Skip to main content

Review: Rimmel Match Perfection

Match Perfection Foundation
This one of my sisters favourite foundations and I was looking to try a new one, so I thought I would give this one try.
The packaging is made of glass and it has a cylindrical shape, with the Rimmel logo and product name printed in the centre on a bit of plastic tape. The cap is a slanted cylindrical shape made of plastic and it is a navy blue colour with a slight sparkle sheen. This product has a navy plastic pump, which dispenses the foundation. All the relevant information is printed on the back, like the majority of foundations. It is also packaged in a plastic wrapper with a security tag. The formula is very thin and you get 30ml of product in the bottle and I have it in the shade 100 Ivory.
This foundation has SPF 18 in it, so it is sun safe and it is mean’t to last all day. The coverage is medium to full and it is supposed to look natural and be undetectable under light, which means people shouldn’t be able to tell you are wearing it, even when you’re under bright light. Rimmel call this light perfecting radiance and it is mean’t to brighten up your face.

I do quite like this foundation. It is very different to the Rimmel Wake Me Up, which I have a review of here and I think this one may be slightly better. I use one pump for my whole face because the product is very thin and slightly liquidly, which means you are able to spread it out more. It is quite smooth and it has SPF18, so it glides on and looks even and it matches my skin very well. You can’t tell you are wearing it because it does match your skin very well and your face looks very bright, so when the light catches your face it looks like you have a natural glow. It doesn’t last all day on my skin, but it depends on your skin type. My skin is kind of oily and my face gets really warm in the Summer, so it is likely to slide off if I get really sweaty. Other than that I would say the coverage is medium because of the thin texture and it does cover quite a bit, but I still use concealer under my eyes and on any red spots.

Overall I do like this foundation and I would consider re-purchasing it in the future.

Price - £6.99     Rating - 4.5/5
Recommend - Yes        Re-Purchase - Yes
Available at - Superdrug, Boots

 
Match Perfection Concealer
I bought this concealer way before I got the foundation and had heard about it on YouTube and thought I would give it a try.

The packaging is made of a flexible plastic material, which is a slight tanned beige colour. The cap is made of blue plastic and has a cylindrical pointed shape. The applicator is a brush and you have to squeeze the tube for the product to dispense through the bristles. The formula is light and smooth, you get 7ml of product in the tube and I have the shade 010 Ivory.
This concealer is mean’t to conceal signs of fatigue and highlight and illuminate your under eye area. Each shade is supposed to adapt to your skin tone and the brush applicator should be soft for precision and delicate areas.

I really like this concealer and I think it may be my favourite and the best one I have ever tried! The brush applicator is soft and very easy to use and the texture of the concealer is very smooth and it adapts to my skin tone very well and makes your under eye area look flawless, bright and illuminating. The product is very easy to blend and gives good coverage as well as concealing any signs of fatigue. I do recommend setting it with a powder to add protection. It can crease slightly and settle in fine lines, but if you use a powder and don’t use too much of the concealer, that shouldn’t happen.

Overall I really like this concealer and have already re-purchased it and probably will continue to do so.

Price - £5.99     Rating - 4.5/5
Recommend - Yes        Re-Purchase - Yes
Available at - Superdrug, Boots

I hope you found both of these reviews helpful,
Let me know your thoughts below.

I’ll be back on Wednesday with another post

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jouer Skinny Dip Palette

I first saw this palette when Jouer released their Skinny Dip make-up collection and I nearly bought it, but I changed my mind because I already have a million palettes. As you can see, I have changed my mind again and I am very glad that I did. The packaging is quite compact. It is made out of reflective foil gold cardboard and the typography is simple. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift to reveal a small rectangular mirror on one side and then the six eyeshadow pans on the other. The shade names are written underneath each pan. You get six ultra-foil shimmer eyeshadows in blinding shades with a net weight of 7.5g. The sixth shade is actually described as more of a glitter shade. STAR LIGHT - platinum BIKINI - champagne pink SKINNY DIP - champagne gold TAN LINES - antique bronze MAGIC HOUR - warm taupe MIDNIGHT SWIM - cocoa bronze The eyeshadows should be highly pigmented, have an intense shimmery and metallic finish, be long wearing and cre

BPERFECT Cosmetics X Stacey Marie Carnival III: Love Tahiti Palette - Swatches

Please Note: I mean’t to review this palette a while ago, but didn’t get around to it. I thought I would still share the pictures with you. You can purchase the BPERFECT Cosmetics X Stacey Marie Carnival III: Love Tahiti Palette for £36.95 from BPerfectCosmetics.com . | I purchased this palette for £36.95 from BeautyBay.com | | Swatch Stencil: Stripes Double 36 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk | | M = Matte, ME = Metallic, HPS = High Pigment Shimmer & DSPP = Duo-Shift Pressed Pigment |

Review: Rimmel Wake Me Up

Wake Me Up Foundation I bought this after seeing the advertisement for it on Rimmel’s Facebook, and I thought the description sounded perfect for me. The packaging is made of glass and it has a curved shape, with the Rimmel logo and product name printed in the centre on a bit of plastic tape. The cap is a slanted block shape made of plastic and it is a bright orange colour with glitter sparkle. This product has an orange plastic pump, which dispenses the product. All the relevant information is printed on the back, like most products. It is also packaged in a plastic wrapper, with a security tag. This product is marketed as a foundation that “instantly reawakens skin, with a healthy, radiant glow”. It is also mean’t to be light weight and give a poreless and flawless complexion. It also contains SPF15 for sun protection and illuminating pearls, which is mean’t to give your face a natural glow. It is also mean’t to “bounce your skin back to life” and banish the signs of fat