Skip to main content

HUDA BEAUTY Purple Haze Obsessions Palette

I’ve previously only tried one HUDA BEAUTY mini palette before, but this one really caught my eye. I almost bought the Khaki version too. I eventually decided on only picking up the purple one as I wasn’t massively impressed with the Topaz Obsessions Palette I previously tried.
 
THE PACKAGING
The packaging is made of translucent purple plastic and it is square shaped. It just has the palette branding across the front in place of a design and it has a clip closing, which you lift up to reveal the square eyeshadow pans arranged in threes across an opaque matte purple base. The eyeshadows do not have names. There is also a little mirror on the underside of the lid.
THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA
You get nine 0.64g eyeshadows in Matte (M), Metallic (ME) and Shimmery Topper (ST) finishes.
 
·         Smokey Shades
·         Buttery Mattes
·         Intense Metallics
·         Soft Shimmery Toppers
·         Cruelty-Free
 
THE SHADES & SWATCHES
Shade 1 - coppery red (ME)
Shade 2 - berry pink (ME)
Shade 3 - dark purple (M)
Shade 4 - pink bronze (ME)
Shade 5 - light pink (M)
Shade 6 - violet purple (ST)
Shade 7 - masala brown (M)
Shade 8 - dusty mauve (M)
Shade 9 - lavender (ST)
 
MY THOUGHTS
·         Primer/Base - The eyeshadows are pigmented enough without a primer or base, but I would always lay one down. I used Too Faced Shadow Insurance and Too Faced Glitter Glue.
·         Pigmentation - The pigmentation is decent. A couple of shades are a bit hard pressed so it is a little hard to pick them up. Two of the matte shades are also a bit light for my skin tone. One of them can be built up a little so that it shows up.
·         Application (wet/dry) - The eyeshadows can be applied wet or dry. I always use mattes dry, unless I am applying them to my lower lash line or using them as eyeliner. I sometimes apply metallics/shimmers wet, but it depends on the formula and whether they contain glitters. Wet application can max up the pigmentation and help prevent fallout.
·         Blending - They blended really easily and nicely, but the shades are really light so bad blending wouldn’t be a massive issue.
·         Kick-Back - Obviously, there is always going to be kick-back in your eyeshadow pans as you are disturbing powders. The kick-back was not a concern or issue for me in this particular palette.
·         Fallout - I only noticed sparkle fallout from the glittery shades.
 
I like that the packaging is really small, compact and purple (my favourite colour). The ratio of eyeshadow finishes is not bad, but you are really only going to get subtle hazy looks with a bright metallic pop as there are no deepening shades. The colour story for me just isn’t purple or versatile enough! My favourite shades are Shade 1 and Shade 6. I have a few issues with this palette. Two of the matte shades are very light and barely show up on my skin (Shade 5 & Shade 8), they really need building up. Shade 3 comes up a bit patchy, I know purple shades can be hard to formulate. Shade 1 and Shade 2 look really similar on the eye; they both didn’t really need to be included in the palette. This palette just doesn’t fill me with inspiration. I think all of the matte shades should have been purple based and have a wider range in tone, so that you can actually deepen transition shades. I also don’t like the little palettes don’t have shade names. If you are looking for a purple palette, I would steer clear of this one! I am a little bit disappointed and I am kind of glad I didn’t pick-up the Khaki version too. The bigger HUDA BEAUTY palettes are much better quality.
 
You can purchase the HUDA BEAUTY Purple Haze Obsessions Palette for £27.00 from HudaBeauty.com.
 
| I purchased this palette for £22.95 from CultBeauty.co.uk |
 
| Swatch Stencil: Stripes 10 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk |

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jouer Skinny Dip Palette

I first saw this palette when Jouer released their Skinny Dip make-up collection and I nearly bought it, but I changed my mind because I already have a million palettes. As you can see, I have changed my mind again and I am very glad that I did. The packaging is quite compact. It is made out of reflective foil gold cardboard and the typography is simple. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift to reveal a small rectangular mirror on one side and then the six eyeshadow pans on the other. The shade names are written underneath each pan. You get six ultra-foil shimmer eyeshadows in blinding shades with a net weight of 7.5g. The sixth shade is actually described as more of a glitter shade. STAR LIGHT - platinum BIKINI - champagne pink SKINNY DIP - champagne gold TAN LINES - antique bronze MAGIC HOUR - warm taupe MIDNIGHT SWIM - cocoa bronze The eyeshadows should be highly pigmented, have an intense shimmery and metallic finish, be long wearing and cre

KALEIDOS Space Age Highlighters

A few posts ago I mentioned that I purchased a Kaleidos Space Age Highlighter from Depop and I said I really wanted the whole collection (8 highlighters) and was considering purchasing the whole bundle. The bundle was and is still out of stock, so I caved in and went for the second best option. I ended up purchasing The Six Highlighter Bundle, where you choose six of the shades and you get their Precision Highlighter Brush, all for $76.00 (£60.70). With this option I would only be missing out on one shade. My order was shipped from China and took 10 days to get to me. The shipping was FREE as I spent over $70.00 and I wasn’t charged any customs fees. Inside the main package is the bright bundle box, it looks like a present/gift. When you open this up, the highlighters and brush are inside the metallic padded envelope. I already own the shade Ray Rider (N03) (champagne sheen with a peach hint). Click HERE to read my first impressions of it and see a swatch. Please forgi

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil

I received this product as part of the Oz: The Great and Powerful Theodora Palette, which also includes a lipgloss crayon. I am going to review this product as a whole, even though I only have it in one shade. This looks like a standard eyeliner pencil, but the design is a lot nicer looking. The majority of them have the silver lid, but I have noticed that a couple of the shades have a different colour lid. Each barrel of each pencil is a different colour, to clearly show the colour of each shade. Zero is a soft black shade and it is not the darkest black Urban Decay do. This shade is part of the regular line and mine is the 0.8g sample size, the full sized product is 1.2g. Like the majority of pencil eyeliners, you have to sharpen it to dispense more product and the formula is smooth and creamy. This eyeliner is supposed to be creamy, long lasting, waterproof, highly pigmented and velvety soft. It is also said to contain moisturising ingredients, which makes it very safe f