Skip to main content

Glossybox #22 - March 2016

I have been looking forward to receiving this box, not because of sneak peeks (I actually haven't seen any) it’s because I used my Glossydots to purchase it. It can take ages to save the points, plus I don’t really like doing the reviews, but it is worth it to get a ‘free’ box once in a while. Here is what I got this month:-

LUXIE Rose Gold Large Angled Face Brush (504)
| Full Size |
This is a lovely looking brush and the bristles are so soft. I am looking forward to giving it ago. I will most likely use it for bronzer or maybe highlighter.
--- £10.42 ---

OLAY Regenerist Skin Tone Perfecting Cream
| 7ml - Sample |
This is a cute little sample and it smells really nice.
--- £29.99 - 50ml ---

Hey Honey Good Morning Honey Silk Facial Serum
| 15ml - Sample |
I’ve not heard of this brand before and the packaging is nice. You have to cut the top of the applicator to open it, which will keep the product nice and fresh until you want to start using it.
--- £28.81 - 30ml ---

-417 Catharsis Vitamin Mineral Shampoo & Conditioner
| 40ml - Samples |
I’ve not heard of this brand before either and both samples smell really nice. They do sound quite interesting and would be good to test whilst travelling.
--- £16.89 - 250ml ---

COLLECTION Speedy Highlighter in Pearl Sheen (01)
| 5g - Full Size |
This product smells odd and I do like the idea behind it. I think the shade is slight too light and neutral for me, it doesn’t really show up on my skin when swatched. Plus I don’t think the texture is creamy enough to apply over foundation and powders. I suppose I will have to give it ago to find out.
--- £3.99 ---

I have been gradually unsubscribing from beauty boxes and have now decided that this will be my last Glossybox, for a while anyway. I love receiving them, but I receive a range of products and the majority of them don’t get used. I feel like that in every beauty box post, I say I don’t like certain products; lipglosses, lip balms, all hair products, body products (lotions, creams etc), face products (creams, foundation samples etc), and these are the types of products that are always included in all types of beauty boxes. I’m basically subscribed on the off chance that I might receive a good make-up product (mascara, pink lipstick, eyeliner etc) or perfume samples. If you add up what I have had and what I’ve actually kept/use, it is a complete waste of money! This isn’t the company’s fault, it’s mine because I am a make-up and perfume junkie and all other products just don’t interest me, plus I can be quite picky with what I will use. I feel like I’m just paying for items I don’t want, just to store them a while and then throw them away, I may as well just burn the £13.25 a month! I’m not saying I won’t subscribe again, but I think a rolling subscription is just feeding my bad habit and is not helping. I think in future if I see an interesting box, I might just buy that one-off box and then maybe I will appreciate it more.

Anyway, enough with the negatives this box was quite interesting this month apart from the obvious problem products. I really like the look of the brush and I would say that this is the star product of the box, plus every subscriber got one of these in their box this month. I have seen other boxes that received a Too Faced Melted Lipstick, so I am a little sad that I didn’t get one, but I am a little scared of the swatches I’ve seen of them, so if I did get one, knowing my luck it would have been a bright red or purple shade!

Sneak Peek!
The teaser for April’s box is that everyone will receive a The Body Shop Oils of Life Facial Oil.

What are your thoughts on this box?

♥ ♥ ♥

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KALEIDOS Futurism VII: Sashimi City Palette

This was the futurism palette that I was the most excited about trying. It’s the one that has the most cohesive colour story to me and I do love me some warm neutrals! I still have three more futurism palettes to test out and I can’t wait. THE PACKAGING The packaging is a long thin rectangle shape and the concept reminds me of a wardrobe. There is a purple, pink and coral city skyscraper theme all over the packaging. It has a magnetic closing and you open up the left side first and then the right side to reveal the circular eyeshadow pans and long thin mirror inside. The outside theme continues to the inside. The eyeshadow shade names come printed on a removable plastic sheet. THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA You get six 1.33g eyeshadows/pressed pigments in Matte (M), Duo-Chrome (DC) and Multi-Chrome (MC) finishes.   ·          Rich and Velvety Texture ·          Smooth as Silk Application ·   ...

Swatches: Maybelline Colour Sensational Stripped Nudes Lipstick in Tantalizing Taupe

Tantalizing Taupe (725) - light, but deep nude beige Quite smooth, slight shine and pretty nude colour, but sadly it doesn’t really suit me. £6.99 - Maybelline.co.uk What do you think of this product? ♥ ♥ ♥

Perfume Power! - Avon 'Femme'

I recently started looking at the Avon catalogues again and I saw this perfume had a test circle. Whenever I see the test circles, I just have to rub them! I tested this perfume and I instantly wanted it, plus it was on offer with the matching body spray and lotion. The bottle is clear glass and is inspired by diamonds. The cap is clear plastic and is a squared diamond shape. It has a regular perfume spritzer, which is silver to blend in with the clear cut look. The fragrance notes are:- Top Notes: Pink Grapefruit, Plum & Violet Middle Notes: Jasmine, Wild Orchid & Magnolia Base Notes: Amber, Peach, Wood & Musk I really like the bottle because it is beautifully simple and you can see how much liquid you have left. The cap is not very secure though because it just sits on top of the spritzer, which means it can easy fall off in your bag. The spritzer is very easy to use and it distributes the perfume evenly in a concentrated mist. The scent I would say...