Skip to main content

Empties #9 - July 2013

I have another empties post for you. I’ve used a few products this month and some different types too. So let’s get in to them:-

*Ted Baker Body Spray in Origami – 150ml
This is a strong woody scent and it is quite feminine and it does smell nice, but it is not my typical scent. I enjoyed using it and it does linger on your skin, but I will not be re-purchasing it. I have already reviewed it here.
Price - £5

Listerine Total Care Mouthwash in Clean Mint (Purple) – 500ml
I’ve used up another bottle of my current favourite mouthwash! This mouthwash leaves your mouth feeling really clean and I will continue to re-purchase.
Price - £4.60

Soap & Glory Clean, Girls™ Body Wash – 500ml
This was my first bottle of this scent and it is my favourite Soap & Glory body wash. I love it because it is in my beloved Mist You Madly scent! It is expensive for a body wash but it is very creamy and it lathers really well, but most of all it lasts for ever. I won’t be re-purchasing yet because I have two other Soap & Glory body washes to use up.
Price - £6

Schwarzkopf Palette Intensive Cream Colour – 678 Ruby Red
I always use this particular hair dye when I dye my hair. It is a really bright coppery red and after a few weeks my hair stays a similar red/brown colour until my roots start to grow through, which is typically when I get a haircut and dye it. I always buy this from a discount store and it is usually around £1.99.
Price - £3.98

ASDA Little Angels Baby Wipes (fragrance free) – 64 wipes
These are just basic wipes really and I happened to be in ASDA when I need some, so I chose these because they came in a big box of six for £4.50.
Price - 78p

Purity Plus+ Deep Pore Cleansing 2 in 1 Cleansing & Toning Lotion – 150ml
This was my first bottle because I wanted to try it. I bought it because I was already using a cleanser like this, but this one is a toner too so I thought it would be better than the one I was using. I really like this and my face felt so clean after using it. I used it every morning before moisturising. I will be re-purchasing it but I am currently finishing off a Morrisons cleanser.
Price - 99p

Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer in 010 Ivory – 7ml
This is my current favourite concealer and I love it! It conceals signs of fatigue, adapts to your skin tone, brightens your under eye area and looks flawless. It definitely recommend it and I have already re-purchased it. I have reviewed it here.
Price - £5.99

Right Guard Women Total Defence 5 48H Invisible Power Anti-Perspirant Deodorant – 250ml
I still love this and still keep re-purchasing it!
Price - £2+

dermaV10 Re-Energiser Eye Roll-On – 15ml
This is supposed to make your eyes look wide awake and minimise the blue/purple tones under your eye, for a temporary effect. It should also make the under eye smooth, so it is a good base to apply concealer over. It does slightly work if the blue/purple tones aren’t very strong, but other than that it doesn’t do much. Having said that it is cooling and makes your under eye area smooth ready for concealer, but I could live without it so I will not be re-purchasing. I also already bought a different eye cream to test.
Price - £2.49

Soap & Glory DR SPOT™ Invisible Spot Fighting Gel – 15ml
It took me a very long time to finally finish this product! It does work and it does dry spots out really well, but I found that’s all it did for me. It still took a long time for the redness to go. It is ok, but I wouldn’t re-purchase it because it is expensive for what it is.
Price - £8

Soap & Glory The Breakfast Scrub™ – 300ml
This was my second tub of this and I still love it. It is not too abrasive, but definitely makes your skin feel soft and even for a couple of days after use. I will not be re-purchasing it straight away because I am now working my way through a different body scrub from Soap & Glory.
Price - £8

Soap & Glory Peaches And Clean™ – 200ml
I think this was my third bottle of this and I still really like using it. The packaging has recently been re-designed and now looks a lot plainer (click here to see). It has also gone up £1 in price, but I will still continue to purchase it because it really works for my skin. I already have a backup, so no need to run out and buy another one just yet!
Price - £8

Glade Aerosol in Relaxing Zen – 300ml
I got this because I thought it was similar to one Glade used to do called Pure Zen. Pure Zen was really strong and lovely. This one does smell near enough the same, but it is not strong at all. You can barely smell it once you have sprayed it, so needless to say I will not be re-purchasing it.
Price - £3

Maybelline One by One Volum’ Express Mascara – 10.4ml
I had the shade Very Black and this was my second tube of this mascara. This was one of my favourite ever mascaras and has sadly been discontinued! It gave my lashes volume, length, definition, separation and most importantly, no clumps! Farewell my lovely! L
Price - £8.49

Soap & Glory Foam Call™ Body Wash – 500ml
This was my first bottle of this scent and it is really nice. It is the Soap & Glory Fruitigo scent and it is the same quality as the other scents. It lathers really well and lasts a very, very long time. I would re-purchase.
Price - £6.50

I hope you enjoyed reading. I think my next empties post will be a two month one, but it depends how much I use up next month.

Thanks for reading! J

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jouer Skinny Dip Palette

I first saw this palette when Jouer released their Skinny Dip make-up collection and I nearly bought it, but I changed my mind because I already have a million palettes. As you can see, I have changed my mind again and I am very glad that I did. The packaging is quite compact. It is made out of reflective foil gold cardboard and the typography is simple. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift to reveal a small rectangular mirror on one side and then the six eyeshadow pans on the other. The shade names are written underneath each pan. You get six ultra-foil shimmer eyeshadows in blinding shades with a net weight of 7.5g. The sixth shade is actually described as more of a glitter shade. STAR LIGHT - platinum BIKINI - champagne pink SKINNY DIP - champagne gold TAN LINES - antique bronze MAGIC HOUR - warm taupe MIDNIGHT SWIM - cocoa bronze The eyeshadows should be highly pigmented, have an intense shimmery and metallic finish, be long wearing and cre

BPERFECT Cosmetics X Stacey Marie Carnival III: Love Tahiti Palette - Swatches

Please Note: I mean’t to review this palette a while ago, but didn’t get around to it. I thought I would still share the pictures with you. You can purchase the BPERFECT Cosmetics X Stacey Marie Carnival III: Love Tahiti Palette for £36.95 from BPerfectCosmetics.com . | I purchased this palette for £36.95 from BeautyBay.com | | Swatch Stencil: Stripes Double 36 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk | | M = Matte, ME = Metallic, HPS = High Pigment Shimmer & DSPP = Duo-Shift Pressed Pigment |

Review: Rimmel Wake Me Up

Wake Me Up Foundation I bought this after seeing the advertisement for it on Rimmel’s Facebook, and I thought the description sounded perfect for me. The packaging is made of glass and it has a curved shape, with the Rimmel logo and product name printed in the centre on a bit of plastic tape. The cap is a slanted block shape made of plastic and it is a bright orange colour with glitter sparkle. This product has an orange plastic pump, which dispenses the product. All the relevant information is printed on the back, like most products. It is also packaged in a plastic wrapper, with a security tag. This product is marketed as a foundation that “instantly reawakens skin, with a healthy, radiant glow”. It is also mean’t to be light weight and give a poreless and flawless complexion. It also contains SPF15 for sun protection and illuminating pearls, which is mean’t to give your face a natural glow. It is also mean’t to “bounce your skin back to life” and banish the signs of fat