use it, the product is brilliant. It is creamy, smooth, defining and precise and has great pigmentation. The downside is that it doesn’t take long for the product to dry out and shrink. One day the container is full and then it is barely there. I only used mine a couple of times before that happened. Even when it was at it’s best, I still wouldn’t say it was completely smudge-proof, budge-proof and water resistant. Also, the purple shade arrived cracked so the whole thing fell out as a dry purple lump! The brush that is included is ok, but it is very small if you are not used to doing your eyeliner with a brush, especially an angled brush.

Overall, it starts out as a perfect cream eyeliner and then gradually disappears, literally! The shade selection is brilliant, but my experiences with all three of mine have put me off completely.

Price - £3.75     Rating - 3/5
Recommend - Yes        Re-Purchase - No
Available at - eyeslipsface.co.uk, eyeslipsface.com, Target

I hope you found this review helpful and please let me know your thoughts on this product below.

Thanks. Bye! J

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jouer Skinny Dip Palette

I first saw this palette when Jouer released their Skinny Dip make-up collection and I nearly bought it, but I changed my mind because I already have a million palettes. As you can see, I have changed my mind again and I am very glad that I did. The packaging is quite compact. It is made out of reflective foil gold cardboard and the typography is simple. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift to reveal a small rectangular mirror on one side and then the six eyeshadow pans on the other. The shade names are written underneath each pan. You get six ultra-foil shimmer eyeshadows in blinding shades with a net weight of 7.5g. The sixth shade is actually described as more of a glitter shade. STAR LIGHT - platinum BIKINI - champagne pink SKINNY DIP - champagne gold TAN LINES - antique bronze MAGIC HOUR - warm taupe MIDNIGHT SWIM - cocoa bronze The eyeshadows should be highly pigmented, have an intense shimmery and metallic finish, be long wearing and cre

BPERFECT Cosmetics X Stacey Marie Carnival III: Love Tahiti Palette - Swatches

Please Note: I mean’t to review this palette a while ago, but didn’t get around to it. I thought I would still share the pictures with you. You can purchase the BPERFECT Cosmetics X Stacey Marie Carnival III: Love Tahiti Palette for £36.95 from BPerfectCosmetics.com . | I purchased this palette for £36.95 from BeautyBay.com | | Swatch Stencil: Stripes Double 36 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk | | M = Matte, ME = Metallic, HPS = High Pigment Shimmer & DSPP = Duo-Shift Pressed Pigment |

Review: Rimmel Wake Me Up

Wake Me Up Foundation I bought this after seeing the advertisement for it on Rimmel’s Facebook, and I thought the description sounded perfect for me. The packaging is made of glass and it has a curved shape, with the Rimmel logo and product name printed in the centre on a bit of plastic tape. The cap is a slanted block shape made of plastic and it is a bright orange colour with glitter sparkle. This product has an orange plastic pump, which dispenses the product. All the relevant information is printed on the back, like most products. It is also packaged in a plastic wrapper, with a security tag. This product is marketed as a foundation that “instantly reawakens skin, with a healthy, radiant glow”. It is also mean’t to be light weight and give a poreless and flawless complexion. It also contains SPF15 for sun protection and illuminating pearls, which is mean’t to give your face a natural glow. It is also mean’t to “bounce your skin back to life” and banish the signs of fat