Skip to main content

Glossybox #24 - January 2019

This is the first Glossybox of the year and it is the second one I have received since I re-subscribed in December 2018.

AVANT SKINCARE DELUXE HYALURONIC ACID VIVIFYING FACE & EYE NIGHT CREAM
This is the most expensive product from the box and it is an anti-ageing moisturiser that is supposed to be hydrating and rejuvenating. It is also supposed to be smoothing without adding shine to your skin and it should have a fresh scent. I have actually tested this and the first time I used it, my skin did look shiny and kind of feel greasy. The second time I used it, my skin still looked shiny and when I touched my skin I could tell there was something on it. I don’t think this means it doesn’t work, I think it just needs a little time to settle on the skin. I don’t know what it looks like if you apply make-up over the top. My skin is kind of oily in some place, mostly the t-zone and my cheeks, neck and nose can be quite dry.
| 50ml - £98.00 |

BATISTE RETHINK DRY SHAMPOO IN HYDRATE
This dry shampoo is supposed to treat your hair as well as refreshing it. It should also been an invisible formula, which means you won’t be able to see it in your hair. The one I received should hydrate your hair as it contains avocado. I have used other Batiste dry shampoos before and it would be my first choice if I needed it. This one has a nice fresh scent and will come in handy should I find myself in need.
| 50ml - £1.50 |

MAYBELLINE DREAM BLENDER FOUNDATION SPONGE
This sponge is latex-free and should provide you with a smooth finish. You should use the sides of the sponge to blend your foundation in circular motions across your cheeks and then in an outward direction on your forehead, nose and chin. You can use the tip of the sponge for precision around your nose and under your eyes. I have seen this sponge before in drugstores and thought it looked cute. I don’t use sponges to apply my foundation because I find it takes me twice as long to apply and then I still need to go in and use my fingers to smooth it out anyway. I will keep hold of it though, because it may come in handy some day because it doesn’t look like your typical blender sponge. You should still be able to clean this sponge, the way you would with any beauty sponge (soap and water).
| £4.99 |

HASK REPAIRING DEEP CONDITIONING TREATMENT IM BAMBOO OIL
There are different types of these treatments and the one I received contains bamboo oil, which is supposed to strengthen and condition your hair. The sachet can be used more than once, depending on how much you need to use to cover your hair. I would recommend sealing the rest in case it dries out inside the open sachet. If you have long hair like me, you might need to use the whole sachet. You can leave it in your hair for 5-10 minutes and then rinse it off. I’ve said before that I am not really into hair products, but sample sachets of hair products may come in handy should I feel the need to use a mask in my hair. It is better than receiving a large tube or tub of hair mask that I possibly may not use.
| 50ml - £2.49 |

-417 FACIAL MICRO LUFFA FOAMING GEL
You can use this foaming gel cleanser to exfoliate and remove your make-up. You apply it to damp skin and then work it in with circular motions. It should leave your skin feeling clean, soft and fresh. I personally wouldn’t use this product to remove my make-up but I would use it as a facewash. I find the concept of using it to remove make-up very strange.
| 100ml - £13.31 |

I got a product card with this box! If you read my last Glossybox post, you will know that I didn’t receive a product card and I wondered why. I guess they must have forgotten last time. There were no make-up items in this box, which is a little disappointing, but the products I received were interesting. I did actually enjoy this box and I think I will stay subscribed.

The ‘Sneak Peek!’ for February’s box, teases that everyone should receive a HUDA BEAUTY Lip Contour Pencil in either ‘Flirt’ or ‘Venus’. One shade looks like a nude/brown and the other a red.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Katie Price 'Stunning' Perfume VS JoJo Siwa 'Be You' Perfume - Are they the same?

I was browsing on AllBeauty.com and looking at celebrity fragrances and I saw that one was listed for JoJo Siwa. I had heard of JoJo before, but I don’t really know anything about her. I clicked on it out of interest and when I first saw the image of the perfume, I thought maybe the wrong photograph had been uploaded until I clicked on it and saw the description of the perfume. When I first saw the photograph, before I clicked on it to read the description, I instantly thought, that’s Stunning by Katie Price! I looked into it a bit more and compared it to Stunning. The JoJo Siwa “version” is called Be You. Photo Source: Perfume.com Stunning by Katie Price ·          Released in 2007 (12 years ago). ·          Contains the notes; Mandarin Orange, Jasmine & Patchouli. ·          Classed as a floral scent. ·       ...

Benefit Cheek Stars Reunion Tour Palette

I’ve wanted to try the highlighter Cookie from Benefit for ages, but always decided against purchasing a single of it as I always declutter the single boxed powders by Benefit, so I didn’t want to waste money again. Also, I have far too many single highlighters (OFRA ♥) as it is! I kept seeing Beauty Influencers on YouTube use this palette, so I decided to purchase it for myself. You get five full sized powders inside a cute compact palette. You also get a free face brush which also fits inside the palette and a Tips & Tricks Card. You can purchase it for £53.50 ($60.00) from BenefitCosmetics.com. There is also a mini version available of this palette (Cheek Stars Mini Reunion Tour Palette), which includes; Georgia, Sugarbomb and Hoola for £26.00 ($30.00). All five powders are also available in singles and mini/travel singles. Swatch Stencil: Stripes 7 Pan by SwatchPerfect.co.uk Dallas - rosy bronze blush (9g) Sugarbomb - rosy pink blush (7g) Cookie - golden...

Charlotte Tilbury Charlotte Darling Easy Eye Palette

I have another Charlotte Tilbury palette post for you today; I have been on a roll with them! You can definitely tell I am a fan of her eyeshadow formula. There are loads of other CT products I would love to try, but I am slowing down the purchases for now as I do have a confession to make at the end of this post! THE PACKAGING The packaging is made of shiny maroon plastic and it has a short, thin and rectangular shape. It has a metallic gold starburst design across the front. It has a magnetic closing, which you lift up to reveal the rectangular eyeshadow pans arranged in threes across a mirrored gold base. The group names are printed on the back of the palette. The shades don’t really have names, but there is a removable plastic insert included which labels the eyeshadows as 1 Prime, 2 Enhance or 3 Smoke. There is also a mirror on the underside of the lid. THE EYESHADOWS & FORMULA You get six 0.9g eyeshadows in Matte (M) and Metallic (ME) finishes.   ·    ...