Skip to main content

HUDA BEAUTY Desert Dusk Palette

I have seen the HUDA BEAUTY Textured Eyeshadows: Rose Gold Edition Palette before and only some of the shades appealed to me, which is why I decided not to purchase it, let’s face it HUDA BEAUTY palettes are a little expensive! When I saw a photo of the new palette they were dropping, I instantly fell in love. All of the shades appealed to me, but I was mostly interested in the shimmery shades. I actually wasn’t going to get this palette, which is why I bought the CR Queen of Hearts Palette, but I just couldn’t resist!
The packaging is quite simple, made of black cardboard but it has an Arabian woman on the front (It might actually be Huda) and the eyeshadow and headpiece she is wearing is reflective. The palette has a magnetic closing and you just lift it up to reveal the mirror and eyeshadow pans.
You get eighteen eyeshadows with a net weight of 25.2g and in four different brand new finishes; Matte, Pressed Pearl, Duo-chrome Topper and Pure Glitter.
DESERT SAND - soft light medium yellow (M)
MUSK - medium taupe brown (M)
EDEN - medium orange (M)
AMBER - medium reddish dark brown (M)
BLOOD MOON - rich medium dark reddish copper (PP)
OUD - dark plummy brown (M)
CELESTIAL - medium peachy brown with pink/gold glitter (DCT)
NEFERTITI - medium brown gold (PP)
TWILIGHT - medium pinky lavender with glitter (DCT)
AMETHYST - medium dark magenta purple (M)
ROYAL - plummy brown with pink pearl (PP)
RETROGRADE - coppery brown with blue/green glitter (DCT)
CASHMERE - medium metallic taupe (PP)
ANGELIC - medium cool pink with golden shimmer (PP)
COSMO - dark copper with golden glitter (PG)
TURKISH DELIGHT - rich cranberry red with metallic sheen (PP)
SAFFRON - muted dark red (M)
BLAZING - rich dark orange (M)

The eyeshadows should be vibrant, highly pigmented and easy to layer. The shade selection is inspired by the Arabian Desert. The palette is cruelty free, but it is not vegan.

The quality of these eyeshadows is amazing! They are super pigmented, they layer and blend like a dream. I still recommend eye primer. I didn’t get any fall-out from the shades I tested, but they are powder eyeshadows so you will get ‘kick back’ when you coat your brushes. My favourite shade is Turkish Delight. The only dud shade is Cosmo because it is a pure glitter. It is like loose glitter that has been pressed into the pan, but there is nothing in the formula to bind it together to make a pressed eyeshadow like the rest of the shades. As soon as you touch it, it will crumble and fall out of the pan. I have seen that this has happened with a lot of people that bought the palette, so because of this Cosmo isn’t really a shade you will be able to use properly, if at all! This palette isn't technically vegan as it is contains Carmine. Overall, I really love this palette; the only downside for me is the price. I’m not sure the quality justifies the hefty price tag. Nevertheless, I would re-purchase it because I love it and I am addicted to purchasing palettes!

Price - £56.00   Rating - 5/5
Recommend - Yes        Re-Purchase - Yes
Available at - shopHUDABEAUTY.com, CultBeauty.co.uk

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jouer Skinny Dip Palette

I first saw this palette when Jouer released their Skinny Dip make-up collection and I nearly bought it, but I changed my mind because I already have a million palettes. As you can see, I have changed my mind again and I am very glad that I did. The packaging is quite compact. It is made out of reflective foil gold cardboard and the typography is simple. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift to reveal a small rectangular mirror on one side and then the six eyeshadow pans on the other. The shade names are written underneath each pan. You get six ultra-foil shimmer eyeshadows in blinding shades with a net weight of 7.5g. The sixth shade is actually described as more of a glitter shade. STAR LIGHT - platinum BIKINI - champagne pink SKINNY DIP - champagne gold TAN LINES - antique bronze MAGIC HOUR - warm taupe MIDNIGHT SWIM - cocoa bronze The eyeshadows should be highly pigmented, have an intense shimmery and metallic finish, be long wearing and cre

BPERFECT Cosmetics X Stacey Marie Carnival III: Love Tahiti Palette - Swatches

Please Note: I mean’t to review this palette a while ago, but didn’t get around to it. I thought I would still share the pictures with you. You can purchase the BPERFECT Cosmetics X Stacey Marie Carnival III: Love Tahiti Palette for £36.95 from BPerfectCosmetics.com . | I purchased this palette for £36.95 from BeautyBay.com | | Swatch Stencil: Stripes Double 36 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk | | M = Matte, ME = Metallic, HPS = High Pigment Shimmer & DSPP = Duo-Shift Pressed Pigment |

LOOKFANTASTIC Advent Calendar 2020

Tomorrow I start opening my LookFantastic Beauty Advent Calendar for Christmas 2020. I actually pre-ordered this on Saturday 5 th September and received it on Wednesday 21 st October. I have been keeping it in a safe place since then, extremely eager to open it! It was available directly and exclusively from the LookFantastic.com website for £85.00, with it actually being worth over £460.00!!. I purchased it on pre-order and I received a £15.00 discount as I was a Beauty Box Subscriber. It has now SOLD OUT.   It contains twenty-five days worth of products. It has a black and gold theme and each day has it’s own little numbered drawer, which contains the product for that day. This is my first ever beauty calendar purchase. I don’t usually bother with them because they are so expensive, but this one didn’t seem that expensive and I also got a discount. I thought I would treat myself and try one out for a change.   I am mostly expecting there to be skincare products and probably simila