Skip to main content

Colourpop DREAMERY Super Shock Shadow Vault

I already own six super shock shadows and I thought I would add to my collection. I have been into more sort of natural make-up lately. I just use my bronzer as my transition/crease shade and then use a shimmer or highlighter shade all over the lid. I have mostly been using face highlighters for the shimmer topper, so I thought I would buy more super shock shades so I can actually start using an eyeshadow. I needed different colour options to the six I already own. These shadows are not full pigment as such, but they are full shine and I thought this set would be perfect as it comes with several shades.
This particular set is no longer available, but a lot of the shades are still available as singles so I thought I would still share my thoughts with you.
ABOUT THE PRODUCT
You get 2.1g of crème to powder eyeshadows in Matte (M), Ultra-Metallic (UM) and Ultra-Glitter (UG) finishes. They are housed inside little pots with a transparent twistable cap. There are nine shades included inside this vault.
 
·         Crème-Powder Formula
·         Bouncy Texture
·         Insane Pigmentation
·         Bold Metallic & Foiled Colour
·         No Creasing
·         No Fading
·         No Fallout
·         Most are Vegan (not Dreamlover)
·         Limited Edition Vault Set
·         Cruelty-Free
 
THE SHADES & SWATCHES
Ice Dream - duo-chrome opalescent white with pink, violet & blue (UG)
Frog - icy silvery purple with rainbow glitter (UG)
Cattitude - warm toned light gold (UM)
Lightning Bug - glittery golden copper (UG)
Solitaire - pale gold with silver pinpoints (UG)
Set To Stun - icy rose pink with blue glitter (UG)
Moonwalk - duo-chrome rust orange, yellow & green (UM)
Dreamlover - duo-chrome rich plum with blue & pink (UG)
DGAF - multidimensional golden brown (UG)
 
MY FIRST IMPRESSIONS
The packaging is very compact and simple. I’m still not overly keen on how the eyeshadow pans are stuck into the pots as when you rub your finger into the eyeshadow to pick up pigment, the pan moves around and feels like it might come loose. I do like how reflective the shades are. The texture doesn’t feel particularly creamy. The finish of them just looks like powder eyeshadow. You do have to layer them quite a bit to get a good coating on your eye lids and I find they apply better with your finger rather than a brush. I didn’t find that a damp brush helped at all, but glitter glue did help to hold the sparkle on your eye lids. I also find that they do crease quite easily. I am still enjoying these eyeshadows, but the lack of opaqueness still bothers me and the fact that the Ultra-Glitter shades are actually not that glittery! I still prefer regular molten metallic powder eyeshadows that many other brands offer. My favourite shades from this set are Moonwalk, Solitaire and Cattitude.
 
You can purchase the Colourpop Super Shock Shadow Singles for $6.00 from Colourpop.com.
 
| I purchased this set for £45.00 from Depop.com |
 
| Swatch Stencil: Stripes 8 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk |

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jouer Skinny Dip Palette

I first saw this palette when Jouer released their Skinny Dip make-up collection and I nearly bought it, but I changed my mind because I already have a million palettes. As you can see, I have changed my mind again and I am very glad that I did. The packaging is quite compact. It is made out of reflective foil gold cardboard and the typography is simple. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift to reveal a small rectangular mirror on one side and then the six eyeshadow pans on the other. The shade names are written underneath each pan. You get six ultra-foil shimmer eyeshadows in blinding shades with a net weight of 7.5g. The sixth shade is actually described as more of a glitter shade. STAR LIGHT - platinum BIKINI - champagne pink SKINNY DIP - champagne gold TAN LINES - antique bronze MAGIC HOUR - warm taupe MIDNIGHT SWIM - cocoa bronze The eyeshadows should be highly pigmented, have an intense shimmery and metallic finish, be long wearing and cre

KALEIDOS Space Age Highlighters

A few posts ago I mentioned that I purchased a Kaleidos Space Age Highlighter from Depop and I said I really wanted the whole collection (8 highlighters) and was considering purchasing the whole bundle. The bundle was and is still out of stock, so I caved in and went for the second best option. I ended up purchasing The Six Highlighter Bundle, where you choose six of the shades and you get their Precision Highlighter Brush, all for $76.00 (£60.70). With this option I would only be missing out on one shade. My order was shipped from China and took 10 days to get to me. The shipping was FREE as I spent over $70.00 and I wasn’t charged any customs fees. Inside the main package is the bright bundle box, it looks like a present/gift. When you open this up, the highlighters and brush are inside the metallic padded envelope. I already own the shade Ray Rider (N03) (champagne sheen with a peach hint). Click HERE to read my first impressions of it and see a swatch. Please forgi

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil

I received this product as part of the Oz: The Great and Powerful Theodora Palette, which also includes a lipgloss crayon. I am going to review this product as a whole, even though I only have it in one shade. This looks like a standard eyeliner pencil, but the design is a lot nicer looking. The majority of them have the silver lid, but I have noticed that a couple of the shades have a different colour lid. Each barrel of each pencil is a different colour, to clearly show the colour of each shade. Zero is a soft black shade and it is not the darkest black Urban Decay do. This shade is part of the regular line and mine is the 0.8g sample size, the full sized product is 1.2g. Like the majority of pencil eyeliners, you have to sharpen it to dispense more product and the formula is smooth and creamy. This eyeliner is supposed to be creamy, long lasting, waterproof, highly pigmented and velvety soft. It is also said to contain moisturising ingredients, which makes it very safe f