Skip to main content

Urban Decay Urban Essentials Eye Kit

I was browsing RosesBeautyStore and came across this set and bought it straight away. It is exactly the sort of set that appeals to me and Urban Decay doesn’t release kits/sets very often.
The packaging for the kit is purple themed and kind of amethyst inspired. It has a card sleeve that you slide off to reveal the box itself, which is made of cardboard. It has a flip up lid with a magnetic close and when you lift it up there is a black insert which contains the seven products. Six of the products are full size and the seventh is a sample size. The insert can be removed and you can re-use the box.
You get a 2ml sample tube of the Eyeshadow Primer Potion in the Original shade, which dries transparent. The full size 10ml tube is worth £16.00 and is available in three shades. I have used this primer before and already own a couple of tubes. It is a great primer and a trusted favourite of mine.

You get three full size 1.5g eyeshadows, which retail for £14.00 each.
Bordello - pale mauve with gold glitter (shimmer, glitter)
Sellout - pink champagne (shimmer)
Psychedelic Sister - deep amethyst (shimmer)
These are three shades you wouldn’t necessarily think go together, but they do work and look beautiful blended together. They all have amazing pigmentation and are just pretty shades. I think my favourite is Bordello.

You also get three full size 1.2g 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencils, which sell for £15.50 each.
Demolition - deep brown with a matte finish
Psychedelic Sister - bright creamy purple
Zero - zealous matte black
I already own a lot of these pencils and they are my favourite pencil eyeliners, I am a little addicted to them and buy all the sets that contain them (I have a problem). I already have a few Zero pencils, but Demolition and Psychedelic are new to me. They are all creamy, non-smudging and very easy to apply but they can be a little pain to take off. They can also be used on your waterline/tightline.
I really like this kit. The three eyeshadows are perfect shades for me and I love any of the eyeliner pencils. It is always nice getting a tube of eye primer too. This product will definitely appeal to a lot of people and is a good place to start if you are new to UD products. If I was creating a starter kit or essentials kit, I would probably use more neutral shades, but all the colours in this kit do go together. The good thing is the price (I bought it for £45.00); if you were to buy each product separately you would be spending around £90.50, so this kit is definitely worth the price tag.

URBAN DECAY URBAN ESSENTIALS EYE KIT
Price - £60.00   Rating - 5/5
Recommend - Yes       Re-Purchase - Yes
Available at - RosesBeautyStore.com

What do you think of this eye kit?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jouer Skinny Dip Palette

I first saw this palette when Jouer released their Skinny Dip make-up collection and I nearly bought it, but I changed my mind because I already have a million palettes. As you can see, I have changed my mind again and I am very glad that I did. The packaging is quite compact. It is made out of reflective foil gold cardboard and the typography is simple. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift to reveal a small rectangular mirror on one side and then the six eyeshadow pans on the other. The shade names are written underneath each pan. You get six ultra-foil shimmer eyeshadows in blinding shades with a net weight of 7.5g. The sixth shade is actually described as more of a glitter shade. STAR LIGHT - platinum BIKINI - champagne pink SKINNY DIP - champagne gold TAN LINES - antique bronze MAGIC HOUR - warm taupe MIDNIGHT SWIM - cocoa bronze The eyeshadows should be highly pigmented, have an intense shimmery and metallic finish, be long wearing and cre

BPERFECT Cosmetics X Stacey Marie Carnival III: Love Tahiti Palette - Swatches

Please Note: I mean’t to review this palette a while ago, but didn’t get around to it. I thought I would still share the pictures with you. You can purchase the BPERFECT Cosmetics X Stacey Marie Carnival III: Love Tahiti Palette for £36.95 from BPerfectCosmetics.com . | I purchased this palette for £36.95 from BeautyBay.com | | Swatch Stencil: Stripes Double 36 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk | | M = Matte, ME = Metallic, HPS = High Pigment Shimmer & DSPP = Duo-Shift Pressed Pigment |

Review: Rimmel Wake Me Up

Wake Me Up Foundation I bought this after seeing the advertisement for it on Rimmel’s Facebook, and I thought the description sounded perfect for me. The packaging is made of glass and it has a curved shape, with the Rimmel logo and product name printed in the centre on a bit of plastic tape. The cap is a slanted block shape made of plastic and it is a bright orange colour with glitter sparkle. This product has an orange plastic pump, which dispenses the product. All the relevant information is printed on the back, like most products. It is also packaged in a plastic wrapper, with a security tag. This product is marketed as a foundation that “instantly reawakens skin, with a healthy, radiant glow”. It is also mean’t to be light weight and give a poreless and flawless complexion. It also contains SPF15 for sun protection and illuminating pearls, which is mean’t to give your face a natural glow. It is also mean’t to “bounce your skin back to life” and banish the signs of fat