Skip to main content

Make-Up Storage ENVY!


Today I am going to talk about at topic I love and hate. I really love seeing how people organise their make-up, but I hate I can’t do what I want with mine!

Last year I bought the ‘dresser of my dreams’ as it was at the time and now I kind of regret it. I bought it because I wanted more storage space, but I mostly wanted to store make-up in it. It cost me about £80 from Argos and it is a really nice dresser, but now I wish I had something smaller because I downsized my make-up collection! Don’t get me wrong, all four drawers have other stuff in them as well as make-up but it just doesn’t satisfy me.

My problem is not really with the dresser although I would love one of the storage units I am going to mention, it is actually the fact that I can’t find baskets to fit nicely in the drawers I am using for make-up. At the moment the boxes are too big or too small, funny shaped, miss matched and not what I want. I would be perfectly happy with the dresser until I get my own place in the future if I had some baskets like the ones from Target below!
Photo courtesy of Luuux.com
These are in my mind perfect for storing make-up if you have dresser draws like me, because they would fit in the drawers neatly and they all look the same so they won’t look so messy. We don’t have Target here in the UK and more frustratingly I can’t find anything like it in the shops in the UK or on eBay! If I found storage baskets/trays like these I think I would be happy until I eventually get my own place because I would specifically design somewhere for the beauty stuff to go, whereas at the moment I have to make do with what I’ve got already because it is more cost effective than wasting money and getting something else I might not need when I move out!

Other than the ‘perfect trays’ I can’t find, I keep seeing pictures of Beauty Bloggers collections and they all have the Ikea units and they look lovely and the pictures really make me want to buy the units. The one I like most is the Helmer and you can also get inserts for the Helmer which are called Antonius and they are perfectly sized to fit inside the unit. I also like the look of the Alex unit but I am kind of a freak and would prefer all the drawers to be the same size, plus something about the Helmer seems daintier and smaller even though they are similar in height.
Trio of photo's courtesy of Ikea.com
Because I am going to make do with what I’ve got and hope to find the ‘perfect trays’ soon, I’ve had to think about how to store different things and I really like the idea of lipstick organisers. I purchased a lipstick organiser/holder off eBay for £4.99, which arrived this morning and it fits twelve lipsticks or small lipglosses and I really like it. It is very sturdy and made of acrylic.
Photo courtesy of MUJI.eu
Other than the units and tray organisers I have mentioned above there is another idea I am more leaning towards for when I have my own place. For my ideal room I would love a built in wardrobe which would fit clothes, shoes and bags, but it could also have extra shelving to fit my beauty products, which could be housed in acrylic boxes like the MUJI 5 Drawer Box and more lipstick holders. And because they would be in the wardrobe they would be hidden and my room would still look tidy and it means everything would be organised and when you open the wardrobe door, you would catch a make-up pretty glimpse!

I hope this post wasn’t too long; sometimes I can ramble a lot! Please let me know in the comments section how you store your make-up and also leave me suggestions on how I can store mine.

Until the next post! J

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perfume Power! - Avon 'Femme'

I recently started looking at the Avon catalogues again and I saw this perfume had a test circle. Whenever I see the test circles, I just have to rub them! I tested this perfume and I instantly wanted it, plus it was on offer with the matching body spray and lotion. The bottle is clear glass and is inspired by diamonds. The cap is clear plastic and is a squared diamond shape. It has a regular perfume spritzer, which is silver to blend in with the clear cut look. The fragrance notes are:- Top Notes: Pink Grapefruit, Plum & Violet Middle Notes: Jasmine, Wild Orchid & Magnolia Base Notes: Amber, Peach, Wood & Musk I really like the bottle because it is beautifully simple and you can see how much liquid you have left. The cap is not very secure though because it just sits on top of the spritzer, which means it can easy fall off in your bag. The spritzer is very easy to use and it distributes the perfume evenly in a concentrated mist. The scent I would say...

Charlotte Tilbury Charlotte Darling Easy Eye Palette

I have another Charlotte Tilbury palette post for you today; I have been on a roll with them! You can definitely tell I am a fan of her eyeshadow formula. There are loads of other CT products I would love to try, but I am slowing down the purchases for now as I do have a confession to make at the end of this post! THE PACKAGING The packaging is made of shiny maroon plastic and it has a short, thin and rectangular shape. It has a metallic gold starburst design across the front. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift up to reveal the rectangular eyeshadow pans arranged in threes across a mirrored gold base. The group names are printed on the back of the palette. The shades don’t really have names, but there is a removable plastic insert included which labels the eyeshadows as 1 Prime, 2 Enhance or 3 Smoke. There is also a mirror on the underside of the lid. THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA You get six 0.9g eyeshadows in Matte (M) and Metallic (ME) finishes.   ·    ...

Swatches: Maybelline Colour Sensational Stripped Nudes Lipstick in Tantalizing Taupe

Tantalizing Taupe (725) - light, but deep nude beige Quite smooth, slight shine and pretty nude colour, but sadly it doesn’t really suit me. £6.99 - Maybelline.co.uk What do you think of this product? ♥ ♥ ♥