Skip to main content

Laura Lee Los Angeles Cats Pajamas Palette

I heard about this palette before it first launched and I thought it looked pretty, but once it was available in the UK, I decided not to buy it as it looks a lot like my other palettes. I only decided to purchase it when I saw that it was on offer on BeautyBay.com. I got it for £17.50 and I thought that they must be desperate to get rid of some selling them off at that price!
It is a palette by Laura Lee, who is a beauty influencer on YouTube and Laura Lee Los Angeles is her new beauty brand. This is her first product and palette. I know her brand also did a collaboration with ColourPop and she has just released her second palette called Nudie Patootie and a few more products are due to launch soon (eyeliners and liquid lipsticks). I actually don’t follow her, as she is not my cup of tea but this doesn’t stop me from trying out her products, sometimes make-up is just make-up after all!
The packaging is actually quite nice. The outer carton is made out of card with a pink floral design all over it. The palette is made out of cardboard and it has a glittery silver covering over it. The glitter isn’t textured; it is like a vinyl covering. The brand logo is stamped right in the middle. The logo is simple, yet sophisticated. Inside the palette you get a small mirror, which is surrounded by cardboard with the same floral print all over it as the outer carton.

You get ten 2g eyeshadows in three different finishes; semi-matte/satin, matte and shimmer.
OKIE DOKIE - matte off white (SMS)
SCATTER BRAIN - pale gold shimmer (S)
BOMB DIGGITY - matte caramel (M)
CRAY CRAY - deep burnt matte orange (M)
REDONKULUS - copper shimmer (S)
QUIRKY - deep purple shimmer (S)
KOOKY - matte amaranth (M)
IN ONE EAR - burgundy shimmer (S)
OUT THE OTHER - plum shimmer (S)
ODD BALL - black shimmer (S)

The eyeshadows are all pressed powders and they should be highly pigmented, whether used wet or dry and you should be able to create a range of versatile looks from dark smoky to soft glamour. This palette is also vegan and cruelty free.

This palette is actually quite good! I do like the packaging and the quality is great. The eyeshadows are highly pigmented, they are quite powdery because when you touch the shades with your brush, it kicks back a lot of the powder, but I expect this with all eyeshadows, powder ones anyway. They also blend very nicely too and I always use eye primer. The shimmer ones are more intense when wet, but I got on fine with them dry. My favourite shades are Scatter Brain and In One Ear. The only issues I have are that the packaging design has nothing to do with cats or pajamas. Outside is glittery, but inside is pink and floral. Also, the shades and the shade names have nothing to with cats either. I am confused as to why it is called Cats Pajamas. I am guessing that there is no theme other than it was put together based on things Laura likes (particular colours, shiny things, pink, floral patterns, cats and pajamas!). I also found it hard to create versatile looks. That could just be the fact that I am still really an amateur when it comes to creating make-up looks. I found it easy to create a bronzy and neutral look, but to create a vampy look I feel like the shade range is lacking for me. It is still a great palette, but I wouldn’t recommend it to a beginner. I personally wouldn’t re-purchase this palette, but I am thinking about purchasing the Nudie Patootie Palette, but I really don’t think I need another neutral palette!

Price - £35.00  
Available at - BeautBay.com, LauraLeeLosAngeles.com
I Got It - for £17.50 from BeautyBay.com

♥ ♥ ♥

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perfume Power! - Avon 'Femme'

I recently started looking at the Avon catalogues again and I saw this perfume had a test circle. Whenever I see the test circles, I just have to rub them! I tested this perfume and I instantly wanted it, plus it was on offer with the matching body spray and lotion. The bottle is clear glass and is inspired by diamonds. The cap is clear plastic and is a squared diamond shape. It has a regular perfume spritzer, which is silver to blend in with the clear cut look. The fragrance notes are:- Top Notes: Pink Grapefruit, Plum & Violet Middle Notes: Jasmine, Wild Orchid & Magnolia Base Notes: Amber, Peach, Wood & Musk I really like the bottle because it is beautifully simple and you can see how much liquid you have left. The cap is not very secure though because it just sits on top of the spritzer, which means it can easy fall off in your bag. The spritzer is very easy to use and it distributes the perfume evenly in a concentrated mist. The scent I would say...

Charlotte Tilbury Charlotte Darling Easy Eye Palette

I have another Charlotte Tilbury palette post for you today; I have been on a roll with them! You can definitely tell I am a fan of her eyeshadow formula. There are loads of other CT products I would love to try, but I am slowing down the purchases for now as I do have a confession to make at the end of this post! THE PACKAGING The packaging is made of shiny maroon plastic and it has a short, thin and rectangular shape. It has a metallic gold starburst design across the front. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift up to reveal the rectangular eyeshadow pans arranged in threes across a mirrored gold base. The group names are printed on the back of the palette. The shades don’t really have names, but there is a removable plastic insert included which labels the eyeshadows as 1 Prime, 2 Enhance or 3 Smoke. There is also a mirror on the underside of the lid. THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA You get six 0.9g eyeshadows in Matte (M) and Metallic (ME) finishes.   ·    ...

Swatches: Maybelline Colour Sensational Stripped Nudes Lipstick in Tantalizing Taupe

Tantalizing Taupe (725) - light, but deep nude beige Quite smooth, slight shine and pretty nude colour, but sadly it doesn’t really suit me. £6.99 - Maybelline.co.uk What do you think of this product? ♥ ♥ ♥