Skip to main content

Empties #7 - April 2013


This month I haven’t used much up and the majority of the products are necessities.

Listerine Total Care Mouthwash in Clean Mint (Purple) – 500ml
I first bought this because it sounded perfect and it was at a discount shop. When I tried it, I thought it was strange because it felt as though it was burning and dissolving my tongue! After I spit it out I rinsed my mouth with water, my mouth and teeth felt really clean. It is definitely a really strong mouthwash because of the weird sensation, but it is not painful. I wouldn’t say it tastes of mint, but you get used to the taste after a few uses. I would buy this again but the full price is a little expensive and the prices vary from shop to shop and seem to increase, but I suppose it is worth it. Unfortunately when I ran out of this I couldn’t find it when I went shopping, so I had to buy the Morrisons one as I couldn’t do without and I’ve re-purchased the Morrisons one plenty of times.
Price - £4.60

Nivea Invisible For Black & White 48h Clear Anti-Perspirant Deodorant – 250ml
This was my last can of this deodorant as I have decided to try a different one. If the new one doesn’t work out I will go back to using this one because it is a really great deodorant and the best one I have tried so far.
Price - £2+

Soap & Glory Hand Maid Hand Cleansing Gel – 50ml
I have now finished my second bottle and I am still loving it! I have one more left in my spare stash and then I will re-purchase some more.
Price - £2.50

Wilko Body Spray in Passion – 75ml
I have re-purchased this body spray several times before and it is very inexpensive and it does smell pleasant. It is definitely not my favourite scent and I have had this particular can for quite a while and have now only just finally finished it. I won’t be re-purchasing again this time, but I do recommend it and I have already done a review.
Price - 49p

Impulse Body Spray in Into Glamour – 75ml
This is my third favourite Impulse scent and I have been through many cans of this. I already have a back-up of this but I may not open it for a while because I am trying to use up four other body sprays. I have also reviewed this body spray so click here to read it. My back-up is in the same can design but Impulse have recently re-designed all of their packaging, so if you click the price below you will see how different the new packaging looks!
Price - £1.99

Right Guard Women Total Defence 5 48H Sensitive Anti-Perspirant Deodorant – 250ml
This was my first can and the one I was on about trying because I used up the Nivea one at the start of the month and it was too late to include it in my March Empties. This one was really good and I think it’s the same as the Nivea one, but it is slightly cheaper because the prices for the Nivea vary from shop to shop. On that note I think I will stick with this one for a bit. As it turns out I picked up the same deodorant but it is different because this one is sensitive, but the new one I picked up is not so I will see what the difference is in the month to come.
Price - £3.19

SANCTUARY SPA COVENT GARDEN Body Wash – 75ml
I got this in a gift set I received for Easter and it smells really nice and fresh. You need to use more of it for a really great lather and I didn’t really notice if it was particularly moisturising because of the pink capsules it contains. It was a really nice body wash to use but I wouldn’t go out of my way to pick it up in full size.
Price - £5.10

Morrisons Daily Care Mouthwash in Cool Mint – 500ml
This is just a basic mouthwash and I have used and re-purchased on several occasions.
Price - 53p

I may start doing these posts every two months instead because I haven’t been using up a lot of products and it is getting repetitive and probably boring for you to read. I am also looking for suggestions for new products to try, so if you have any please let me know below.

Thanks J

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jouer Skinny Dip Palette

I first saw this palette when Jouer released their Skinny Dip make-up collection and I nearly bought it, but I changed my mind because I already have a million palettes. As you can see, I have changed my mind again and I am very glad that I did. The packaging is quite compact. It is made out of reflective foil gold cardboard and the typography is simple. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift to reveal a small rectangular mirror on one side and then the six eyeshadow pans on the other. The shade names are written underneath each pan. You get six ultra-foil shimmer eyeshadows in blinding shades with a net weight of 7.5g. The sixth shade is actually described as more of a glitter shade. STAR LIGHT - platinum BIKINI - champagne pink SKINNY DIP - champagne gold TAN LINES - antique bronze MAGIC HOUR - warm taupe MIDNIGHT SWIM - cocoa bronze The eyeshadows should be highly pigmented, have an intense shimmery and metallic finish, be long wearing and cre

KALEIDOS Space Age Highlighters

A few posts ago I mentioned that I purchased a Kaleidos Space Age Highlighter from Depop and I said I really wanted the whole collection (8 highlighters) and was considering purchasing the whole bundle. The bundle was and is still out of stock, so I caved in and went for the second best option. I ended up purchasing The Six Highlighter Bundle, where you choose six of the shades and you get their Precision Highlighter Brush, all for $76.00 (£60.70). With this option I would only be missing out on one shade. My order was shipped from China and took 10 days to get to me. The shipping was FREE as I spent over $70.00 and I wasn’t charged any customs fees. Inside the main package is the bright bundle box, it looks like a present/gift. When you open this up, the highlighters and brush are inside the metallic padded envelope. I already own the shade Ray Rider (N03) (champagne sheen with a peach hint). Click HERE to read my first impressions of it and see a swatch. Please forgi

BPERFECT Cosmetics X Stacey Marie Carnival III: Love Tahiti Palette - Swatches

Please Note: I mean’t to review this palette a while ago, but didn’t get around to it. I thought I would still share the pictures with you. You can purchase the BPERFECT Cosmetics X Stacey Marie Carnival III: Love Tahiti Palette for £36.95 from BPerfectCosmetics.com . | I purchased this palette for £36.95 from BeautyBay.com | | Swatch Stencil: Stripes Double 36 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk | | M = Matte, ME = Metallic, HPS = High Pigment Shimmer & DSPP = Duo-Shift Pressed Pigment |