Skip to main content

KALEIDOS Futurism II: Cyber Bronze Palette

 
I have seen these palettes before on YouTube, a few people I follow have featured them in palette collection videos. The colour stories always looked incredible, but I knew I probably wouldn’t get much use out of them as the colours are bright and you are limited to six shades. I had only really seen the Futurism III: Astro-Pink, Futurism I: Sci-Fi Green, Futurism IV: VR Neon and Futurism V: Electro-Turquoise ones before. When I made my first Kaleidos order, I didn’t bother looking at the palettes as I knew I wanted the highlighters and it was going to be pricey as it was. I was browsing through Depop on the day my order arrived and came across the Futurism II: Cyber Bronze Palette. I think the seller must have received her order the same day as me. I instantly fell in love with the colour story, but I pondered over whether to purchase it or not. At 3am the next morning (insomnia), I bit the bullet and made my purchase. It was brand new and untouched, I just couldn’t!
THE PACKAGING
The packaging is a long thin rectangle shape and the concept reminds me of a wardrobe. There is a bronze themed marble design (martian rock) all over the packaging. It has a magnetic closing and you open up the left side first and then the right side to reveal the circular eyeshadow pans and long thin mirror inside. The sort of bronze marbled design continues to the inside. The eyeshadow names come printed on a plastic sheet.
THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA
You get six 1.33g eyeshadows/pressed pigments in Matte (M), Metallic (ME) and Shimmer (S) finishes.
 
·        Rich and Velvety Texture
·        Smooth as Silk Application
·        Ultra-Pigmented
·        Blends Effortlessly
·        Highly Adhesive (no creasing)
·        Minimum Fallout
·        Long Lasting
·        Vegan
·        Cruelty-Free
 
THE SHADES & SWATCHES
Quantum -
copper rose (S)
Infrared - deep maroon (S)*
Plasma - quicksilver with white shine (ME)
Droid - sandy caramel (M)
Y2K - java brown (M)
Carbon - charcoal brown (M)*
 
The shades marked with an asterisk (*) are Pressed Pigments. According to USA Law, Pressed Pigments are not intended for use around the immediate eye area as they can cause temporary staining to the area of skin they are applied to.
 
MY THOUGHTS
·        Primer/Base - The eyeshadows are pigmented enough without a primer or base, but I would always lay one down. I used Too Faced Shadow Insurance and Too Faced Glitter Glue.
·        Pigmentation - These eyeshadows swatch beautifully and I am happy to say that the same level of pigmentation also transfers on to the eyes with brush/finger application. They are buttery, soft and smooth and it is one of the most pigmented palettes I own.
·        Application (wet/dry) - The eyeshadows can be applied wet or dry. I always use mattes dry, unless I am applying them to my lower lash line or using them as eyeliner. I sometimes apply metallics/shimmers wet, but it depends on the formula and whether they contain glitters. Wet application can max up the pigmentation and help prevent fallout.
·        Blending - This was so effortless and the shades blend together very well.
·        Kick-Back - Obviously, there is always going to be kick-back in your eyeshadow pans as you are disturbing powders. The kick-back was not a concern or issue for me in this particular palette.
·        Fallout - I didn’t notice any at all, but it is possible to get some from the metallic shade (Plasma), if you do not apply a tacky enough base.
 
I absolutely love this palette! Not only do KALEIDOS kill it with their space age highlighters, they also slay with their eyeshadow palettes! The shade selection really complements each other and it is very easy to create looks. This palette can take you from a wearable day-to-day look to a molten metallic evening look. My favourite shade is of course Plasma, but I am also a sucker for a light warm brown matte and Droid is perfection as a transition shade. The shade Infrared does actually apply quite well with a soft hair brush, which really surprised me. Usually all shimmer/metallic shades are best applied with a stiff flat synthetic brush or your finger. The only downside is that I wish the palette had more shades. The colour story is right up my street, neutral/natural matte tones and then molten metallics. A bronze gold shade would have looked gorgeous in this palette. I also wish that the shade names were printed underneath each shade in the palette rather than having the little plastic sheet. I just glued the sheet over the mirror, I did consider using my label maker to print tiny shade name labels, but the gluing option took less time. I have actually purchased five more of the Futurism Palettes and I will post about them soon.
 
You can purchase the KALEIDOS Futurism II: Cyber Bronze Palette Palette for $24.00 (£18.28) exclusively from KaleidosMakeUp.com.
 
| I purchased this palette for £32.00 from Depop.com |
 
| Swatch Stencil: Stripes 7 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk |

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Katie Price 'Stunning' Perfume VS JoJo Siwa 'Be You' Perfume - Are they the same?

I was browsing on AllBeauty.com and looking at celebrity fragrances and I saw that one was listed for JoJo Siwa. I had heard of JoJo before, but I don’t really know anything about her. I clicked on it out of interest and when I first saw the image of the perfume, I thought maybe the wrong photograph had been uploaded until I clicked on it and saw the description of the perfume. When I first saw the photograph, before I clicked on it to read the description, I instantly thought, that’s Stunning by Katie Price! I looked into it a bit more and compared it to Stunning. The JoJo Siwa “version” is called Be You. Photo Source: Perfume.com Stunning by Katie Price ·          Released in 2007 (12 years ago). ·          Contains the notes; Mandarin Orange, Jasmine & Patchouli. ·          Classed as a floral scent. ·          Marketed as an adult’s fragrance. ·          Diamonds by Next is a confirmed dupe of this perfume, but the bottle is completely different. You w

Jouer Skinny Dip Palette

I first saw this palette when Jouer released their Skinny Dip make-up collection and I nearly bought it, but I changed my mind because I already have a million palettes. As you can see, I have changed my mind again and I am very glad that I did. The packaging is quite compact. It is made out of reflective foil gold cardboard and the typography is simple. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift to reveal a small rectangular mirror on one side and then the six eyeshadow pans on the other. The shade names are written underneath each pan. You get six ultra-foil shimmer eyeshadows in blinding shades with a net weight of 7.5g. The sixth shade is actually described as more of a glitter shade. STAR LIGHT - platinum BIKINI - champagne pink SKINNY DIP - champagne gold TAN LINES - antique bronze MAGIC HOUR - warm taupe MIDNIGHT SWIM - cocoa bronze The eyeshadows should be highly pigmented, have an intense shimmery and metallic finish, be long wearing and cre

Urban Decay Super Saturated High-Gloss Lip Color

I received this product as part of the Oz: The Great and Powerful Theodora Palette, which also includes eyeliner. I am going to review the product as a whole, even though I only have it in the one shade. This product is a jumbo/chubby lip pencil with a black plastic lid. It is just like the Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliners, but bigger. Each barrel of each pencil is a different colour, to clearly show the colour of each shade. Theodora is a bright, creamy, glossy cherry red shade and is Limited Edition, but it is part of the regular line and is instead called F-Bomb . You get 2.8g of product and it is full size. You also have to sharpen it to dispense more product. The formula is smooth, creamy, glossy and slightly tacky, but not sticky. This product is supposed to give your lips an opaque, saturated and pigment rich colour with a glossy finish. It is also mean’t to be quite creamy so that it glides onto your lips. The product is also said to contain plant derived ingredients, whi