Skip to main content

Colourpop DREAMERY Super Shock Shadow Vault

I already own six super shock shadows and I thought I would add to my collection. I have been into more sort of natural make-up lately. I just use my bronzer as my transition/crease shade and then use a shimmer or highlighter shade all over the lid. I have mostly been using face highlighters for the shimmer topper, so I thought I would buy more super shock shades so I can actually start using an eyeshadow. I needed different colour options to the six I already own. These shadows are not full pigment as such, but they are full shine and I thought this set would be perfect as it comes with several shades.
This particular set is no longer available, but a lot of the shades are still available as singles so I thought I would still share my thoughts with you.
ABOUT THE PRODUCT
You get 2.1g of crème to powder eyeshadows in Matte (M), Ultra-Metallic (UM) and Ultra-Glitter (UG) finishes. They are housed inside little pots with a transparent twistable cap. There are nine shades included inside this vault.
 
·         Crème-Powder Formula
·         Bouncy Texture
·         Insane Pigmentation
·         Bold Metallic & Foiled Colour
·         No Creasing
·         No Fading
·         No Fallout
·         Most are Vegan (not Dreamlover)
·         Limited Edition Vault Set
·         Cruelty-Free
 
THE SHADES & SWATCHES
Ice Dream - duo-chrome opalescent white with pink, violet & blue (UG)
Frog - icy silvery purple with rainbow glitter (UG)
Cattitude - warm toned light gold (UM)
Lightning Bug - glittery golden copper (UG)
Solitaire - pale gold with silver pinpoints (UG)
Set To Stun - icy rose pink with blue glitter (UG)
Moonwalk - duo-chrome rust orange, yellow & green (UM)
Dreamlover - duo-chrome rich plum with blue & pink (UG)
DGAF - multidimensional golden brown (UG)
 
MY FIRST IMPRESSIONS
The packaging is very compact and simple. I’m still not overly keen on how the eyeshadow pans are stuck into the pots as when you rub your finger into the eyeshadow to pick up pigment, the pan moves around and feels like it might come loose. I do like how reflective the shades are. The texture doesn’t feel particularly creamy. The finish of them just looks like powder eyeshadow. You do have to layer them quite a bit to get a good coating on your eye lids and I find they apply better with your finger rather than a brush. I didn’t find that a damp brush helped at all, but glitter glue did help to hold the sparkle on your eye lids. I also find that they do crease quite easily. I am still enjoying these eyeshadows, but the lack of opaqueness still bothers me and the fact that the Ultra-Glitter shades are actually not that glittery! I still prefer regular molten metallic powder eyeshadows that many other brands offer. My favourite shades from this set are Moonwalk, Solitaire and Cattitude.
 
You can purchase the Colourpop Super Shock Shadow Singles for $6.00 from Colourpop.com.
 
| I purchased this set for £45.00 from Depop.com |
 
| Swatch Stencil: Stripes 8 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk |

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KALEIDOS Futurism VII: Sashimi City Palette

This was the futurism palette that I was the most excited about trying. It’s the one that has the most cohesive colour story to me and I do love me some warm neutrals! I still have three more futurism palettes to test out and I can’t wait. THE PACKAGING The packaging is a long thin rectangle shape and the concept reminds me of a wardrobe. There is a purple, pink and coral city skyscraper theme all over the packaging. It has a magnetic closing and you open up the left side first and then the right side to reveal the circular eyeshadow pans and long thin mirror inside. The outside theme continues to the inside. The eyeshadow shade names come printed on a removable plastic sheet. THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA You get six 1.33g eyeshadows/pressed pigments in Matte (M), Duo-Chrome (DC) and Multi-Chrome (MC) finishes.   ·          Rich and Velvety Texture ·          Smooth as Silk Application ·   ...

Swatches: Maybelline Colour Sensational Stripped Nudes Lipstick in Tantalizing Taupe

Tantalizing Taupe (725) - light, but deep nude beige Quite smooth, slight shine and pretty nude colour, but sadly it doesn’t really suit me. £6.99 - Maybelline.co.uk What do you think of this product? ♥ ♥ ♥

Perfume Power! - Avon 'Femme'

I recently started looking at the Avon catalogues again and I saw this perfume had a test circle. Whenever I see the test circles, I just have to rub them! I tested this perfume and I instantly wanted it, plus it was on offer with the matching body spray and lotion. The bottle is clear glass and is inspired by diamonds. The cap is clear plastic and is a squared diamond shape. It has a regular perfume spritzer, which is silver to blend in with the clear cut look. The fragrance notes are:- Top Notes: Pink Grapefruit, Plum & Violet Middle Notes: Jasmine, Wild Orchid & Magnolia Base Notes: Amber, Peach, Wood & Musk I really like the bottle because it is beautifully simple and you can see how much liquid you have left. The cap is not very secure though because it just sits on top of the spritzer, which means it can easy fall off in your bag. The spritzer is very easy to use and it distributes the perfume evenly in a concentrated mist. The scent I would say...