Skip to main content

Jeffree Star Cosmetics Alien Palette

This palette has been out for a long time now and I always resisted it as some of the colours do not appeal to me, but I really wanted that green Alien shade so bad. I also do not personally like the packaging. There was a 30% off sale on BeautyBay.com, so I decided to pick it up as it was considerably cheaper at just £33.60!.
The packaging is rather huge. It is kind of egg shaped with a point to resemble an alien head. It is made out of hot pink pleather and it has raised metallic grey plastic eyes. The branding and palette name is printed in white font. It has a magnetic closing which you lift up to reveal the inside of the palette. The top part (lid) folds back and also has a small mirror. The square eyeshadow pans are arranged across a metallic gunmetal grey base. The shade names are printed in white font. The eyeshadows have the usual JSC logo imprinted into them, apart from two which are a Flying Saucer/Spaceship and an Alien head. You can purchase this palette for £48.00 from JeffreeStarCosmetics.com and BeautyBay.com.
You get eighteen 1.37g eyeshadows/pressed pigments in Matte (M), Shimmer (S) and Metallic (ME) finishes.
Swatch Stencil: Stripes Double 18 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk

Pluto - icy white with a peachy duo-chrome shift (S)
Titan - bone ivory (M)
Alien - cool green (S)
Interstellar - white gold (S)
Abduction - chartreuse (M)
UFO - green gold (S)
Gravitea - soft tan (M)
Martian Soil - cool mustard (M)
Flying Saucer - turquoise (M)
Phone Home - mauve brown (M)
Moon Rock - forest green with gold undertones (ME)
X-Files - khaki green (M)
Ghost OG - dark khaki green (M)
Area 51 - rich royal purple (M)
Space Cowboy - cool brown with pearl shift (ME)
Probe - oil slick with green shift (ME)
Tall Grey - grey with a blue undertone (M)
Black Hole - true black (M)
 
The following shade is a Pressed Pigments and is not intended for use around the immediate eye area; Area 51. Pressed pigments can cause temporary staining to the area of skin they are applied to.
 
This palette has a cool toned theme with a few pops and the shades should be incredibly pigmented, buttery and blend effortlessly. It is also vegan and cruelty free.
 
Obviously, I have already stated that I do not like the packaging, but it is unique and goes with the theme. The layout/shape of the palette also means that there is a lot of wasted space inside, which is annoying and unnecessary. The colour story is kind of grungy, but I do like it even though it isn’t my typical taste in palettes. The kick-back was average as it is powder. I always recommend using primer/glitter glue as this will increase pigmentation and longevity as well as decreasing fallout. The shades blend very nicely and they are extremely pigmented. You can use the eyeshadows wet or dry, I tend to use metallics wet or apply them with my finger. The only shade that really took a little working was Abduction. It is slightly too light for my skin tone, so I had to layer it a bit to build up the intensity. I love all of the metallic shades. My favourite shades are Alien, Interstellar, UFO and Moonrock. I also actually enjoyed using the grey shades. Overall I do highly recommend this palette for the quality, but I wish the packaging was simpler and more compact. The JSC’s eyeshadow formula is one of the best I’ve ever tried! I can’t wait to play some more with it.
 
| I purchased this palette for £33.60 from BeautyBay.com |

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Katie Price 'Stunning' Perfume VS JoJo Siwa 'Be You' Perfume - Are they the same?

I was browsing on AllBeauty.com and looking at celebrity fragrances and I saw that one was listed for JoJo Siwa. I had heard of JoJo before, but I don’t really know anything about her. I clicked on it out of interest and when I first saw the image of the perfume, I thought maybe the wrong photograph had been uploaded until I clicked on it and saw the description of the perfume. When I first saw the photograph, before I clicked on it to read the description, I instantly thought, that’s Stunning by Katie Price! I looked into it a bit more and compared it to Stunning. The JoJo Siwa “version” is called Be You. Photo Source: Perfume.com Stunning by Katie Price ·          Released in 2007 (12 years ago). ·          Contains the notes; Mandarin Orange, Jasmine & Patchouli. ·          Classed as a floral scent. ·       ...

My Current Top 5 Beauty Influencers

The sort of purpose of the ‘Becca’s Babble’s’ posts are a way to get to know me a little, with me rambling on about topics that are not necessarily beauty or lifestyle related. I thought I would share my current top five favourite YouTube channels with you today and they all happen to be Beauty Influencers. I’m not actually sure how long I have been subscribed to any of the channels and I don’t know of a way to find out. In no particular order: Photo: © Property of Porcelain/Bridgette Porcelain Name: Bridgette   Age: 25   Based: United States of America (USA) Bridgette is the most consistent uploader and uploads the most per week out of all the Influencers I am subscribed to on YouTube. She does a lot of varied content and I really enjoy her videos (declutters, reviews). I feel like she is the only one whose videos I watch all of regardless of the content. Sometimes I skip others videos if they are not about something that interests me, but I feel like I have...

Charlotte Tilbury Charlotte Darling Easy Eye Palette

I have another Charlotte Tilbury palette post for you today; I have been on a roll with them! You can definitely tell I am a fan of her eyeshadow formula. There are loads of other CT products I would love to try, but I am slowing down the purchases for now as I do have a confession to make at the end of this post! THE PACKAGING The packaging is made of shiny maroon plastic and it has a short, thin and rectangular shape. It has a metallic gold starburst design across the front. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift up to reveal the rectangular eyeshadow pans arranged in threes across a mirrored gold base. The group names are printed on the back of the palette. The shades don’t really have names, but there is a removable plastic insert included which labels the eyeshadows as 1 Prime, 2 Enhance or 3 Smoke. There is also a mirror on the underside of the lid. THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA You get six 0.9g eyeshadows in Matte (M) and Metallic (ME) finishes.   ·    ...