Skip to main content

Too Faced Gingerbread Extra Spicy Palette

This palette has been released as part of the Too Faced Holiday 2019 Collection, which is limited edition. I also purchased the original version of this palette, Gingerbread Spice, last year. I knew I had to own both and the colour story is perfect for me. Although at first glance they do look similar, there are actually some differences.
The packaging is the usual tin material that the Chocolate Bar Palettes are made of and the same as last year. It is warm brown colour and has raised gingerbread men graphics on it. It has the usual magnetic opening/closing and it also contains a small mirror. It is available for £39.00 from CultBeauty.co.uk and TooFaced.com.

You get eighteen 0.70g eyeshadows in a variety of finishes; Matte (M), Metallic (ME), Satin (S) and Glitter (G).
Swatch Stencil: Stripes Double 18 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk
Vanilla Wafers - light warm beige (M)
Cookie Cutter - light medium peach with sparkle (G)
Soft & Sweet - medium warm pinky coral (M)
For The Graham - light warm brown (M)
In A Pinch - bright medium warm orange (M)
Drizzle It - warm reddish copper (ME)
Lick The Spoon - dark peach with warm orange undertones and sparkle (G)
Spicy Mami - deep copper with warm orange undertones and sparkle (S)
Extra Spicy - deep orange (M)
Half Baked - rich dark copper (ME)
Butterscotch - bright orange with warm yellow undertones (M)
Cookie Call - deep reddish brown (M)
Plenty Of Dough - medium warm peach (M)
Candy Queen - light golden copper (ME)
Gingerbread Glam - medium reddish brown (M)
Hot Tamale - medium berry red (M)
Cinna-Moan - dark copper with rusty red undertones (M)
Midnight Snack - dark black with blue teal shimmer (S)

You also get a How-to Glamour Guide, which is included with the majority of Too Faced palettes. This guide shows you how to complete three looks using the palette; Sugar Mama, Bake & Chill, Cinnamon Toast and Spice Girl.

The eyeshadows can be sheer to highly pigmented (buildable) and should have one-swipe payoff. They should have a creamy texture and be buttery smooth. The eyeshadows are made with 100% natural cocoa powder. This palette is scented and should smell of gingerbread cookies. The palette is also cruelty free but not vegan (contains Carmine).

The packaging for this palette is near enough the same as last year’s version, so cute!. The shade selection again is right up my street. The eyeshadows are extremely pigmented, smooth and blend softly, just like the last palette. They are buildable and can be used wet or dry. I would still use eye primer and glitter glue. Shimmer/metallic shades are always best applied with your finger or a stiff flat synthetic brush. The palette does have vanilla sweet scent, but I wouldn’t say that it is identifiably gingerbread cookies. My favourite shades are; Cookie Cutter, Lick The Spoon and Hot Tamale. The only disappointing shade for me is Midnight Snack. It is quite dry, chalky and it isn’t as pigmented as the other shades. It is also a flat shade and there is nothing special about it. The blue teal shimmers don’t really show up on your eye! Overall, I really enjoyed this palette and I don’t know which version is my favourite. I love and will keep both, but you probably don’t need both. I wonder what version Too Faced will come out with next year.

| I purchased this palette for £39.00 from CultBeauty.com |

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Katie Price 'Stunning' Perfume VS JoJo Siwa 'Be You' Perfume - Are they the same?

I was browsing on AllBeauty.com and looking at celebrity fragrances and I saw that one was listed for JoJo Siwa. I had heard of JoJo before, but I don’t really know anything about her. I clicked on it out of interest and when I first saw the image of the perfume, I thought maybe the wrong photograph had been uploaded until I clicked on it and saw the description of the perfume. When I first saw the photograph, before I clicked on it to read the description, I instantly thought, that’s Stunning by Katie Price! I looked into it a bit more and compared it to Stunning. The JoJo Siwa “version” is called Be You. Photo Source: Perfume.com Stunning by Katie Price ·          Released in 2007 (12 years ago). ·          Contains the notes; Mandarin Orange, Jasmine & Patchouli. ·          Classed as a floral scent. ·          Marketed as an adult’s fragrance. ·          Diamonds by Next is a confirmed dupe of this perfume, but the bottle is completely different. You w

Jouer Skinny Dip Palette

I first saw this palette when Jouer released their Skinny Dip make-up collection and I nearly bought it, but I changed my mind because I already have a million palettes. As you can see, I have changed my mind again and I am very glad that I did. The packaging is quite compact. It is made out of reflective foil gold cardboard and the typography is simple. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift to reveal a small rectangular mirror on one side and then the six eyeshadow pans on the other. The shade names are written underneath each pan. You get six ultra-foil shimmer eyeshadows in blinding shades with a net weight of 7.5g. The sixth shade is actually described as more of a glitter shade. STAR LIGHT - platinum BIKINI - champagne pink SKINNY DIP - champagne gold TAN LINES - antique bronze MAGIC HOUR - warm taupe MIDNIGHT SWIM - cocoa bronze The eyeshadows should be highly pigmented, have an intense shimmery and metallic finish, be long wearing and cre

Urban Decay Super Saturated High-Gloss Lip Color

I received this product as part of the Oz: The Great and Powerful Theodora Palette, which also includes eyeliner. I am going to review the product as a whole, even though I only have it in the one shade. This product is a jumbo/chubby lip pencil with a black plastic lid. It is just like the Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliners, but bigger. Each barrel of each pencil is a different colour, to clearly show the colour of each shade. Theodora is a bright, creamy, glossy cherry red shade and is Limited Edition, but it is part of the regular line and is instead called F-Bomb . You get 2.8g of product and it is full size. You also have to sharpen it to dispense more product. The formula is smooth, creamy, glossy and slightly tacky, but not sticky. This product is supposed to give your lips an opaque, saturated and pigment rich colour with a glossy finish. It is also mean’t to be quite creamy so that it glides onto your lips. The product is also said to contain plant derived ingredients, whi