Skip to main content

Boots Fragrance Sampler Gift Set for Her 2015

I decided to treat myself to this little fragrance set. As you know, I am a perfume addict and I’m quite addicted to collecting perfume samples too! It’s this year’s Boots Fragrance Sampler set for Her. I saw last year’s advertised but I always thought it was a little expensive for what you get. The set basically contains eight samples of Boots best-selling female fragrances by other brands.
The set comes in a small, thin cardboard box and each sample is set inside a plastic insert. You also get a small fragrance guide and the voucher, which is what you’ll need to get your full size bottle of your favourite sample.
The eight samples in this year’s set are:-

HUGO BOSS - Boss Ma Vie
This is a 2ml sample vile in pipette form and can be exchanged for a 30ml bottle of the eau de parfum.

“Inspired by the independent spirit of a woman, exuding a glow of femininity and confidence. Created around the cactus blossom, aiming to reinvent and modernize floral green notes with a delicate pink twist”

This scent does come across quite green, but still light, fresh and feminine. The pink twist definitely gives it that clean softer scent.  I actually quite like it and I would say that it is mostly a daytime scent.

HUGO BOSS - Hugo Woman
This is a 2ml sample vile in pipette form and can be exchanged for a 30ml bottle of the eau de parfum.

“Daring and confident, yet feminine. It is the scent for modern, stylish women who live life their way. An unconventional blend of rich florals and daring fruity notes with an unexpected twist”

This smells completely different to the Boss Ma Vie scent; it comes across more sultry and kind of sexy. You can really smell the floral side, but the fruity twist softens it a bit. I think this would be more of a night time scent.

CAROLINA HERRERA - 212 VIP
This is a 1.5ml sample vile in spritzer form and can be exchanged for a 30ml bottle of the eau de parfum.

“A floriental eau de parfum evoking New York style and attitude. Blended with sensual notes of bergamot, vanilla and musk”

This is definitely a more mature scent because it is quite dry, musky and floral smelling. It does smell nice, but it is not my kind of scent.

VERSACE - Bright Crystal
This is a 1ml sample vile in spritzer form and can be exchanged for a 50ml bottle of the eau de toilette.

“An enthralling and voluptuous fragrance, for the Versace woman who is strong and confident yet feminine, sensual, and always glamorous”

I actually already have a mini bottle of this from a set I got last Christmas, so I know I do like this scent. It smells sparkling and floral, but it doesn’t smell mature. This scent reminds me of spring.
JUICY COUTURE - I Am Juicy Couture
This is a 1.5ml sample vile in spritzer form and can be exchanged for a 30ml bottle of the eau de parfum.

“Combines ripe, juicy fruits to open this bold and alluring scent before blending a seductive mixture of Gardenia and Cashmere Woods”

This scent kind of reminds of an old GlitterBabes perfume called Sugar Plum. It doesn’t smell how I expected, it’s ok, but the cashmere woods note makes my head spin! It reminds me of winter and it is definitely not my kind of scent.

JIMMY CHOO - Jimmy Choo
This is a 2ml sample vile in spritzer form and can be exchanged for a 40ml bottle of the eau de parfum.

“Jimmy Choo Eau de Parfum expresses an aura of strength and beauty. Glamorous in attitude, the fragrance is a modern Fruity Chypre with warm, rich, woody depths”

This is a really woody and musky scent. It is totally not for me! It is what I would call a ‘granny’s perfume’. I do not like it at all.

PACO RABANNE - Lady Million Eau My Gold!
This is a 1.5ml sample vile in spritzer form and can be exchanged for a 50ml bottle of the eau de toilette.

“An invitation to enjoy incredible luxury and the fantasy of an extraordinary show – a fruity floral fragrance composed around a vibration between mango and the zesty freshness of grapefruit”

I thought I would like this one seeing as though I love the original Lady Million, but I’m disappointed. You can clearly smell the fruity notes, but there’s one note that doesn’t agree with me and it makes me feel ill. I think it might be the cedar mixed with the musk. It doesn’t smell anything like the original.

