Skip to main content

Empties #7 - April 2013


This month I haven’t used much up and the majority of the products are necessities.

Listerine Total Care Mouthwash in Clean Mint (Purple) – 500ml
I first bought this because it sounded perfect and it was at a discount shop. When I tried it, I thought it was strange because it felt as though it was burning and dissolving my tongue! After I spit it out I rinsed my mouth with water, my mouth and teeth felt really clean. It is definitely a really strong mouthwash because of the weird sensation, but it is not painful. I wouldn’t say it tastes of mint, but you get used to the taste after a few uses. I would buy this again but the full price is a little expensive and the prices vary from shop to shop and seem to increase, but I suppose it is worth it. Unfortunately when I ran out of this I couldn’t find it when I went shopping, so I had to buy the Morrisons one as I couldn’t do without and I’ve re-purchased the Morrisons one plenty of times.
Price - £4.60

Nivea Invisible For Black & White 48h Clear Anti-Perspirant Deodorant – 250ml
This was my last can of this deodorant as I have decided to try a different one. If the new one doesn’t work out I will go back to using this one because it is a really great deodorant and the best one I have tried so far.
Price - £2+

Soap & Glory Hand Maid Hand Cleansing Gel – 50ml
I have now finished my second bottle and I am still loving it! I have one more left in my spare stash and then I will re-purchase some more.
Price - £2.50

Wilko Body Spray in Passion – 75ml
I have re-purchased this body spray several times before and it is very inexpensive and it does smell pleasant. It is definitely not my favourite scent and I have had this particular can for quite a while and have now only just finally finished it. I won’t be re-purchasing again this time, but I do recommend it and I have already done a review.
Price - 49p

Impulse Body Spray in Into Glamour – 75ml
This is my third favourite Impulse scent and I have been through many cans of this. I already have a back-up of this but I may not open it for a while because I am trying to use up four other body sprays. I have also reviewed this body spray so click here to read it. My back-up is in the same can design but Impulse have recently re-designed all of their packaging, so if you click the price below you will see how different the new packaging looks!
Price - £1.99

Right Guard Women Total Defence 5 48H Sensitive Anti-Perspirant Deodorant – 250ml
This was my first can and the one I was on about trying because I used up the Nivea one at the start of the month and it was too late to include it in my March Empties. This one was really good and I think it’s the same as the Nivea one, but it is slightly cheaper because the prices for the Nivea vary from shop to shop. On that note I think I will stick with this one for a bit. As it turns out I picked up the same deodorant but it is different because this one is sensitive, but the new one I picked up is not so I will see what the difference is in the month to come.
Price - £3.19

SANCTUARY SPA COVENT GARDEN Body Wash – 75ml
I got this in a gift set I received for Easter and it smells really nice and fresh. You need to use more of it for a really great lather and I didn’t really notice if it was particularly moisturising because of the pink capsules it contains. It was a really nice body wash to use but I wouldn’t go out of my way to pick it up in full size.
Price - £5.10

Morrisons Daily Care Mouthwash in Cool Mint – 500ml
This is just a basic mouthwash and I have used and re-purchased on several occasions.
Price - 53p

I may start doing these posts every two months instead because I haven’t been using up a lot of products and it is getting repetitive and probably boring for you to read. I am also looking for suggestions for new products to try, so if you have any please let me know below.

Thanks J

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KALEIDOS Futurism VII: Sashimi City Palette

This was the futurism palette that I was the most excited about trying. It’s the one that has the most cohesive colour story to me and I do love me some warm neutrals! I still have three more futurism palettes to test out and I can’t wait. THE PACKAGING The packaging is a long thin rectangle shape and the concept reminds me of a wardrobe. There is a purple, pink and coral city skyscraper theme all over the packaging. It has a magnetic closing and you open up the left side first and then the right side to reveal the circular eyeshadow pans and long thin mirror inside. The outside theme continues to the inside. The eyeshadow shade names come printed on a removable plastic sheet. THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA You get six 1.33g eyeshadows/pressed pigments in Matte (M), Duo-Chrome (DC) and Multi-Chrome (MC) finishes.   ·          Rich and Velvety Texture ·          Smooth as Silk Application ·   ...

Swatches: Maybelline Colour Sensational Stripped Nudes Lipstick in Tantalizing Taupe

Tantalizing Taupe (725) - light, but deep nude beige Quite smooth, slight shine and pretty nude colour, but sadly it doesn’t really suit me. £6.99 - Maybelline.co.uk What do you think of this product? ♥ ♥ ♥

Perfume Power! - Avon 'Femme'

I recently started looking at the Avon catalogues again and I saw this perfume had a test circle. Whenever I see the test circles, I just have to rub them! I tested this perfume and I instantly wanted it, plus it was on offer with the matching body spray and lotion. The bottle is clear glass and is inspired by diamonds. The cap is clear plastic and is a squared diamond shape. It has a regular perfume spritzer, which is silver to blend in with the clear cut look. The fragrance notes are:- Top Notes: Pink Grapefruit, Plum & Violet Middle Notes: Jasmine, Wild Orchid & Magnolia Base Notes: Amber, Peach, Wood & Musk I really like the bottle because it is beautifully simple and you can see how much liquid you have left. The cap is not very secure though because it just sits on top of the spritzer, which means it can easy fall off in your bag. The spritzer is very easy to use and it distributes the perfume evenly in a concentrated mist. The scent I would say...