Skip to main content

Serial Sampler #42

I have wanted to try this fragrance for a very long time and I have seen the advertisements with Charlize Theron countless times over the years. For some reason, I just didn’t look for it to test so I thought it was about time I did. I decided to purchase a sample online.
 
It is J’adore by Christian Dior and it is a 1ml spritzer sample of the eau de parfum.
 
J’adore’s original composition is a sophisticated harmony blossoming from Comoro Islands Ylang-Ylang and Damascus Rose Essences and Jasmine Sambac Absolute.

Launched: 1999
 
Type: Floral Fruity / Feminine

Notes
Top: Pear, Melon, Magnolia, Peach, Mandarin Orange and Bergamot.
Middle: Jasmine, Lily-Of-The-Valley, Tuberose, Freesia, Rose, Orchid, Plum and Violet.
Base: Musk, Vanilla, Blackberry and Cedar.
My assumption before testing this fragrance is that it would smell like an old classic (old lady) floral. It is very floral, but you do get the hit of the fresh fruity notes. I can mostly detect the Magnolia, Bergamot, Jasmine Freesia and Musk notes. I can’t really detect the individual fruity notes, but I know they are there. It is more florally based than I would like or typically wear, but it does smell good and not too mature. I don’t think I would go out and purchase a bottle though as it is floral heavy.
 
You can purchase the Christian Dior J’adore Eau De Parfum in 30ml (£55.00), 50ml (£78.00), 100ml (£112.00) and 150ml (£142.00) from Dior.com.
 
| I purchased this sample for £2.75 from eBay.co.uk |

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perfume Power! - DKNY 'Be Delicious'

Photo:  FashionDayDreams.com My Mum went to a car boot sale and found this and bought it. My Mum didn’t like it so she gave it to my sister and then my sister gave it to me. The bottle is a sphere shape inspired by an apple. On the smaller sizes the cap is basic like on most perfumes and is made of silver reflective plastic. The bottle base is made of translucent bottle green glass. On the bigger sizes the cap doesn’t come off and it is the actual dispenser, so when you press it down the perfume sprays. The fragrance notes are:- Top Notes: Grapefruit, Cucumber & Magnolia Middle Notes: Tuberose, Rose, Lily-of-the-Valley, Violet & Green Apple Base Notes: Sandalwood, Amber & Wood This perfume smells fruity, floral and fresh and the apple scent really stands out. It is also quite a strong scent, but it is not overpowering. I also think that it is quite universal as it is not sweet. Lastly because the scent is quite strong, it lasts quite a long time...

Oden's Eye Alva Eyeshadow Palette

I first heard of this indie brand through watching Angelika Oles’ beauty channel on YouTube. Oden’s Eye is a Swedish indie brand and they make Norse mythology themed products. This is the second of two eyeshadow palettes I decided to purchase. I also picked up the two matching highlighter palettes.   THE PACKAGING The packaging is small and square in shape and is made out of cardboard. The design and imagery is so unique to the brand. Alva means elf in Swedish. The base colour of the packaging is a dusty pink and it has flowers and grapes printed on it. There is also the silver reflective elf graphic. The palette has a magnetic closing/opening, which you lift up to reveal the small round mirror and small circular pans on a dusty pink base. The eyeshadow shade names are printed in gold font above each, they kind of wrap around the pans. THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA You get sixteen 1.25g eyeshadows in Matte (M), Diamond Glitter (DG), Chunky Glitter (CG) and Metallic (ME) finishes. ...

First Haul of May!

I am hauling a few items that I have purchased recently from various different places. I was really excited about my new brush holder, I love them! From Boots I bought a Max Factor Xperience Mascara in Black, the price would have been £10.99, but I got £3 off because I had a voucher from Easter. I also got a free product from Max Factor because I bought one of their mascaras, the gift was the same for everyone but you could pick the shade you wanted, I got the Smoky Effect Eyeshadow in Bronze Haze (2), I chose this one because the colours are neutral, the price would have been £7.99. From Superdrug I just bought NYC Expert Last Nail Polish in Lights-Camera-Glitter (105), for £2.49. I had been wanting this polish for a while, but my Superdrug hardly ever restock the NYC counter, so I couldn’t get it, but I was in luck this time. From Morrisons I bought another Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation in 100 Ivory, because it was on offer at £5.99, so I bought it for when I run out of...