Skip to main content

MUA Power Pout Colour Intense Tint & Balms

I first saw these products on the MUA blog and I instantly knew I had to try them because they are the sort of lip product I am interested in. Bold colours but suitable if you are afraid of colour because they are not as powerful as your standard lipstick, so right up my street.

The packaging is like most chubby lip crayons. It has a chubby plastic barrel and the colour of each barrel reflects what the shade is. It has the silver band around the base of the barrel and the plastic lid, which is also the same colour as the barrel. For application you twist the silver band and the product will push up through the barrel. The tip of the crayon is pointy and slightly skinny and the formula is light and glossy. I’m not sure exactly how much product you get, but if you twist it up completely you can see 3.5cm of the product and there could be more hidden in the barrel, which may require the use of a lip brush to get it out.
There are currently six shades available which include, Broken Hearted, Crazy In Love, Irreplaceable, Justify, Rendezvous and Runway. The shades range from subtle to intense and there is a colour for everyone.

After swatching all the shades I decided to pick up Irreplaceable, which is a hot raspberry pink and Justify, which is a soft pink coral.
This chubby lip crayon should give your lips intense colour and be easy to build from a soft sheer look to intensity. It should be easy to use and dispense, be moisturising for your lips as well as treating them if they are dry or cracked. Most of all, your lips should look “good enough to kiss” – MUAstore.co.uk.
I really like this product. The packaging is lovely and it is very easy to use and dispense. It has a slight minty scent and is quite moisturising on the lips. You can easily build the colour from a soft sheer shade by blending it with your finger and then for intense colour pay off, just apply it straight from the barrel. The brighter the colour you choose, the more intense the overall colour payoff is. The colour can last up to two hours on your lips if you do not eat or drink anything and then after you can see the slight tint/stain that is left behind. I’m not sure whether it would really treat your lips though. I prefer a regular lip balm for treatment because if you apply a bright colour over dry or cracked lips it would be very obvious and I’m guessing your lips would look even more ghastly. The only real problem I have with this product is that the lid is not very secure. If you leave it rolling around in your handbag, you are likely to find it lidless and the colour smushed all around the interior of your handbag!

Overall your lips do look good enough to kiss and I would definitely consider purchasing more shades and I hope MUA bring out more Summer time shades.
           
Price - £3         Rating - 4.5/5
Recommend - Yes       Re-Purchase - Yes
Available at - MUAstore.co.uk, Superdrug

Thank you for reading.
Let me know if you have tried them and what you think of them.
See you next time J

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jouer Skinny Dip Palette

I first saw this palette when Jouer released their Skinny Dip make-up collection and I nearly bought it, but I changed my mind because I already have a million palettes. As you can see, I have changed my mind again and I am very glad that I did. The packaging is quite compact. It is made out of reflective foil gold cardboard and the typography is simple. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift to reveal a small rectangular mirror on one side and then the six eyeshadow pans on the other. The shade names are written underneath each pan. You get six ultra-foil shimmer eyeshadows in blinding shades with a net weight of 7.5g. The sixth shade is actually described as more of a glitter shade. STAR LIGHT - platinum BIKINI - champagne pink SKINNY DIP - champagne gold TAN LINES - antique bronze MAGIC HOUR - warm taupe MIDNIGHT SWIM - cocoa bronze The eyeshadows should be highly pigmented, have an intense shimmery and metallic finish, be long wearing and cre

BPERFECT Cosmetics X Stacey Marie Carnival III: Love Tahiti Palette - Swatches

Please Note: I mean’t to review this palette a while ago, but didn’t get around to it. I thought I would still share the pictures with you. You can purchase the BPERFECT Cosmetics X Stacey Marie Carnival III: Love Tahiti Palette for £36.95 from BPerfectCosmetics.com . | I purchased this palette for £36.95 from BeautyBay.com | | Swatch Stencil: Stripes Double 36 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk | | M = Matte, ME = Metallic, HPS = High Pigment Shimmer & DSPP = Duo-Shift Pressed Pigment |

Review: Rimmel Wake Me Up

Wake Me Up Foundation I bought this after seeing the advertisement for it on Rimmel’s Facebook, and I thought the description sounded perfect for me. The packaging is made of glass and it has a curved shape, with the Rimmel logo and product name printed in the centre on a bit of plastic tape. The cap is a slanted block shape made of plastic and it is a bright orange colour with glitter sparkle. This product has an orange plastic pump, which dispenses the product. All the relevant information is printed on the back, like most products. It is also packaged in a plastic wrapper, with a security tag. This product is marketed as a foundation that “instantly reawakens skin, with a healthy, radiant glow”. It is also mean’t to be light weight and give a poreless and flawless complexion. It also contains SPF15 for sun protection and illuminating pearls, which is mean’t to give your face a natural glow. It is also mean’t to “bounce your skin back to life” and banish the signs of fat