Skip to main content

Jeffree Star Cosmetics Blood Sugar Palette

This palette was released back in February and I told myself that I wasn’t allowed to purchase it. I allowed myself to buy a liquid lipstick from the Valentine’s Collection, but not this palette. I have now given in because it does look stunning and I am now into red, orange and pink eyeshadows. I just could not pass up the opportunity to purchase it this time because it does sell out all of the time on BeautyBay.com!
The shade Candy Floss in my palette was slightly imperfect when it arrived. It looked like the pressed eyeshadow was slipping out of the pan. BeautyBay offered me a 15% refund on it and I manged to press the eyeshadow back into its pan. It just doesn’t look as uniform as the other shades, but the quality should be unaffected.
The packaging of the palette is quite large, which is what initially put me off purchasing it. It is rectangular in shape and made out of red faux leather. It mimics a Doctor’s medical bag/case. It also looks like a video tape when it is inside the white outer sleeve/carton. It has two clips which you lift to open the palette and reveal a mirror and the eighteen eyeshadow pans. The eyeshadow pans are smaller than the ones in the Beauty Killer and Androgyny Palettes, but you are getting more shades and the price isn’t that much different. It sells for £46.00 and is available exclusively from BeautyBay.com in the UK, but it is available on the Jeffree Star website and in Morphe stores in the USA.
You get eighteen 1.5g eyeshadows and pressed pigments in three luxury formulas; Matte, Metallic and Foil. The majority of the eyeshadows have the usual JSC logo pressed into them but two of them have something different; one has a syringe and the other has a Caduceus (symbol of healthcare in North America) pressed into them.
GLUCOSE - bright white matte
SUGARCANE - powder pink matte
CAKE MIX - soft orange brown matte
OUCH - camel yellow brown matte
DONOR - golden bronze metallic foil
INTRAVENOUS - dark red brown matte
CANDY FLOSS - pinky lilac glitter
TONGUE POP - salmon pink matte
SWEETENER - peachy pink gold glitter
CAVITY - neon pink matte
O POSITIVE - mauve matte
ROOT CANAL - bright purple red matte
PRICK - bright red orange matte
CHERRY SODA - true red matte
FRESH MEAT - berry red matte
BLOOD SUGAR - copper red glitter
EXTRACTION - deep berry purple matte
COMA - deep eggplant matte

You should get extreme colour pay-off and it should also blend seamlessly. The palette is also vegan and cruelty free. There is a warning note on the white sleeve packaging that the following shades from the palette are not intended for use around the immediate eye area; PRICK, ROOT CANAL, CHERRY SODA, CAVITY, EXTRACTION, TONGUE POP, O POSITIVE, SUGAR CANE, CAKE MIX, FRESH MEAT, COMA AND SWEETENER. I am guessing this warning has something to do with the pigments that have been used to create the brighter shades. Carmine is generally used for bright colours, but if this ingredient was used the palette wouldn’t be vegan. Also, the brighter shades may temporarily stain your eye area when used due to the pigments used.

I am completely in love with this palette! The packaging is quite large, but I can look past this because of the beautifully smooth and immensely pigmented eyeshadows. They blend like a dream and all of the shades are wearable. The shade ‘Donor’ looks like molten bronze when swatched and there is no need to use it wet. You get slight discolouration around your eyes if you use the bright matte shades (Cavity and Root Canal), but I wouldn’t say it is extremely noticeable. You can also use the lighter shades (Candy Floss) as highlighters. My favourite shades are Donor, Prick and Blood Sugar. I am quite disappointed in the shade Candy Floss because it doesn’t perform like I was expecting, but I don’t know if this is because mine was faulty when I received it. Overall this is an amazing palette and I am so glad that I purchased it. This is definitely palette of the year! I can’t wait to see what creation Jeffree has in store for us next.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jouer Skinny Dip Palette

I first saw this palette when Jouer released their Skinny Dip make-up collection and I nearly bought it, but I changed my mind because I already have a million palettes. As you can see, I have changed my mind again and I am very glad that I did. The packaging is quite compact. It is made out of reflective foil gold cardboard and the typography is simple. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift to reveal a small rectangular mirror on one side and then the six eyeshadow pans on the other. The shade names are written underneath each pan. You get six ultra-foil shimmer eyeshadows in blinding shades with a net weight of 7.5g. The sixth shade is actually described as more of a glitter shade. STAR LIGHT - platinum BIKINI - champagne pink SKINNY DIP - champagne gold TAN LINES - antique bronze MAGIC HOUR - warm taupe MIDNIGHT SWIM - cocoa bronze The eyeshadows should be highly pigmented, have an intense shimmery and metallic finish, be long wearing and cre

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil

I received this product as part of the Oz: The Great and Powerful Theodora Palette, which also includes a lipgloss crayon. I am going to review this product as a whole, even though I only have it in one shade. This looks like a standard eyeliner pencil, but the design is a lot nicer looking. The majority of them have the silver lid, but I have noticed that a couple of the shades have a different colour lid. Each barrel of each pencil is a different colour, to clearly show the colour of each shade. Zero is a soft black shade and it is not the darkest black Urban Decay do. This shade is part of the regular line and mine is the 0.8g sample size, the full sized product is 1.2g. Like the majority of pencil eyeliners, you have to sharpen it to dispense more product and the formula is smooth and creamy. This eyeliner is supposed to be creamy, long lasting, waterproof, highly pigmented and velvety soft. It is also said to contain moisturising ingredients, which makes it very safe f

Katie Price 'Stunning' Perfume VS JoJo Siwa 'Be You' Perfume - Are they the same?

I was browsing on AllBeauty.com and looking at celebrity fragrances and I saw that one was listed for JoJo Siwa. I had heard of JoJo before, but I don’t really know anything about her. I clicked on it out of interest and when I first saw the image of the perfume, I thought maybe the wrong photograph had been uploaded until I clicked on it and saw the description of the perfume. When I first saw the photograph, before I clicked on it to read the description, I instantly thought, that’s Stunning by Katie Price! I looked into it a bit more and compared it to Stunning. The JoJo Siwa “version” is called Be You. Photo Source: Perfume.com Stunning by Katie Price ·          Released in 2007 (12 years ago). ·          Contains the notes; Mandarin Orange, Jasmine & Patchouli. ·          Classed as a floral scent. ·          Marketed as an adult’s fragrance. ·          Diamonds by Next is a confirmed dupe of this perfume, but the bottle is completely different. You w