Skip to main content

Make-Up Declutter 2017

I recently did a declutter of my cosmetics and I thought I would share with you how many products I got rid of. I decided to do a declutter because I haven’t done one since March 2016 and I also recently had my bedroom re-decorated and I bought everything brand new, a lot of IKEA furniture! I wanted to sort through everything and then organise it into my new furniture.

I bought the cult IKEA Alex 9 Drawer unit for my make-up products and I have to say I am a little underwhelmed by it. I bought some inserts to use in the drawers and they didn’t fit, so I was annoyed at that anyway. You can only pull the drawers out two thirds of the way, so you have a little wasted space at the back that you can’t reach. I suppose you could modify it, but I’m not messing about. I had to buy some cutlery trays to store my make-up in and I am not overly happy with the results, but it will do for now! The unit is a lot smaller than it looks and I always wondered why bloggers tend to have more than one, I have my answer now because if you have a ridiculous amount of make-up, you will need more than one. Let’s get into what I managed to purge from my collection:

FACE
Foundations - 2
Bronzers - 1
Blushes - 4
Cheek Duos - 1
Various Samples - 7

That is a total of 15 face products. The brands of products I got rid of are; e.l.f, Rimmel, NARS, Benefit, theBalm, Stila, Too Faced and Urban Decay.

EYES
Eye Primers - 9
Single Powder Eyeshadows - 10
Cream Eyeshadows - 5
Liquid Eyeliner - 1
Pencil Eyeliner - 1
Mascaras - 7
Brow Products - 4
Various Samples - 4

That is a total of 41 eye products. The brands of products I got rid of are; Urban Decay, Colour Pop, Maybelline, e.l.f, NYC, MAC, Too Faced, Rimmel and Benefit.

LIPS
Lipsticks - 14
Lipgloss - 3
Lipstains - 2
Various Samples - 4

That is a total of 23 lip products. The brands of products I got rid of are; Revlon, Tanya Burr, MAC, Rimmel, Urban Decay, Too Faced and Maybelline.

PALETTES
Eye Palettes - 13
Cheek Palettes - 2
Multi Use Palettes - 2

That is a total of 17 palettes. The brands of palettes I got rid of are; Jeffree Star Cosmetics, Too Faced, Cargo, Urban Decay, e.l.f and Tarte.

BRUSHES
Face - 7
Eye - 11

That is a total of 18 brushes. The brands of brushes I got rid of are; Zoeva, Lauren Luke and e.l.f.

FRAGRANCE
Perfume - 1
Mini Perfumes - 3
Samples - 15

That is a total of 19 fragrances. The brands of fragrances I got rid of were a mixture of Celebrity and Designer.

NAIL POLISH
Full Size Bottles - 15
Mini - 25

That is a total of 40 nail polishes. The brands of nail polishes I got rid of are; Essie, Barry M and O.P.I.

On a whole it doesn’t seem as though I got rid of that much, but I did my first and major declutter last year and since then I haven’t subscribed to any beauty boxes, which helps a lot because I don’t end up hoarding a lot of stuff I don’t really need or want. Everything I got rid of either went to my Sister, in the bin or in a bag that I am going to donate in the new year. I am going to wait until at least after Christmas to donate it, just in case I end up collecting any more cosmetics I don’t really need or want. I actually decluttered everything I own, but I only really wanted to share the cosmetic portion with you.

♥ ♥ ♥

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jouer Skinny Dip Palette

I first saw this palette when Jouer released their Skinny Dip make-up collection and I nearly bought it, but I changed my mind because I already have a million palettes. As you can see, I have changed my mind again and I am very glad that I did. The packaging is quite compact. It is made out of reflective foil gold cardboard and the typography is simple. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift to reveal a small rectangular mirror on one side and then the six eyeshadow pans on the other. The shade names are written underneath each pan. You get six ultra-foil shimmer eyeshadows in blinding shades with a net weight of 7.5g. The sixth shade is actually described as more of a glitter shade. STAR LIGHT - platinum BIKINI - champagne pink SKINNY DIP - champagne gold TAN LINES - antique bronze MAGIC HOUR - warm taupe MIDNIGHT SWIM - cocoa bronze The eyeshadows should be highly pigmented, have an intense shimmery and metallic finish, be long wearing and cre

BPERFECT Cosmetics X Stacey Marie Carnival III: Love Tahiti Palette - Swatches

Please Note: I mean’t to review this palette a while ago, but didn’t get around to it. I thought I would still share the pictures with you. You can purchase the BPERFECT Cosmetics X Stacey Marie Carnival III: Love Tahiti Palette for £36.95 from BPerfectCosmetics.com . | I purchased this palette for £36.95 from BeautyBay.com | | Swatch Stencil: Stripes Double 36 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk | | M = Matte, ME = Metallic, HPS = High Pigment Shimmer & DSPP = Duo-Shift Pressed Pigment |

Review: Rimmel Wake Me Up

Wake Me Up Foundation I bought this after seeing the advertisement for it on Rimmel’s Facebook, and I thought the description sounded perfect for me. The packaging is made of glass and it has a curved shape, with the Rimmel logo and product name printed in the centre on a bit of plastic tape. The cap is a slanted block shape made of plastic and it is a bright orange colour with glitter sparkle. This product has an orange plastic pump, which dispenses the product. All the relevant information is printed on the back, like most products. It is also packaged in a plastic wrapper, with a security tag. This product is marketed as a foundation that “instantly reawakens skin, with a healthy, radiant glow”. It is also mean’t to be light weight and give a poreless and flawless complexion. It also contains SPF15 for sun protection and illuminating pearls, which is mean’t to give your face a natural glow. It is also mean’t to “bounce your skin back to life” and banish the signs of fat