Skip to main content

Katie Price 'Stunning' Perfume VS JoJo Siwa 'Be You' Perfume - Are they the same?

I was browsing on AllBeauty.com and looking at celebrity fragrances and I saw that one was listed for JoJo Siwa. I had heard of JoJo before, but I don’t really know anything about her. I clicked on it out of interest and when I first saw the image of the perfume, I thought maybe the wrong photograph had been uploaded until I clicked on it and saw the description of the perfume.

When I first saw the photograph, before I clicked on it to read the description, I instantly thought, that’s Stunning by Katie Price!

I looked into it a bit more and compared it to Stunning. The JoJo Siwa “version” is called Be You.
Photo Source: Perfume.com
Stunning by Katie Price
·         Released in 2007 (12 years ago).
·         Contains the notes; Mandarin Orange, Jasmine & Patchouli.
·         Classed as a floral scent.
·         Marketed as an adult’s fragrance.
·         Diamonds by Next is a confirmed dupe of this perfume, but the bottle is completely different. You would have to smell them both to identify them as a dupe for each other.
Photo Source: Perfume-Click.co.uk
Be You by JoJo Siwa
·         Released in 2018 as a brand new fragrance.
·         Contains the notes; Peach, Lemon, Orange, Iris, Orange Blossom, Jasmine, Patchouli, Amber, Musk & Vanilla.
·         Classed as a floral scent.
·         Marketed as a children’s fragrance.
As you can see from the photos, the bottles and liquid are identical. Be You could just be a dupe, but you generally don’t copy the whole product when duping it. You are supposed to make it look different, so that it is not mistaken as the original for copyright purposes. I know the notes are not completely identical, but you would get a similar scent with the matching notes. I am yet to actually smell Be You, because I haven’t seen it in any of my local shops to be able to test it. I’m not purchasing a full sized bottle from AllBeauty.com just for this purpose. My gut feeling is that it will smell the same as Stunning.

I have seen and heard of brands duping well known products before, but they generally make them look different to avoid legal proceedings and copyright claims. It looks like the only thing splitting the two perfumes above, is the engraving around the neck of the bottle and the outer cardboard packaging. A Stunning fan like myself would easily identify the Be You perfume as actually being Stunning without smelling it.

Another possibility is that the Stunning perfume may not actually belong to Katie Price. It may have been created for her by a fragrance company and she may have been paid to promote it as her own. This isn’t illegal and the company would be well within their rights to then re-brand the scent years later and re-release it. If this is the case and they are now using JoJo Siwa to sell the scent, I find it strange because Stunning is a well-known scent (in the UK anyway) and it is widely associated with Katie Price. Katie herself could have owned the scent and then sold the rights on. If you were going to do this, you wouldn’t pick something so obvious. Twelve years is not that long for a popular product. Also, Stunning is a grown up sexy scent, but Be You is marketed for children!

Do you think JoJo Siwa has ripped off Katie Price’s perfume or do you think it is a standard perfume that celebrities are paid to promote and pretend it is their own creation?

I have reached out to Katie Price and JoJo Siwa regarding “their” perfumes, but I am yet to receive an acknowledgment or reply from both parties. I will do a follow up post on this if needed, but I don’t think I will get an answer. To cure my curiosity I might purchase Be You after all!

Comments

  1. Did you try out the jojo siwa one? Need to know if it’s the same smell x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! If anyone knows please do let us know

      Delete
  2. I think I’m going to go for it and order the jojo to see x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoop whoop - my jojo As just arrived and it is indeed katie prices stunning!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jouer Skinny Dip Palette

I first saw this palette when Jouer released their Skinny Dip make-up collection and I nearly bought it, but I changed my mind because I already have a million palettes. As you can see, I have changed my mind again and I am very glad that I did. The packaging is quite compact. It is made out of reflective foil gold cardboard and the typography is simple. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift to reveal a small rectangular mirror on one side and then the six eyeshadow pans on the other. The shade names are written underneath each pan. You get six ultra-foil shimmer eyeshadows in blinding shades with a net weight of 7.5g. The sixth shade is actually described as more of a glitter shade. STAR LIGHT - platinum BIKINI - champagne pink SKINNY DIP - champagne gold TAN LINES - antique bronze MAGIC HOUR - warm taupe MIDNIGHT SWIM - cocoa bronze The eyeshadows should be highly pigmented, have an intense shimmery and metallic finish, be long wearing and cre

BPERFECT Cosmetics X Stacey Marie Carnival III: Love Tahiti Palette - Swatches

Please Note: I mean’t to review this palette a while ago, but didn’t get around to it. I thought I would still share the pictures with you. You can purchase the BPERFECT Cosmetics X Stacey Marie Carnival III: Love Tahiti Palette for £36.95 from BPerfectCosmetics.com . | I purchased this palette for £36.95 from BeautyBay.com | | Swatch Stencil: Stripes Double 36 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk | | M = Matte, ME = Metallic, HPS = High Pigment Shimmer & DSPP = Duo-Shift Pressed Pigment |

Review: Rimmel Wake Me Up

Wake Me Up Foundation I bought this after seeing the advertisement for it on Rimmel’s Facebook, and I thought the description sounded perfect for me. The packaging is made of glass and it has a curved shape, with the Rimmel logo and product name printed in the centre on a bit of plastic tape. The cap is a slanted block shape made of plastic and it is a bright orange colour with glitter sparkle. This product has an orange plastic pump, which dispenses the product. All the relevant information is printed on the back, like most products. It is also packaged in a plastic wrapper, with a security tag. This product is marketed as a foundation that “instantly reawakens skin, with a healthy, radiant glow”. It is also mean’t to be light weight and give a poreless and flawless complexion. It also contains SPF15 for sun protection and illuminating pearls, which is mean’t to give your face a natural glow. It is also mean’t to “bounce your skin back to life” and banish the signs of fat