Skip to main content

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters

These were first launched in the USA and I remember waiting for a while for them to arrive in the UK. When they finally arrived I knew I had to try them out. I waited until they were on offer at £5.99 and I wanted to pick shades I knew I would wear and because they are not lipsticks I thought I would be safe to pick up a brighter colour I wouldn’t usually choose.
The packaging is made of plastic and has a sort of quilted design on two sides of four and the colour of the packaging corresponds to the shade it is housing. The base is black plastic, which has the shade sticker. The cylindrical tube the product is dispensed from is made of reflective silver plastic. To dispense the product, you pull the packaging off and twist the base. The butter is slanted in shape and has a flat base. It is a gel formula with mango, shea and cocoa butter. You get 2.5g of product in each tube. There are many shades ranging from light to dark, but I currently only have two.
The two shades I have are Peach Parfait (025), which is a light nude pink with a golden sheen and Sweet Tart (090), which is a bright slightly coral hot pink.
This product is supposed to be buttery in texture so that it glides onto your lips. It should be moisturising and hydrating, as well as making your lips feel soft and giving them a beautiful sheer to medium colour and a healthy shine.

First of all, the packaging is lovely and very practical and you can easily see the different shades. It glides onto your lips like butter, but it doesn’t give full coverage, so you may be able to see your natural lip colour through the shade you put on. The colour payoff is sheer to medium for the beautiful shades and your lips are finished off with a healthy shine. It does feel like a lip balm when you have applied it to your lips and it makes them feel soft. It only makes your lips feel moisturised and hydrated when you are actually wearing it. When the product has worn away the effects wear away with it. The major plus point is that they are very easy to build and the brighter the colour, the more vibrant it will look on your lips after being layered. The lip butters last around three hours on the lips without food and drink. The brighter colours tend to last a little longer.

Overall this is a great product and it perfect for people who would like to wear bolder colours on their lips, but find that lipsticks can be too harsh. The only downside I find is that since it is a lip butter, you would expect your lips to still feel a bit nourished even when the colour has worn away, but they don’t, having said that I have already got my eye on another shade called Berry Smoothie.

Price - £7.99     Rating - 4/5
Recommend - Yes        Re-Purchase - Yes
Available at - Superdrug, Boots, Target

Bye

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jouer Skinny Dip Palette

I first saw this palette when Jouer released their Skinny Dip make-up collection and I nearly bought it, but I changed my mind because I already have a million palettes. As you can see, I have changed my mind again and I am very glad that I did. The packaging is quite compact. It is made out of reflective foil gold cardboard and the typography is simple. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift to reveal a small rectangular mirror on one side and then the six eyeshadow pans on the other. The shade names are written underneath each pan. You get six ultra-foil shimmer eyeshadows in blinding shades with a net weight of 7.5g. The sixth shade is actually described as more of a glitter shade. STAR LIGHT - platinum BIKINI - champagne pink SKINNY DIP - champagne gold TAN LINES - antique bronze MAGIC HOUR - warm taupe MIDNIGHT SWIM - cocoa bronze The eyeshadows should be highly pigmented, have an intense shimmery and metallic finish, be long wearing and cre

KALEIDOS Space Age Highlighters

A few posts ago I mentioned that I purchased a Kaleidos Space Age Highlighter from Depop and I said I really wanted the whole collection (8 highlighters) and was considering purchasing the whole bundle. The bundle was and is still out of stock, so I caved in and went for the second best option. I ended up purchasing The Six Highlighter Bundle, where you choose six of the shades and you get their Precision Highlighter Brush, all for $76.00 (£60.70). With this option I would only be missing out on one shade. My order was shipped from China and took 10 days to get to me. The shipping was FREE as I spent over $70.00 and I wasn’t charged any customs fees. Inside the main package is the bright bundle box, it looks like a present/gift. When you open this up, the highlighters and brush are inside the metallic padded envelope. I already own the shade Ray Rider (N03) (champagne sheen with a peach hint). Click HERE to read my first impressions of it and see a swatch. Please forgi

Urban Decay Super Saturated High-Gloss Lip Color

I received this product as part of the Oz: The Great and Powerful Theodora Palette, which also includes eyeliner. I am going to review the product as a whole, even though I only have it in the one shade. This product is a jumbo/chubby lip pencil with a black plastic lid. It is just like the Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliners, but bigger. Each barrel of each pencil is a different colour, to clearly show the colour of each shade. Theodora is a bright, creamy, glossy cherry red shade and is Limited Edition, but it is part of the regular line and is instead called F-Bomb . You get 2.8g of product and it is full size. You also have to sharpen it to dispense more product. The formula is smooth, creamy, glossy and slightly tacky, but not sticky. This product is supposed to give your lips an opaque, saturated and pigment rich colour with a glossy finish. It is also mean’t to be quite creamy so that it glides onto your lips. The product is also said to contain plant derived ingredients, whi