Skip to main content

Make-Up Declutter 2017

I recently did a declutter of my cosmetics and I thought I would share with you how many products I got rid of. I decided to do a declutter because I haven’t done one since March 2016 and I also recently had my bedroom re-decorated and I bought everything brand new, a lot of IKEA furniture! I wanted to sort through everything and then organise it into my new furniture.

I bought the cult IKEA Alex 9 Drawer unit for my make-up products and I have to say I am a little underwhelmed by it. I bought some inserts to use in the drawers and they didn’t fit, so I was annoyed at that anyway. You can only pull the drawers out two thirds of the way, so you have a little wasted space at the back that you can’t reach. I suppose you could modify it, but I’m not messing about. I had to buy some cutlery trays to store my make-up in and I am not overly happy with the results, but it will do for now! The unit is a lot smaller than it looks and I always wondered why bloggers tend to have more than one, I have my answer now because if you have a ridiculous amount of make-up, you will need more than one. Let’s get into what I managed to purge from my collection:

FACE
Foundations - 2
Bronzers - 1
Blushes - 4
Cheek Duos - 1
Various Samples - 7

That is a total of 15 face products. The brands of products I got rid of are; e.l.f, Rimmel, NARS, Benefit, theBalm, Stila, Too Faced and Urban Decay.

EYES
Eye Primers - 9
Single Powder Eyeshadows - 10
Cream Eyeshadows - 5
Liquid Eyeliner - 1
Pencil Eyeliner - 1
Mascaras - 7
Brow Products - 4
Various Samples - 4

That is a total of 41 eye products. The brands of products I got rid of are; Urban Decay, Colour Pop, Maybelline, e.l.f, NYC, MAC, Too Faced, Rimmel and Benefit.

LIPS
Lipsticks - 14
Lipgloss - 3
Lipstains - 2
Various Samples - 4

That is a total of 23 lip products. The brands of products I got rid of are; Revlon, Tanya Burr, MAC, Rimmel, Urban Decay, Too Faced and Maybelline.

PALETTES
Eye Palettes - 13
Cheek Palettes - 2
Multi Use Palettes - 2

That is a total of 17 palettes. The brands of palettes I got rid of are; Jeffree Star Cosmetics, Too Faced, Cargo, Urban Decay, e.l.f and Tarte.

BRUSHES
Face - 7
Eye - 11

That is a total of 18 brushes. The brands of brushes I got rid of are; Zoeva, Lauren Luke and e.l.f.

FRAGRANCE
Perfume - 1
Mini Perfumes - 3
Samples - 15

That is a total of 19 fragrances. The brands of fragrances I got rid of were a mixture of Celebrity and Designer.

NAIL POLISH
Full Size Bottles - 15
Mini - 25

That is a total of 40 nail polishes. The brands of nail polishes I got rid of are; Essie, Barry M and O.P.I.

On a whole it doesn’t seem as though I got rid of that much, but I did my first and major declutter last year and since then I haven’t subscribed to any beauty boxes, which helps a lot because I don’t end up hoarding a lot of stuff I don’t really need or want. Everything I got rid of either went to my Sister, in the bin or in a bag that I am going to donate in the new year. I am going to wait until at least after Christmas to donate it, just in case I end up collecting any more cosmetics I don’t really need or want. I actually decluttered everything I own, but I only really wanted to share the cosmetic portion with you.

♥ ♥ ♥

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tarte Tartelette Tease Palette

I saw this advertised last year and I have been interested in the full sized Tartelette palettes before, but couldn’t really justify buying one (plus I couldn’t find anywhere in the UK that sold them). I thought getting this little ‘tease’ would introduce me to the brand, plus the shades look very appealing. This palette is described as being the “pocket-perfect version” of the original Tartelette palette. I thought it would be slightly bigger, but it is actually pocket sized. It is a similar size to the Urban Decay Naked Basics Palettes, but it is shorter in length and slightly wider. It’s overall layout is landscape with a length of 9.7cm and width of 5.8cm. It is made of cardboard and has a pink, purple and gold theme. The lid of the palette is magnetised and you lift it up to reveal the eyeshadows. It also has a small mirror on the reverse side of the lid and the eyeshadow pans are laid out in two rows of three shades. The pans are rectangular in shape and the shades n...

KALEIDOS Futurism VII: Sashimi City Palette

This was the futurism palette that I was the most excited about trying. It’s the one that has the most cohesive colour story to me and I do love me some warm neutrals! I still have three more futurism palettes to test out and I can’t wait. THE PACKAGING The packaging is a long thin rectangle shape and the concept reminds me of a wardrobe. There is a purple, pink and coral city skyscraper theme all over the packaging. It has a magnetic closing and you open up the left side first and then the right side to reveal the circular eyeshadow pans and long thin mirror inside. The outside theme continues to the inside. The eyeshadow shade names come printed on a removable plastic sheet. THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA You get six 1.33g eyeshadows/pressed pigments in Matte (M), Duo-Chrome (DC) and Multi-Chrome (MC) finishes.   ·          Rich and Velvety Texture ·          Smooth as Silk Application ·   ...

BY BEAUTY BAY Fiery 16 Colour Palette

This is the third BY BEAUTY BAY make-up product I’ve tried and I did see it on the website when it first launched, but never picked it up. It was always sold out anyway so I couldn’t get it and the packaging has just been re-vamped for all of their palettes and all of the products were re-stocked. I decided to pick this one up because of the size, it’s not too small and it’s not too big. The nine shade version of this palette is all matte, and I really like shimmers/metallic and the massive forty-two shade version is too big (too many shades and too big to store in my drawers). I thought the sixteen shade palette would be the perfect medium. My palette actually arrived faulty; one of the eyeshadows is missing (Burnt Sienna). In the spot were Burnt Sienna should be there is actually a duplicate of another shade in the palette (Sunstone). Basically, I have two Sunstone eyeshadows and I should only have one. I don’t have the shade Burnt Sienna when I should have one of them (abov...