Skip to main content

Laura Lee Los Angeles Cats Pajamas Palette

I heard about this palette before it first launched and I thought it looked pretty, but once it was available in the UK, I decided not to buy it as it looks a lot like my other palettes. I only decided to purchase it when I saw that it was on offer on BeautyBay.com. I got it for £17.50 and I thought that they must be desperate to get rid of some selling them off at that price!
It is a palette by Laura Lee, who is a beauty influencer on YouTube and Laura Lee Los Angeles is her new beauty brand. This is her first product and palette. I know her brand also did a collaboration with ColourPop and she has just released her second palette called Nudie Patootie and a few more products are due to launch soon (eyeliners and liquid lipsticks). I actually don’t follow her, as she is not my cup of tea but this doesn’t stop me from trying out her products, sometimes make-up is just make-up after all!
The packaging is actually quite nice. The outer carton is made out of card with a pink floral design all over it. The palette is made out of cardboard and it has a glittery silver covering over it. The glitter isn’t textured; it is like a vinyl covering. The brand logo is stamped right in the middle. The logo is simple, yet sophisticated. Inside the palette you get a small mirror, which is surrounded by cardboard with the same floral print all over it as the outer carton.

You get ten 2g eyeshadows in three different finishes; semi-matte/satin, matte and shimmer.
OKIE DOKIE - matte off white (SMS)
SCATTER BRAIN - pale gold shimmer (S)
BOMB DIGGITY - matte caramel (M)
CRAY CRAY - deep burnt matte orange (M)
REDONKULUS - copper shimmer (S)
QUIRKY - deep purple shimmer (S)
KOOKY - matte amaranth (M)
IN ONE EAR - burgundy shimmer (S)
OUT THE OTHER - plum shimmer (S)
ODD BALL - black shimmer (S)

The eyeshadows are all pressed powders and they should be highly pigmented, whether used wet or dry and you should be able to create a range of versatile looks from dark smoky to soft glamour. This palette is also vegan and cruelty free.

This palette is actually quite good! I do like the packaging and the quality is great. The eyeshadows are highly pigmented, they are quite powdery because when you touch the shades with your brush, it kicks back a lot of the powder, but I expect this with all eyeshadows, powder ones anyway. They also blend very nicely too and I always use eye primer. The shimmer ones are more intense when wet, but I got on fine with them dry. My favourite shades are Scatter Brain and In One Ear. The only issues I have are that the packaging design has nothing to do with cats or pajamas. Outside is glittery, but inside is pink and floral. Also, the shades and the shade names have nothing to with cats either. I am confused as to why it is called Cats Pajamas. I am guessing that there is no theme other than it was put together based on things Laura likes (particular colours, shiny things, pink, floral patterns, cats and pajamas!). I also found it hard to create versatile looks. That could just be the fact that I am still really an amateur when it comes to creating make-up looks. I found it easy to create a bronzy and neutral look, but to create a vampy look I feel like the shade range is lacking for me. It is still a great palette, but I wouldn’t recommend it to a beginner. I personally wouldn’t re-purchase this palette, but I am thinking about purchasing the Nudie Patootie Palette, but I really don’t think I need another neutral palette!

Price - £35.00  
Available at - BeautBay.com, LauraLeeLosAngeles.com
I Got It - for £17.50 from BeautyBay.com



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jouer Skinny Dip Palette

I first saw this palette when Jouer released their Skinny Dip make-up collection and I nearly bought it, but I changed my mind because I already have a million palettes. As you can see, I have changed my mind again and I am very glad that I did. The packaging is quite compact. It is made out of reflective foil gold cardboard and the typography is simple. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift to reveal a small rectangular mirror on one side and then the six eyeshadow pans on the other. The shade names are written underneath each pan. You get six ultra-foil shimmer eyeshadows in blinding shades with a net weight of 7.5g. The sixth shade is actually described as more of a glitter shade. STAR LIGHT - platinum BIKINI - champagne pink SKINNY DIP - champagne gold TAN LINES - antique bronze MAGIC HOUR - warm taupe MIDNIGHT SWIM - cocoa bronze The eyeshadows should be highly pigmented, have an intense shimmery and metallic finish, be long wearing and cre

Review: Rimmel Wake Me Up

Wake Me Up Foundation I bought this after seeing the advertisement for it on Rimmel’s Facebook, and I thought the description sounded perfect for me. The packaging is made of glass and it has a curved shape, with the Rimmel logo and product name printed in the centre on a bit of plastic tape. The cap is a slanted block shape made of plastic and it is a bright orange colour with glitter sparkle. This product has an orange plastic pump, which dispenses the product. All the relevant information is printed on the back, like most products. It is also packaged in a plastic wrapper, with a security tag. This product is marketed as a foundation that “instantly reawakens skin, with a healthy, radiant glow”. It is also mean’t to be light weight and give a poreless and flawless complexion. It also contains SPF15 for sun protection and illuminating pearls, which is mean’t to give your face a natural glow. It is also mean’t to “bounce your skin back to life” and banish the signs of fat

BPERFECT Cosmetics X Stacey Marie Carnival III: Love Tahiti Palette - Swatches

Please Note: I mean’t to review this palette a while ago, but didn’t get around to it. I thought I would still share the pictures with you. You can purchase the BPERFECT Cosmetics X Stacey Marie Carnival III: Love Tahiti Palette for £36.95 from BPerfectCosmetics.com . | I purchased this palette for £36.95 from BeautyBay.com | | Swatch Stencil: Stripes Double 36 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk | | M = Matte, ME = Metallic, HPS = High Pigment Shimmer & DSPP = Duo-Shift Pressed Pigment |