PACO RABANNE - Black XS For Her
This is a 1.2ml sample vile in spritzer form and can be exchanged for a 50ml bottle of the eau de toilette.

“The baroque ‘n’ roll fragrance for rebel princesses! A radiant, fruity and woody fragrance for a woman who is surprising, sparkling and lives her life to the full”

You can really smell the vanilla and rose in the scent, it kind of reminds me of Euphoria by Calvin Klein. It has a woodsy musky scent that’s kind of soft and sparkling, but strong and dark at the same time. I would definitely say it is a night time scent.

After sampling each one, I am going to use my voucher to get Hugo Boss Boss Ma Vie. It is very light and is probably the least offensive out of the lot. I think it would appeal to a lot of people because it smells very fresh. I was tempted to choose Black XS, but after a lot of thought I knew I would most likely never choose it over anything else in my collection. I also ruled out Bright Crystal, it is nice but I already have a bottle (even though it’s mini) and I didn’t want to be stuck with a bottle just because I had to choose one.

Overall I think this would make a great gift for a special lady in your life this Christmas. I personally was disappointed with the line-up, but they are the most popular ones sold at Boots. I am a perfume addict, but this goes to show I am quite picky. Out of all eight scents, there were only two I would have even considered (Boss Ma Vie & Bright Crystal). I am interested in trying future versions, but hopefully they might contain more scents that match my personal scent tastes. All that is left now is for me to cash in my voucher and collect my 30ml bottle of Boss Ma Vie from my nearest Boots store.

Price - £36.00   Rating - 5/5
Recommend - Yes       Re-Purchase - Yes
Available at - Boots

Would you give this set as a gift this Christmas?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jouer Skinny Dip Palette

I first saw this palette when Jouer released their Skinny Dip make-up collection and I nearly bought it, but I changed my mind because I already have a million palettes. As you can see, I have changed my mind again and I am very glad that I did. The packaging is quite compact. It is made out of reflective foil gold cardboard and the typography is simple. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift to reveal a small rectangular mirror on one side and then the six eyeshadow pans on the other. The shade names are written underneath each pan. You get six ultra-foil shimmer eyeshadows in blinding shades with a net weight of 7.5g. The sixth shade is actually described as more of a glitter shade. STAR LIGHT - platinum BIKINI - champagne pink SKINNY DIP - champagne gold TAN LINES - antique bronze MAGIC HOUR - warm taupe MIDNIGHT SWIM - cocoa bronze The eyeshadows should be highly pigmented, have an intense shimmery and metallic finish, be long wearing and cre

Review: Rimmel Wake Me Up

Wake Me Up Foundation I bought this after seeing the advertisement for it on Rimmel’s Facebook, and I thought the description sounded perfect for me. The packaging is made of glass and it has a curved shape, with the Rimmel logo and product name printed in the centre on a bit of plastic tape. The cap is a slanted block shape made of plastic and it is a bright orange colour with glitter sparkle. This product has an orange plastic pump, which dispenses the product. All the relevant information is printed on the back, like most products. It is also packaged in a plastic wrapper, with a security tag. This product is marketed as a foundation that “instantly reawakens skin, with a healthy, radiant glow”. It is also mean’t to be light weight and give a poreless and flawless complexion. It also contains SPF15 for sun protection and illuminating pearls, which is mean’t to give your face a natural glow. It is also mean’t to “bounce your skin back to life” and banish the signs of fat

KALEIDOS Futurism V: Electro-Turquoise Palette - Swatches

Please Note: I mean’t to review this palette a while ago, but didn’t get around to it. I thought I would still share the swatches with you. THE SHADES & SWATCHES Wired - dark chocolate brown (M) Digiteal - deep teal blue (M) TRON - aqua blue with golden-green iridescence (DC) Voltaic - neon tangerine (M) Forcefield - cyan blue (M) Shockwave - white platinum with frosted diamond iridescence (DC)   You can purchase the KALEIDOS Futurism V: Electro-Turquoise Palette for $24.00 from KaleidosMakeup.com .   | I purchased this palette for £32.00 from Depop.com |   | DC = Duo-chrome & M = Matte |