Skip to main content

Zoella Beauty 'Secret Scenta' Mist Set

I was watching Zoella’s video about her new and upcoming Beauty and Lifestyle collections and saw that this gift set would be on offer for Christmas. I thought it would be perfect for me, as I have already tried two of the scents and I was interested in testing the other two and I didn’t want to risk purchasing a full size bottle of either straight away. This set actually shouldn’t be for sale yet, but apparently Superdrug have some sort of test sale policy where they can sell items a while before they are officially released to see how well they can sell. I find this arrangement a little odd, they must just want to be the first to sell stuff and get the exclusive! Either way, this policy allowed me to buy the gift set this month, even though it is a Christmas release. It’s name is also a play on the tradition, ‘Secret Santa’.
The bottles are the same as the full size versions, but smaller and cuter. They are square shaped and made of glass with plastic caps. They all have the regular spritzer applicator and each bottle has a different design back drop. Blissful Mistful has a white polka dot backdrop with a rose gold cap. Let’s Spritz! has a white lace backdrop with a metallic turquoise and white polka dot cap. Sweet Inspirations has a light pink backdrop with a gold shell like pattern and it also has a gold cap. Bake My Day! has a white diagonal gingerbread man backdrop and a bronze cap. It also has a white inscription on the front which reads; “A super indulgent warming gingerbread and vanilla scent, with top notes of cinnamon and chocolate. It’s delicious!”. Each bottle contains 15ml of liquid.
Blissful Mistful
“A beautiful soft, feminine fragrance with notes of Strawberry, Grapefruit, Violet, Jasmine and Gardenia”
I have had a bottle of this scent before and I wasn’t too keen on it, but I think I have changed my mind. It is a nice delicate and fresh scent and I like it even more every time I spray it

Let’s Spritz!
“A fresh and fruity spritz with delicate notes of Raspberry and Cassis”
I have also had a bottle of this one before and I love it. It smells so fruity and sparkly and you really get that raspberry note.

Sweet Inspirations
“A delicious gourmand fragrance with notes of Sweet Almond, Creamy Vanilla and Honey”
This scent is a more recent release and I loved the idea of the collection, but I wasn’t sure about the scent description. It is delicate, but it reminds me of coconut and there isn’t coconut in it, so it must be the almond and honey mixed. I dislike the scent of coconut and I’m not overly keen on this scent but it is ok. I probably wouldn’t wear it, but I wouldn’t rule out using it as a room spray.

Bake My Day!
“A warming indulgent fragrance with notes of Ginger, Vanilla, Cinnamon and Chocolate”
This is a brand new scent for this Christmas and should be available separate to this set. You can really smell the ginger and cinnamon and it smells just like Jamaican Gingerbread Loaf. It’s not really the type of scent you would think about wearing and I am not overly keen on this scent either, but it would be nice maybe as a room spray, but the cake smell is quite strong. It is definitely more suited to the winter months, rather than an all year round type scent.
All of the scents last quite a long time on the skin, but as they are mists they won’t last as long as regular perfumes. Overall I think we can conclude that I do not like the food related scents. I don’t really like Sweet Inspirations, which is supposed to smell like macarons or Bake My Day!, which does smell like gingerbread. I do like the other two scents though, but they are just fruity and floral. Let’s Spritz! is my favourite out of the four. This is a good little set to give as a gift to someone or you could split them up and make your own little gift bundles for your loved ones. It has cured my curiosity about the two new scents, but I am left a little disappointed by them. I can’t wait to get my hands on the Zoella Lifestyle collection, which should be released soon.

Price - £16.00   Rating - 5/5
Recommend - Yes       Re-Purchase - No
Available at - Superdrug

What are your thoughts on this gift set?

♥ ♥

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jouer Skinny Dip Palette

I first saw this palette when Jouer released their Skinny Dip make-up collection and I nearly bought it, but I changed my mind because I already have a million palettes. As you can see, I have changed my mind again and I am very glad that I did. The packaging is quite compact. It is made out of reflective foil gold cardboard and the typography is simple. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift to reveal a small rectangular mirror on one side and then the six eyeshadow pans on the other. The shade names are written underneath each pan. You get six ultra-foil shimmer eyeshadows in blinding shades with a net weight of 7.5g. The sixth shade is actually described as more of a glitter shade. STAR LIGHT - platinum BIKINI - champagne pink SKINNY DIP - champagne gold TAN LINES - antique bronze MAGIC HOUR - warm taupe MIDNIGHT SWIM - cocoa bronze The eyeshadows should be highly pigmented, have an intense shimmery and metallic finish, be long wearing and cre

LOOKFANTASTIC Advent Calendar 2020

Tomorrow I start opening my LookFantastic Beauty Advent Calendar for Christmas 2020. I actually pre-ordered this on Saturday 5 th September and received it on Wednesday 21 st October. I have been keeping it in a safe place since then, extremely eager to open it! It was available directly and exclusively from the LookFantastic.com website for £85.00, with it actually being worth over £460.00!!. I purchased it on pre-order and I received a £15.00 discount as I was a Beauty Box Subscriber. It has now SOLD OUT.   It contains twenty-five days worth of products. It has a black and gold theme and each day has it’s own little numbered drawer, which contains the product for that day. This is my first ever beauty calendar purchase. I don’t usually bother with them because they are so expensive, but this one didn’t seem that expensive and I also got a discount. I thought I would treat myself and try one out for a change.   I am mostly expecting there to be skincare products and probably simila

Wonderstruck by Taylor Swift

I received this sample in the post yesterday after requesting one online (no longer available). I heard about this perfume earlier in the year from FleurDeForce , after she bought a bottle of it whilst she was in the USA. It has only just been released in the UK, and what appealed to me was the bottle and the fact that I thought it might be a young scent as it’s by Taylor Swift. Instead of buying it and hoping for the best I was happy to find a way to get a free sample of it. ❤  Click  here  for a review of this perfume  ❤ Let me know in the comments section if you have it and what you think of it!